PDA

View Full Version : Did something crazy for me

jamiesnj
02-08-2017, 08:38 PM
So I am very in the closet but today I had the chance to sneak out a little. My friend has a house at the jersey shore which is about an hour or so away and he asked me to do some work for him. So I figured while I'm there I would take the opportunity to get outside dressed. This time of year most shore towns are deserted, so I complete the work he asked me to do cleaned up and the got fully dressed which included a dress,makeup and 4" inch heels. I then walked to the boardwalk and walked a little, I sat on a bench and enjoyed The view and lucky for me not a soul around. I know I was over dressed but I really enjoyed just being me and I really don't own any casual clothing lol. It was so nice just being me.

Tina955
02-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Jamie, that must have been exilarating. How were the temps at the shore?
I used to live in Cherry Hill, but now in Florida. I can remember how deserted the shore was at this time of year. Wish I had thought about doing what you did when I was living up there.

Tina

jamiesnj
02-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Tina
The temps were awesome 63 degrees in brigantine where I was but they are calling for 8 inches of snow tomorrow lol. But it was awesome just being out in the world

Tamsin Secret
02-09-2017, 01:20 AM
Jamiesnj,
lucky you! Glad you enjoyed the experience so much.

Now all you have to do is manage the want/desire to do it again.... Once you pop you just can't stop!

MissS x

bridget thronton
02-09-2017, 01:26 AM
Sounds !ike a great day

Lacey New
02-09-2017, 06:19 AM
Very gutsy on your part - I'll bet it was quite exciting. Glad you enjoyed it.

Vintage4sarah
02-09-2017, 06:25 AM
For many of us those are "golden moments" that we can remember for years.

mykell
02-09-2017, 07:56 AM
crazy is as crazy does, glad you got a chance to be so bold, if you ever get the urge to be "crazy" again come on up to asbury and we will brew up a cup of joe for you...

S. Lisa Smith
02-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Glad you got a chance to go out!!

Allisa
02-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Glad you got out for just a little bit. And if you want to go up shore to meet Mikell let her know and maybe I'll be there to welcome you if I know in advance, it really is a comfortable atmosphere and not that far away.

Helen_Highwater
02-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Jamie,

You'll remember those moments for a very long time. "I sat on a bench and enjoyed the view" and my guess is at that moment you felt a strange calmness. All seemed right with the world. Time for some more toned down wardrobe items and hit the boards again perhaps?

Pat
02-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Very cool. Consider getting some casual clothes so you can go out more. If it made you feel good the once, it will probably continue to make you feel good. ;)

jamiesnj
02-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Helen
You so right I've never felt so calm. I have looking at more casual clothing but it so hard to shop on line

BLUE ORCHID
02-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Hi Jamie:hugs:, That sounds wonderful, It will not be long till you will be going to the mall dressed...:daydreaming:...

Jaycee
02-14-2017, 03:45 PM
Jamie, good for you. I hope someday that I can reach that point and confidence with a close friend that supports my CD. This site alone has been a great source of comfort. Stay strong and if you're ready, do it again! Jaycee

samantha11
02-14-2017, 11:26 PM
Jamie you rock!

Lana Mae
02-15-2017, 06:20 AM
Jamie, congrats on getting out! I know that calm you felt! Casual clothes on the internet really is no problem! Use the size chart for each store and you should be fine. I shop online 95% of the time! Now get out there and enjoy!!! Hugs Lana Mae PM me if you need help with online shopping.

donnalee
02-15-2017, 08:53 AM
There is something about an empty ocean beach that gives such a feeling of peace and contentment; one of my favorite places to be.

LeannS
02-15-2017, 05:32 PM
For me it is fairly easy to walk in a store (Ross, Jc penny,Herberger) and go through the clearance racks looking for something. Don't worry about others you will do alright.

LeAnn