PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep dressed!

natalie edwards
02-05-2017, 03:06 PM
All these years later and I still can't sleep dressed! Whether it's one of those rare occasions when I can dress for hours and then change into my slinky little teddy or babydoll nightie or when it's just going upstairs to our bedroom a bit earlier and dressing. I lie awake all night just enjoying the feeling of thigh highs on my freshly shaven legs, the flowery aroma of my perfume, the feeling of my breasts in a pushup bra, the feel of my wig caressing my shoulders and the sides of my face, the shiny, creamy feeling of my lipstick, the false lashes, the long fake nails, and the just the total euphoria of feeling complete!
The next day I'm really dragging my butt, but it's so worth it!
Anyone else lay awake nights?

Heather Anne
02-05-2017, 03:19 PM
I have been going to bed dressed from the neck down for quite awhile (I live alone). By that I mean garter belt and stockings, panties, pocket bra and breast forms and a long nylon night gown. Majority of the time I get a good night sleep. Occasionally will have trouble getting to sleep. In December started using a CPAP machine. Still not comfortable using it. I guess it just takes time to get use to it. In the morning I get up have breakfast, take of morning routine and dress from the neck down for the rest of the day. (I am retired).

XemmaX
02-05-2017, 03:25 PM
me too but i dont like clothes anyway when im in bed.

Maria Blackwood
02-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Sleeping in lingerie and sometimes forms broke a long standing sleep disorder I had. I sleep like a baby swaddled in silk and lace. In the winter I go nuts, like in the old movies where after a woman gets dressed for bed she's wearing more square yards of material than during the day.

Teresa
02-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Natalie,
It's not an option for me as I'm in a DADT situation apart from the concession of sleeping in a nightie, I do sleep better when I wear it.

Evie82
02-05-2017, 04:21 PM
I can usually sleep fine when I'm dressed (I actually think it helps!) with one big exception - I once fell asleep unintentionally early whilst still wearing a gaff. That woke me up in the middle of the night in a great deal of discomfort so I wouldn't recommend it!

Angie G
02-05-2017, 04:48 PM
No whem I'm in my hightwear I sleep like a babygirl.:hugs:
Angie

Hell on Heels
02-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Hell-o Natalie,
I find that a "little" bit of Tequila in my coffee helps tremendously!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Becky Blue
02-05-2017, 05:23 PM
I have been lucky enough to sleep enfemme when away for work on many many occasions, a pretty pink slinky long cami almost guarantees me a deep happy sleep.

natalie edwards
02-05-2017, 06:01 PM
It's not that I'm complaining. I'm just enjoying the sensation so much that it's keeping me awake. When in drab and I have a restless night where the mind rambles on about nonsense I lay there thinking I need to sleep! If I fall asleep now I can get ______hours of sleep. But when dressed I actually enjoy the totally relaxed yet not sleeping feeling.

Maria Blackwood
02-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Tequila in the coffee is definitely not skirting :D (see other thread)

mykell
02-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Hell-o Natalie,
I find that a "little" bit of Tequila in my coffee helps tremendously!
Much Love,
Kristyn

did someone say tequila, get rid of that coffee stuff....it takes up too much room :D

boosted a pair of black palazzo type pant from the donation pile from the mrs. once, wore them in my pajama bottom rotation for a spell but they have mysteriously disappeared :Angry3:so now i dont wear any :devil:

Trans_Cate
02-05-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm exactly the same. It's just too much stimulation, even when I'm minimally crossdressed. I keep waking up all through the night.

DeeDeeB
02-05-2017, 07:07 PM
I've been sleeping nude since I realized I could. Nothing will improve on that.

Dee :fairy1:

lingerieLiz
02-06-2017, 03:36 AM
The key is getting used to what you wear at night. My wife doesn't like thin straps on her night gowns because the cut into her shoulders. I usually don't mind them, but sometimes they do me also.

alwayshave
02-06-2017, 07:49 AM
I sleep like a baby.

CarlaWestin
02-06-2017, 08:23 AM
I have been going to bed dressed from the neck down for quite awhile (I sleep alone). By that I mean garter belt and stockings, panties, pocket bra and breast forms and a long nylon night gown. Majority of the time I get a good night sleep.

