PDA

View Full Version : Almost wish

somestimeskaren
02-04-2017, 08:12 PM
I got dressed early this evening wearing a nice skirt and top ,very happy with the way my makeup looks and I'm wearing my favorite wig.I'm sitting on the sofa watching television when the dog runs to the front door barking her head off.I think maybe someone is on the porch ready to ring the doorbell.Turns out there is no one there,I don't know what set her off but I was thinking if someone had been there I would have answered the door as Karen.I almost wish it had been my daughter who often just drops by for a short visit .There would have been no time to change ,remove makeup or nail polish.I guess what I 'm saying is I almost wish I were caught dressed so that I'd finally get Karen out in the open.I love the way I look and feel as Karen and I keep having these urges to share with someone.I think my daughter who just turned 38 last month would be the person to start with.This year I'm seriously going to think about doing that.I wish there was a support group in the Niagara region other than Toronto where I could meet other gurls for support and sharing.

DIANEF
02-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Perhaps talking to her first and maybe showing some pictures might be better than 'being caught'? Not judging, and if that's what you want fine. The desire to let someone in on your secret can be strong, trust me , I know. I've gone nearly 40 years without anyone knowing and feel as you do about getting myself 'out there'. I'm not sure it will ever actually happen, but you never know.

Micki_Finn
02-04-2017, 08:45 PM
I can understand the desire to be "out" be be prepared for the consequences. The person you're revealing yourself to could seem like the most accepting person in the world, but often it's different when it's a family member, so, or close friend.

audreyinalbany
02-05-2017, 12:10 AM
I agree with Diane..if you're that anxious to be caught by your daughter, maybe you should just go ahead and reveal yourself

Rachelakld
02-05-2017, 02:47 AM
Bad shock can be a pain in the buttocks for those who are on the receiving end, personally I prefer the gental approach with a "heads up".
I used the gental approach on my 4 kids and my sister and her family - they respected me more for it, and they are all really cool about it.

Tracii G
02-05-2017, 03:08 AM
Good advice so far.

Teresa
02-05-2017, 06:48 AM
Karen,
I was caught out by my daughter not because I was dressed but because I forgot she was in the house and I was ironing a dress she knew didn't belong to my wife. The outcome was I told her it was mine and explained my Cding to her. She is coming up to forty now and has been so supportive, even to the point of heated arguments with my wife. I told her nicely to back off from that and not get caught as piggy in the middle. She still hasn't seen me dressed but has seen my pictures she doesn't have a problem with me dressing at her home and neither does her husband.

I feel you come to point where the hiding and sometimes the associated feelings of shame and guilt have to be put behind you . The forum has shown me that CDing is for life, we have to come to terms with it, we must be honest with ourselves so we can accept it and then we are in a position to reveal it to others. My wife still doesn't want to know but does accept it's part of me and realises going out socially is something I need to do, she's knows I'm not interested in men but I can't promise how far I need to go with my dressing.

Diane suggests pictures first, but make sure they make you look good enough without being OTT, I still think the guy in a skirt is the worse way to be caught, I know at some point that's going to happen to me because I don't do makeup or wig at home.

BLUE ORCHID
02-05-2017, 07:17 AM
Hi Karen:hugs:, Before you jump into the deep end , Read line number 4 in my signature...:daydreaming:...

Lana Mae
02-05-2017, 08:04 AM
I am out verbally to both of my kids(in their 30s). My son just laughed and said whatever makes you happy dad! My daughter lives with me and has seen pictures. She is into libraries and there was a beauty on PBS. I invited her into my bedroom to view it on my TV. I forgot I had my night gown on. She walked in and made the comment that it was cut too low for her and was OK but I don't have any boobs to show off(do not wear forms to bed)! She is very accepting! Hugs Lana Mae

CarlaWestin
02-05-2017, 11:28 AM
My ex who divorced me because of my crossdressing (actually she'd been screwing around on me) couldn't understand why I disclosed to our daughter who thought it was uber cool.