PDA

View Full Version : Clothing Suggestions for Sunday Shopping

Joanna0909a
03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Hi Girls. I would love your thoughts on this. I am going shopping on Sunday afternoon and am torn between wearing a white and lavendar checked blouse and a calf length khaki skirt with heels or Ked OR the blouse with jeans and heels or Keds. I want to not stand out. I love heels but the way a lot of women look I could probably just put on jeans and a tee shirt and not worry. But what fun is that? What would you all suggest for my Sunday afternoon outing to look nice but not over doing it?
Thanks! Joanna

TracyDeluxe
03-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Just me, but I would do neither.

What I would suggest would be either a satin or chiffon evening gown, preferably "tea" length and vintage, either strapless or halter, with a full skirt and petticoats. A nice pair of satin pumps, dyed to match, of course. And then some simple diamond or diamonique jewelry, nothing over the top, tasteful.

christine55
03-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Sunday I can dress up a bit and not feel out of place. Everyone just thinks you've been to Church.
Hugs, Christine

GypsyKaren
03-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi Joanne

You know, I'd wear whatever you feel the most comfortable in. Don't worry so much about sticking out, you're free to dress as you please. Just bear in mind that shopping can become quite a task, so like I said, go with comfort.

Karen

linnea
03-03-2006, 07:50 PM
For me, it would be a dress. It would look like I had just been to church, but not too dressy. I'd wear low heels and everything else would be girly and sweet. I know that lots of girls wear jeans and a t-shirt to shop at malls, but lots of women wear dresses, especially on Sundays if they have gone to church. I don't really think that you need to feel that you will stand out unusually if you wear a dress even if others aren't.
Have a great time!

Jodi
03-03-2006, 08:59 PM
On a Sunday afternoon, you can dress up a little more. As has been said, people will think you have been to church or to a nice restaurant for Sunday lunch. Comfort was mentioned. I always consider that to be important when shopping. Anytime I shop enfemme, I always think about the ease or difficulty of slipping off the items to try on in the fitting room. Therefore, on going shopping, I always wear a blouse that butons in the front. I like my sweaters and t-necks, but they can be a bear on the hairdoo when pulled over the head. THey can also smear makeup. THink about ease of changing.

Jodi

Denise01
03-03-2006, 10:24 PM
For going shopping on Sunday Femme which I have done, comfort is what I consider the most important.
Another thing I find, is to dress as would most of the girls in the mall where you are going to be.
Where I live, this time of the year it is very cold, and you see about 99% of the girls wearing slacks or jeans. In the summer it is about 50 - 50 Skirts and slacks.
To go out on Sunday, this time of the year I will wear a nice pair of dress slacks, however in the warmer weather i will wear a casual skirt, so that I will fit in with the rest of the crowd.
As to Sweaters or blouses, which button on the front, depending on what i am looking for kind of determines what i will wear, as has been said pulling a sweater over a hair do can make a mess of it.
Most important, is to dress as to how you feel the most comfort, and please do enjoy

Denise

Joanna0909a
03-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi Girls,
Thanks for the advice. I felt the you "have been to chuch" theory worked for me so I went in the kahki skirt and pumps, but given the temps settled for a black turtle neck. Just know I had so much fun - I got a new pair of shoes, a new blue blazer, some nylons and a new mascara. Plus a quick trip to the grocery store! No problems with any of the clerks, just another woman spending money on clothes and food.
Thanks again!
Hugs,
Joanna