I dress this way every night. And sleep like a baby. Love that warm snuggly feeling in the morning. Especially on the weekend when I don't have to get up for work.

Lana Mae
02-06-2017, 08:28 AM
I sleep better at night when dressed! I have night gown, sleep shirts, and PJs. I used to just sleep in my male underwear. This is so much better! Hugs Lana Mae

CONSUELO
02-06-2017, 09:42 AM
At night I prefer to dress for bed. I always wear a nightdress but nothing else and I make sure that all my makeup has been removed. I have read many times that leaving makeup on ones face overnight is unhealthy for the skin. Others may have a comment on this.

I do try to ensure that I am comfortable but cool at night as it makes for better quality sleep. I do understand some comments about the sensations being strong. There are nights when I awake and revel in the silky caress of my long Olga nightgowns.

tictac43
02-06-2017, 11:09 AM
I'm with you Natalie!! The feeling keeps me up at night!! But it's still enjoyable haha!

Nancie64
02-06-2017, 12:11 PM
According to my SO, I sleep like a baby when I am dressed, stay up's" bra, forms, panties, and slip. Sometimes a top or t shirt. Sometimes I might sneak into bed with a pair of heels on for a short period of time. Only maybe do this once a week or so. Aren't we glad we all like things a little different.

Sarah L
02-06-2017, 01:24 PM
I used to have the same problem.
One thing you might try is to try it the night after a restless night. Get a few hours sleep, or none at all. Get yourself good and tired. If you are tired enough, you're going to go to sleep no matter what.
Go to bed in your gown/lingerie on a consistent basis. If you sleep in women's sleep wear a few times and then go back to sleeping in guy mode, you'll probably have to start all over.
Once you get used to going to bed in a nightgown, it becomes almost second nature and sleeping in guy mode becomes difficult.

Hell on Heels
02-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Jamie, does that mean you wake every 2 hours crying
until someone puts a bottle (or boob) in your mouth?

ronda
02-06-2017, 02:14 PM
I have been sleeping dressed bra panties forms nighties or pjs for the last 6 or 7 years and sleep very well

RaeK
02-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Sleep every night in nightgowns or feminine PJs.

Dana44
02-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Actually Courvoisier backed coffee is nice. for bed time. I sleep like a baby in a nightie. I shower and take off my makeup. Then put on the nightie and go to bed.

Joni T
02-06-2017, 03:12 PM
I can't sleep in any thing other than skivvies or my birthday suit. I can't stand the confining feeling of having any thing on in bed.
John

St Lisa
02-06-2017, 03:22 PM
My favorite way to sleep lately is in a satin chemise that comes just above the knee. With our without panties. I'm looking to get something that goes at least to my calves. And I absolutely adore the spaghetti straps.

Funny because I think every GG I lived with has gone the full flannel fortress route or boxers and an oversized t-shirt.

JeanTG
02-06-2017, 04:14 PM
I'm DADT, panties OK, everything else in private. So I rarely get to sleep dressed except panties and a t-shirt. But when my wife is away and I have the bed to myself, out comes one of my nighties. A pink fleece one for the cold weather. I sleep like a log in it. I also get a sense of normality on those rare days. I get up in the morning, shower, do my face, put on my panties, forms, bras, pantyhose, dress, wig, go about my day, then undress, put on my nightie and go to sleep. It just feels so normal and right. It makes me feel very at peace, relaxed and normal. The lack of anxiety allows me to sleep better.

evadan
02-06-2017, 05:01 PM
I'm glad someone brought this up because I never sleep well when I wear lingerie to bed. I do fall asleep but then I don't seem to go into a deep sleep and keep waking up. Like Catherine, too much stimulation I suppose. It hasn't stopped me, though, when the opportunity arises to dress for bed!

biannne
02-06-2017, 06:08 PM
I had the same problem when I started "dressing" while I sleep. But after a while I got used to it. But then I live alone and I am able to do without any problem.

Tracii G
02-06-2017, 07:02 PM
You wear thigh high stockings to bed ??

