PDA

View Full Version : Closet, BOOM!

SuzyZahn
02-05-2017, 01:05 PM
How many gals when given say 24-48 hrs to dress ,if you have that chance, tend to `destroy` their closets with all the many outfit changes and different looks one may try to attain? I know i`m kinda bad with that. But lately I try to pickup and re-organize while i`m still in my softer side mode which makes things easier upon the cleanup time. Either way its so much fun trying on so many different kinds of attire. Guy clothes are so BORING!

Meghan4now
02-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Suzy,

So right, guess I'm a slob. If the wife is out of town, I still play a bit of dress up, and don't worry about getting every thing back until the hours or day before she gets home. When she's in town, I'm careful not to leave a mess behind. Not too many reminders, and she's obsessive about things always being put away.

When she's in town, it's pretty much, make a decision and be quick about it.

Wen4cd
02-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Some nights, even with only a few hours, I'll try on almost everything in the closet, especially if I'm playing things against a new hair or makeup style. I've been forcing myslelf in recent years to stop an hour or so early and diligently clean up my mess. Guess that's maturity setting in :)

docrobbysherry
02-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Tell me about it!:brolleyes:

Wen4cd
02-05-2017, 01:30 PM
^^ HAHAHAHA Sherry exactly! The struggle is real

Leslie Langford
02-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Yep, been there, done that!

In physics, that concept is known as "Entropy" when it comes to explaining how thermodynamic processes work, and how disorder and randomness are the normal way by which they break down unless reversed through external interventions. You can look it up. ;)

Tracii G
02-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Oh yes frequently.

Lauri K
02-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Suzy & others

I only thought I was bad until I saw Doc Sherry's photos......(post #4).....wow that looks like several hours to pick up and put away there Doc.

My routine is to change 4 or 5 times before heading out the door, but now I try to have the discipline to hang back up things that I don't select to wear

Cause there is no wife, no GF or anyone else for that matter going to pick it up for me......funny how living alone you will control how big of mess you make

Lana Mae
02-05-2017, 02:22 PM
I usually plan what I will wear ahead of time! Although sometimes that does not work and I get what Sherry's bed room looks like! LOL Hugs Lana Mae Lauri, when you live alone, yeah so true! LOL

Leslie Mary S
02-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Been there, doing it this weekend. Not only do I ty the clothes in the closet, but all of the stuff I have stashed in storage boxes. And in the living room I have my photo studio stuff set up. I have already shot over 150 photos (most got trashed) I have processed them too.
Now I have to sort out and put everything back in storage, clean the house and the bathroom. (Make-up traces), and fix a late night dinner. I MIGHT post a photo or two in the photo gallery.

sweetdreams
02-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Doc that is a lot of hardware (or is it software?).

DIANEF
02-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Used to do that a lot until one day I had several bags of clothes scattered around the bedroom, my wife came home early from work and was seconds from seeing them. Now I limit myself to two or three changes of clothes on any dress day.

BLUE ORCHID
02-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Hi Suzy:hugs:, I now have learned to have controlled and orderly private fashion shows...:daydreaming:...

Maria Blackwood
02-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Nah, I pick something and go with it for the day.

Teresa
02-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Suzy,
I usually know in advance what outfit I'm going to wear for my next social meeting, so I use the time to check out accessories and make sure everything is washed and ironed. I then hang what I intend to wear in a wardrobe in my daughter's old bedroom, I don't usually change my mind so I don't get into too much of a mess.

Rachelakld
02-05-2017, 04:55 PM
I'm ex military, so everything has a place and is always in its place
Also I tend to think of the reason for my outing and plan on 2 different outfits, then decide just before I do my make up (about 10-15 minutes before I leave the house)

Angie G
02-05-2017, 05:11 PM
I get to dress whenever I home with just my wife here so I tend to stay dressed in one outfit for sometime. I don't need to get asmuch in as i can all at once.:hugs:
Angie

Becky Blue
02-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Haha to the OP, exactly!! I almost always spread everything out everywhere and then get a mild panic attack thinking OMG when I pack up I may leave something lying around. What works for me is to say to myself ok Becky, play the good housewife and tidy up :)

BettyMorgan
02-05-2017, 10:09 PM
I usually plan what I will wear ahead of time! Although sometimes that does not work ...

I usually have a plan too, but for some reason I have to try on three different outfits before I make the decision. But in the rush of getting out the door I never have time to tidy up until the next day.

The best laid plans of mice and crossdressers.

docrobbysherry
02-06-2017, 01:56 AM
Doc that is a lot of hardware (or is it software?).

Actually, these r really old photos taken before I came out to my daughter. Back then, I used to put everything away after ever session. Took between 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour.

Now that my daughter knows and never comes up my bedroom and bath they r much messier!:eek:

natalie_cheryl
02-06-2017, 10:01 AM
I am totally guilty of this, I always know what I want to start with but then I see this dress an that top an those shoes an that skirt..... next thing you know I've had myself a little fashion show with far to many pics lol!

