PDA

View Full Version : Dress up party.

Brooke H
02-11-2017, 06:49 PM
I am attending a dress up party and i am going as anna from frozen. No one knows about my crossdressing so when i dress up should i go all out with makeup and stuff too? Or is this a bit of a give away?

StephanieM
02-11-2017, 06:58 PM
May as well go all the way. I would.

Anne K
02-11-2017, 07:07 PM
Absolutely!

Amy Lynn3
02-11-2017, 07:10 PM
If I were going I would be the best looking woman I could. You will get comments either way you dress, so might as well get good compliments.:2c:

sharonsdream
02-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Definitely do the whole thing. Ana was gorgeous. Go for it and let the chips fall where they may. And have fun.

Lana Mae
02-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Go for a perfect Anna! Do not do it 1/2 way! Good luck!! Hugs Lana Mae

Allisa
02-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Never herd of a dress up party, but if it was me I'd go all out from head to toe. It's not worth doing if you don't do it right.

BLUE ORCHID
02-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Hi Brooke:hugs:, It is ALL or NOTHING...:daydreaming:...

sweetdreams
02-11-2017, 08:33 PM
In for a nickel, in for a dime. Fill your boots. See if you can fool them well enough that they don't recognize it's you.

DIANEF
02-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Go for it!! There was a thread recently about going out dressed at Halloween, and if you were 'too good' as a girl it pretty much outed you. I suppose it depends if you care or not. I would, given the opportunity.

Elizabeth G
02-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Absolutely go for it! Either way you can play it as a "joke" if you need to, so why not enjoy yourself and play it to the max?

Hell on Heels
02-12-2017, 01:40 AM
Hell-o Brooke,
Don't you dare disrespect Princess Anna!

There are many cosplay makeup tutorials on youtube.

I'm not sure who'll be at this party that you may be concerned about, but
if someone should ask how you learned how to be soooo fabulously dressed....
Just refer them to youtube!

Go for it, and have a blast!
Much Love,
Kristyn

bridget thronton
02-12-2017, 02:34 AM
Enjoy the party

Brooke H
02-12-2017, 02:50 AM
Well it seems everyone is of the view i go for it. Any suggestions to making it great. I already have the anna dress and cape.

Lacey New
02-12-2017, 06:17 AM
If it is supposed to be a dress up party, then dress up! What a wonderful opportunity - have fun.

Jaylyn
02-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Hey if I was going to dress the part in a play or movie why wouldn't you look the whole part? Go for it and have fun. I can't see why it would be a give away because it is called a dress up party. Just tell every one you don't ever do anything half way.

BettyMorgan
02-12-2017, 10:17 AM
In my opinion, there isn't much worse on Halloween (or a "dress up party") than a male going drag but making it very evident that he's got hairy legs & pits, facial stubble (or worse) and no makeup other than maybe poorly applied lipstick. Again, in my opinion, it shows disrespect to the female population. I know, I know, it's a cartoon character we're talking about here, but still.

Go the full nine yards and own it. Yes people may wonder, but who cares. If you need an excuse, then say you've always wanted to try out cosplay but they were all out of Batman.s

CONSUELO
02-12-2017, 10:20 AM
You should absolutely go the entire hog and make yourself look just like the character. Otherwise it will just be a pathetic parody of the character. Going all out will ensure that you are the center of attention. Let them think what they will but don't tell them.

daphne g
02-12-2017, 10:53 AM
if you are going to do it ,do it well, and go for the compliments
ill bet a lot of ladies will compliment you if you do it proper
i do get complimented a lot altho i wouldn't say that i pass

Judy-Somthing
02-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Years ago when I went to a Halloween Party with my wife I told her I was going as a bride.

My wife at the time new I use to dress up with friends prior to us getting married but didn't know I was still doing it.

As I was doing my makeup she didn't like the idea that I was trying to look like a woman. She said I was suppose to look like a guy in a dress with sloppy makeup.

I could see she was getting angry as she said "you could never look good as a woman".

Well it was a large party and I remember it was the time of my life, I'd say go for it.

FrankieB
02-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Just a shame that you are not in Germany, especially Cologne.
It is Karneval, or Fasching as it is known elsewhere, and dressing up for events and parties is encouraged. Men dress up badly as women, but no one would say much if it was spot on.
We are going to one event. I am going as Elsa from Frozen. My wife is all for this and put everything together for me. She is also refusing to do trashy and poor makeup for me. She wants it to look right. But a poor wig is going to be worn and no heels, so that the CDing isn't that obvious.
Enjoy!

docrobbysherry
02-12-2017, 01:43 PM
There is a way to do both, Brooke. Physically be the woman u want to be dressed as Anna. Then, skip the makeup and wear a mask!