Tina Bell
02-06-2017, 07:27 PM
I sleep well when fully dressed. I truly feel "at home". My wife doesn't mind except she sometimes doesnt like me wearing a wig.

alwayshave
02-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Jamie, does that mean you wake every 2 hours crying
until someone puts a bottle (or boob) in your mouth?

Funny. I'd hold out for the boob anyways.

StephanieM
02-06-2017, 08:10 PM
I sleep in nighties every night. The few times over the last decade when I couldn't I didn't sleep well.

lpjamey
02-06-2017, 09:02 PM
I sleep in my forms every night. we sleep in separate rooms because I flip-flop snore dream and yell. I sometimes sleep while dressed and I sleep well when I do

Robin777
02-06-2017, 10:15 PM
I sleep in a nightgown and panties. I tried sleeping with a bra and forms, I loved the feeling but I always woke up in the middle of the night too warm. So I just went back to just the nightgown.

rachel_rachel
02-06-2017, 11:34 PM
I haven't worn an article of men's clothing to bed for about 5-6 years now..
nighties, girly pjs or lingerie for me.

Georgette_USA
02-07-2017, 01:46 AM
Natalie

I don't think I could sleep with all that on either. Maybe once or twice when over drinking and just drifted off to sleep.
Really should clean your makeup off before bed anyway.

Diedre
02-07-2017, 08:36 AM
In the evenings, my wife and I change into lounge/bed time wear and have some cocktails. Mine consists of L'eggs Sheer Energy STW pantyhose and a nylon gown.

I sleep very well and consider myself extremely fortunate to have such a supportive spouse.

MissTee
02-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Back when I could not often dress I had the same issue. I wanted t be up when dressed, and laying down was every bit as sensual. Nowadays, with a supportive wife, I sleep in silk/cotton gowns and panties. Occasionally a bra and forms, too.

Mtempel
02-07-2017, 02:38 PM
It's exactly the same for me. Never get a good nights rest wearing my sexy satin nightie

Allison2006
02-07-2017, 06:45 PM
I know it takes me longer to fall asleep and I don't get as much sleep when I go to bed in lingerie, versus wearing guy clothes to bed. It's definitely distracting having the feel of a baby doll, panties and nylons on.

BLUE ORCHID
02-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Hi Natalie:hugs:, The best thing is waking up dressed...:daydreaming:...

natalie edwards
02-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Isn't it?! I have a mirrored headboard and I can just roll over and smile!

Beverley Sims
02-08-2017, 08:19 AM
I have no worries sleeping dressed, been doing it since I was twelve.

Judith96a
02-08-2017, 08:39 AM
I absolutely love satin nighties. On the rare occasions that I get to go to bed en femme I do find that it takes me a while to get to sleep - too much stimulation of the senses. If I happen to get multiple consequtive nights then that's only a 'first night problem' - sleep like a baby thereafter.

Krystyn, Jamie,
Nice one!

CrossKimmy
02-09-2017, 01:43 AM
I recently had this problem. I just kept trying to sleep through the feelings until it just felt natural and part of my bed time routine. And I love waking up more when I am en femme.

April T
02-10-2017, 09:29 AM
No issues sleeping for me since I sleep in my birthday suit.

samantha11
02-10-2017, 10:20 AM
I just purchased a pair of white support pantyhose, they fit great, they were so nice to sleep in them next to my wife.

HollyGreene
02-10-2017, 07:47 PM
I sleep just fine when dressed. I've worn a nightdress every night this week, along with bra and forms.
I just love waking up in the morning with breasts.

Jaycee
02-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Joni T,

As a 51 year-old, I say wear whatever provides you the best night of sleep! I normally wear boxers but when my wife's at work on weekdays and I'm catching up on sleep - I really enjoy wearing and falling asleep in silky pink panties and a satin chemise. Waking up and walking to the bathroom in this nighty wear always brings me a smile. :daydreaming: Jaycee

sometimes_miss
02-11-2017, 10:11 AM
I'm the opposite. It's easier to sleep when dressed in girl pj's.

briana_betancourt
02-16-2017, 12:13 AM
I totally agree with how exciting it feels to sleep dressed... it used to be SO hard for me. After trying it for a while, I swear that I sleep better in my satin nightgown and forms whenever I have the opportunity. It makes SUCH a difference! It's like 5 minutes and a TKO every time haha. I wake up feeling so pretty, and ready to tackle the new day... if I can get my butt out of bed after a night of feeling so great!