Jaylyn
02-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Suzy I really kind of have my own ceded chest that I use for most of my things. I seem to wear my panties daily so after I wear them I throw me in the wash hamper. My wife lost a bunch of weight and she gave me her old clothes, so I have a lot of tops and skirts. I went thru them keep everything I like and discarded the rest. We each buy our own undies, hose and makeup. ( well actually she is always asking me if Jaylyn needs any make up when she buys hers) I keep mine in an old purse in my chest. I try and keep every thing in check in case we die in a car wreck or something else at least my kids will think mom was keeping some of her old clothes in the chest in case she gained weight again. Now the forms, the really tall heels might make them wonder. Don't think they would buy mom must have lost weight in her boobs and her feet shrunk.

Jackie7
02-06-2017, 11:25 AM
My darling wife has taught me what she learned from Mom and aunties: the womanly wiles of organizing clothes and maintaining a wardrobe, everything clean and mended all the time, neatly hung or folded, like with like. At first I found my manly slob really tough to rein in, but over the years I've come to appreciate her methods and now I take a womanly pride in keeping my stuff her way. And the essential infrastructure for that is having a place for everything.

I was able to share with her one thing from the manly realm: Roy G. Biv. That's electric-speak for the rainbow order of colors on resistors, red-orange-yellow-green-blue-indigo-violet. She likes to organize colored blouses the same way. I can only gape in awe.

Meghan4now
02-06-2017, 11:47 AM
"Roy G Biv" is wrong. It doesn't count black, brown, white and grey and there is no indigo. We had a worse mnemonic "Bad Boys R... Our Young Girls, But Violet Gives Willingly". Black is 0, Brown 1, etc.

Jackie7
02-06-2017, 05:55 PM
now that you mention it, Meghan, I remember that one too. Don't remember where the hell indigo came from though, maybe the rainbow in physics?

Diane Smith
02-06-2017, 10:53 PM
I always have to pull four or five outfits out of the closet and try them on, or at least hold them up to me, when trying to decide what to wear for an outing. More often than I'd care to admit, I then change my mind once or twice before leaving and have to look for and change into a different item or two. This leaves a trail of rejected clothes spread out on the bed and/or in the laundry room that I never bother to pick up until I get back, or more often, a day or two later. (Fortunately, I live alone, so there's nobody else to consider.)

I did once have a literal "BOOM" in the closet when the closet rod collapsed, dropping perhaps 30 skirts and pairs of pants into a big heap on the floor. It was loud enough that I heard it happen from the other end of the house, and it took hours to put everything back together.

- Diane

rachel_rachel
02-06-2017, 11:38 PM
All the time.

IleneD
02-07-2017, 01:08 AM
I'm ex military, so everything has a place and is always in its place
Also I tend to think of the reason for my outing and plan on 2 different outfits, then decide just before I do my make up (about 10-15 minutes before I leave the house)
HA! Rachel You beat me to it. 30 years in the Navy, and the one thing everyone comes away with is being a GREAT HOUSEKEEPER; especially when it comes to clothes. You have never met a more festidious group than military when it comes to "gear adrift" and everything being in (compulsive, obsessive) order.

Leslie Mary S
02-07-2017, 06:17 AM
Diana I hear you with the clothes rods.
I had a nice 11 foot long 5 foot wide walk-in closet. I and installed a series of those fancy white rod/shelf assemblies on the left side, 11 feet worth, and 9 feet worth on the right (Door swung in on the right). I had sorted my drab clothes on the left and my girly stuff on the right. I had all my drab stuff, including t-shirts, on hangers.
Boxes on top of boxes on the shelves. Shoe boxes over the en femme side.
One day, while I and my support people were in the living-room, there came this thunderous noise from the bedroom. We rushed into the bedroom, nothing. As we turned around to leave, we noticed that the closet door was closed. Something we never did unless there were strangers in the house. When I tried to open the door it was blocked. I was able to push it open enough t get into the closet. The left side 11 foot shelf assembly had collapsed and was hanging down from the wall. The angled support braces had pulled their screws out of the studs.
The next day,my support friends worked on moving all the stuff to the right side of the closet floor so I could stand. I went out and bought some steel ridged water pipe (1 1/4) and 2" x 4" lumber. I Built new brackets and put the flimsy shelf material on the top above the new rod.
Did you know that old books and bibles are heavy? I had also put some of my Femme gowns on the left side because I was sorting out my stuff from some of the studio wardrobes that had made it into my closet while we were working on the studio. (Plastering, sanding, painting, etc.)
The next week, I reworked the right side before it could collapse.

CarlaWestin
02-07-2017, 08:19 AM
I did once have a literal "BOOM" in the closet when the closet rod collapsed, dropping perhaps 30 skirts and pairs of pants into a big heap on the floor. It was loud enough that I heard it happen from the other end of the house, and it took hours to put everything back together.

I had this happen in two closets in my house. The previous owner thought that plastic anchors in drywall could hold up the moon.

I keep everything fairly organized. I've just got too much stuff to keep track of. And, I really don't want it to look like a dreaded crossdresser lives there. But, I have done the exploding girl frenzy before.

Here's half of the closet, half of the forms and maybe a tenth of the whole Carla collection.

Meghan4now
02-07-2017, 08:26 AM

- Diane
OMG,

I still need to repair the dry wall in my closet for the exact same problem. Whoever put the bar in in the first place didn't use the studs!

DANG Carla, that looks as well stocked as a boutique!

Jillian Faith
02-07-2017, 09:06 AM
24-48 hours lol....give me 2-4 hours of dressing and it looks like a tornado hit my girl closet.