When u remove the mask and have no makeup on? I doubt anyone will guess your "secret"! I have done this often.

Cheers,
Your sister, Elsa

Hell on Heels
02-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Hell-o Brooke,
Remember Anna is a cartoon. Cartoon characters have that flawless skin look,
But more important I think is the BiIG eyes!
This tutorial is pretty good at explaining how to get the effect you're looking for.
moTG2qmJ1aM
Good luck, and have fun with it!
Much Love,
Kristyn

KristinaK
02-12-2017, 03:42 PM
I say do it! Go all out and have fun with it! :-)

AllieBellema
02-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Go all the way! I did for Halloween and had fun with it!

joandher
02-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Hi if you go on to ebay there are lots of adult costumes of anna from frozen and all the other people

Jenn A116
02-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Remember Anna is a cartoon.

I believe you mean an animated character. :) (yes, I'm a big Disney fan)

Connie.Marie
02-12-2017, 09:24 PM
So Brooke, several things,
Where & when is this dress up party?
How do we get invited?

I'd say go all out, but no heels.
Everything else can be explained away or will grow back, but if they see that you walk well in heels, they will know it's not your 1st time.

My best "dress-up" costume party I went as a belly dancer! Wore my wife's outfit, sequined molded bra with bells, long sheer blue skirt, a belt of coins & coin bracelet, had to wear my blue (boy) swimming suit because her bikini was NOT going to cover. But I went with a long brown wig & great make-up including bright red lipstick. I was young, it was after college but I had no chest hair yet. I won 1st place that night. Won a Tee Shirt that said "Sex is like snow. You never know how much you're going to get or how long it's going to last". Had my rear end pinched several times that night. The craziest part was that it was a "work" party with all my Army buddies & their wives at the time. NO repercussions! I was amazed. PS I was barefooted.

Could be a memorable evening for you Brooke...

Hugs, Connie Marie

Hell on Heels
02-13-2017, 12:03 AM
Hell-o Jenn,
Of course I did! (Insert eyeroll here)

Beverley Sims
02-13-2017, 12:26 AM
No argument at all in these threads, take time, get advice and assistance, and, DO IT PROPERLY........

You will not regret it.

Brooke H
02-13-2017, 05:42 AM
Thanks for all tge encouragement. Just to clarify when i say dress up party, it is a costume party so i will no doubt be the only guy dressed as a girl. Should be fun but i will be incredibly nervous. The party is still a couple of months away. I have an anna dress and wig. I am still debating the boots and ill probably leave the wether i wear make up or not to my wife.

Gerrijerry
02-13-2017, 10:01 AM
there should be no reason not to dress fully. If you don't you will miss part of the fun. Besides no one will really care either way, except you.

mandi77
02-13-2017, 12:39 PM
GO all the way heels included. The first time I dressed up for a Halloween party I wore a black mini dress, had on fish net thigh highs with stiletto ankle booties. I told my wife that I wanted to do it right and we actually went and bought the booties. I brought them home and started to learn to walk in them right away, also to break them in, they were a little tight. The rest of the outfit was provided by my wife including bra. However I did not wear panties, they were short spandex shorts similar to panty briefs. Shaved all my hair (legs under arms chest) had my wife do my make up, which is where I learned how to put it on make up without looking like a clown. The whole nine yards. Had a great time, on top of it all I was at a party full of strangers, I only knew 5 people there. Funny thing is my mom met my step dad there that night, which later on most of those strangers became family. I also won best costume that night.

Hell on Heels
02-13-2017, 06:01 PM
Hell-l Brooke,
Will you're wife be attending the party with you?
If so, it may make it easier for her to say yes to you wearing
makeup if you show interest in her costume as well as yours.

If she is going, does she have a costume picked out yet?
If not, how about getting her to dress as one of the other ANIMATED
characters from frozen.
Much Love,
Kristyn

FrankieB
02-14-2017, 01:20 PM
Definitely go for it. And has been already mentioned, no one has said anything negative about it, as it is a real opportunity, where most likely nothing will be made of it.
Last year, I think, the wife was invited to a party in a bar (again for carnival). She wanted me to come along, but had no outfit. Another lady offered me her french maid outfit, and normally she isn't into CDing. Unfortunately, we didn't go in the end. Missed opportunity to get away with it.
But now I have my own. However, Elsa it is this year, especially as I am expected to dance and the maid's outfit is a little too revealing for that.

Michelle2016
02-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Go for it and don't care what anyone else thinks!!☺️☺️ I do it for stage shows all the time, a bit too convincing but everyone compliments instead of judging! ☺️☺️