Tama
02-16-2017, 12:28 AM
Seems I'm nearly by myself here, as I like drifting off in a skirt and silk top..make a silk scarf as well...never tried "sleepwear". prob should after reading all of the above...a full or maxi skirt is quite warm here in the cold NE winters

CrossKimmy
02-16-2017, 01:23 AM
I totally agree with how exciting it feels to sleep dressed... it used to be SO hard for me. After trying it for a while, I swear that I sleep better in my satin nightgown and forms whenever I have the opportunity. It makes SUCH a difference! It's like 5 minutes and a TKO every time haha. I wake up feeling so pretty, and ready to tackle the new day... if I can get my butt out of bed after a night of feeling so great!

OMG, this is exactly what happened to me. I had to train myself and rewire my brain to say "ok, time for bed" when slipping into my silk Victorias Secret nightie and panties.

Carrols
02-16-2017, 09:23 AM
I usually wear panties under my PJs and at first I was nervous my wife would notice. This resulted in me being up all night. Lately, I've learned to relax and not worry about it. I've never been able to sleep with a bra on.

Erica1148
02-24-2017, 02:21 PM
I love wearing a cami and tap short to bed. Unfortunately, I can't wear that when sleeping with my SO, so most of the time, I wear panties under my boxers, and then take off my boxers when she goes to sleep. I did struggle to sleep dressed for awhile also, thanks to how much I love the feeling of satin on my skin!

Scarlett398
02-24-2017, 09:12 PM
Natile, you're hot and I know hot when I see it. Just go to the photo gallery and see Scarlett In Her Sexiest Short Skirts!.....Sincerely Scarlett

Fiona123
02-25-2017, 11:30 AM
I have had the same problem. This week though, Wednesday, I waited until I was good and tired, put on a black lace nighty (thanks Wal-Mart) and panties, cracked a window so I was cool, and slept fine.

sweetdreams
02-25-2017, 02:04 PM
There are nights when I awake and revel in the silky caress of my long Olga nightgowns.

Olga night gowns - YUM. Yards of slinky, silky material. It's like diving into a pool of nylon.

Night times are kind of special. No pressures to try and pass or dress up for anyone. It's just us being us alone with some of our favorite, intimate things.

I don't have a problem falling asleep. I just do it with a little smile inside me and wake up the same way. :battingeyelashes:

Maria Blackwood
02-25-2017, 04:16 PM
It's harder on work mornings.

World: Get up and go to work.
Maria: No.
World: Take off the perfectly body temp breastforms and silky lingerie.
Maria: Don't wanna.
World: Aaaaand now your procrastination has doomed you to twice the commute time.
Maria: You suck, world.
World: Three times the commute now.
Maria: (obscene gesture) (gets up)

lingerieLiz
02-26-2017, 12:06 AM
I don't wear a bra at night. Neither does my wife. But, I have boobs naturally so I wear night gowns or women's sleep shirts. I have several nightgowns that are form fitting and hug my breasts. Typicaly the straps stay in place better with my boobs and they are comfortable.

On occasion I wear satin sleep shirts. I wear my women's robes to get my newspaper. Run into neighbors getting theirs.

Jenny22
02-26-2017, 01:35 PM
Thanks to this post, for the first time in years, I bought and slept in a shorty, soft cotton nightie. It will take some getting use to time.

NancySue
02-26-2017, 04:38 PM
I have a routine that I follow most every night. I brush my teeth and gargle, wash my face, run my electric shaver over my body, followed by applying scented body lotion, except for my face, which I use a night time moisturizer. I slip on my Vanity Fair panties, followed by slipping on my Hanes Sheer Reflections thigh high stockings, then my push-up underwire bra, with my silicone breast forms. Lastly, I slip on my Vanity Fair night gown. Sometimes, I wear a full or half slip. Before I turn out the light, I read and enjoy the feelings and sweet aromas. Works every time. 😴

Morion
02-26-2017, 05:51 PM
I tried this for the first time last night (I am single, so no one else in the bed). Nothing fancy, just a pair of bikini briefs and a nightie. Originally I had a bra on too, but decided to remove it just before getting in.

I woke two or three times through the night (normal) and each time I felt sexy and effeminate (neither is normal!). I never felt horny, I just felt like I was sexy. I immediately rolled over and went back to sleep. I will definitely have to try it again!

sweetdreams
02-26-2017, 05:57 PM
I've noticed something of a pattern in this thread. Not a lot of cotton or flannel. :battingeyelashes:

Maria Blackwood
03-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Flannel? Darling, what am I? A Moorlock?

PaulaQ
03-01-2017, 02:53 AM
All these years later and I still can't sleep dressed! Whether it's one of those rare occasions when I can dress for hours and then change into my slinky little teddy or babydoll nightie ... Anyone else lay awake nights?

I read this to my husband. Heh, he says he is going to be laying awake now, thinking about you! The man likes femininity, what can I say?

Spiritfox
03-01-2017, 04:03 AM
On the rare occasion I'm not sharing my room (with my roommate, don't get the wrong idea) I enjoy putting on a pair on panties that say "dream on" on the waistband and a camisole. I fall right asleep. Super comfy

Vikky
03-01-2017, 05:09 AM
I am in a DADT situation and last year I started sleeping occasionally en femme in a separate bedroom to my SO wearing bra, form, slip, and long nightie. Then went abroad for several months and couldn’t do any crossdressing at all.

When we came home about a month ago after a couple of days settling back in, I said “Do you mind if I sleep as Vikky tonight?”

Her reply was “What took you so long?”

So I have, and have sleep every night en femme since. I sleep very soundly this way, and like Carla I find the warm, snuggly feeling in the morning is wonderful and it makes me feel very, very femme. I am very reluctant to get up.

Pantiesnhose
03-02-2017, 05:19 PM
I get to sleep in my panties and pantyhose every night. My wife says it does nothing for her but is OK with me wearing them if it makes me happy. I sleep like a charm especially when snugged up to my wife.

susancheerleader
03-02-2017, 06:42 PM
I guess it depends on what I am trying to wear to bed. If it is light and loose fitting then I can probably sleep with it on. But if it is tight or form fitting then it is hit or miss. In the past I could sleep with that. However recently I can't. I've tried and end up taking it off during the night.

stephenie3756
03-03-2017, 05:20 AM
It's harder on work mornings.

World: Get up and go to work.
Maria: No.
World: Take off the perfectly body temp breastforms and silky lingerie.
Maria: Don't wanna.
World: Aaaaand now your procrastination has doomed you to twice the commute time.
Maria: You suck, world.
World: Three times the commute now.
Maria: (obscene gesture) (gets up)

Very Funny. Have been through the same conversation.

natalie edwards
03-03-2017, 05:41 AM
I've actually used sick days so as to not have it end!

CD Tammy
03-03-2017, 09:15 AM
When I go to bed dressed, I also suffer from an arousal that will keep me up for a while. But I like it, so I do it as often as possible. Just like wearing pantyhose or tights under my suit when I go to work. It also keeps me aroused. I believe that is a big part of why I like to sleep dressed.

Brandybea
03-26-2017, 10:01 PM
My experience trying to sleep dressed is the same as Natalie's. I travel a great deal and often wear lingerie to bed. Most of the times I find myself struggling to fall asleep, or waking up several times when I do fall asleep. But, even with that struggle, it is such a wonderful thing to wake up in a little nightie and lingerie and know you were able to spend the whole night dressed!!!

biannne
03-26-2017, 10:30 PM
Yes it too me a while to get used to it.The excitement kept me awake but eventually I got used to going to bed in lingerie and breast forms.

JustineFallow
04-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Add me to those who find any femme clothing far too stimulating to sleep in.

Traci H
04-02-2017, 10:11 PM
I used to not be able to sleep in panties, and I really wanted to. I pushed off my crossdressing for many years as I believe the guilt was causing me issues. Now I think I have fully accepted who I am and my Cding has returned. I sleep in panties every night, no issues. Now if I put on a nightgown it seems to keep me too stimulated still. I think I would get used to it, but alas, my wife would most likely never get used to it.