PDA

View Full Version : Do You Shave Your Legs?

Rileyaz
02-11-2017, 07:48 PM
I work out at a small gym. There were only 4 people there when I finished. The female trainer came up to me and said "Do you shave your legs?"
I looked at her and said "No, hair doesn't grow on them anymore. It also doesn't grow under my arms." That is the truth since I have had laser air removal. I didn't feel it was necessary to tell her that. Nothing more was said but I found it quite odd. This is only the second time someone has mentioned anything about my legs.

Oh well.

Riley

Robyn-aus
02-11-2017, 07:54 PM
I shave my legs ,arm pits etc Do get asked a few times but just don't care anymore

Robin777
02-11-2017, 08:01 PM
I have shaved my legs and underarms for years now. I occasionally shave my arms as I did today. I had to go 2 weeks without shaving my legs because of flare up of my eczema on my legs and it drove me crazy until it healed up enough that I could shave again today. I will never quit shaving my legs. I don't care what people think.

Tracii G
02-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Hair doesn't grow on my legs much anymore maybe a stray one here and there.

suzanne
02-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Nobody ever asks about it, but I have never shaved my legs. I get them professionally waxed every six weeks and I love it. After the very first time, I vowed never to have hairy legs again. I'm completely in love with the feeling of freedom I get taking a springtime walk in a chiffon skirt and heels.

sweetdreams
02-11-2017, 08:21 PM
What timing. Shaved them for the very first time today. Talked to the wife about this on Thursday. Got the green light. We'll take these puppies for a spin and see what they are like.

BLUE ORCHID
02-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Hi Riley :hugs:, After over 45years of using an Epilator the hair said You Win and just stopped growing on my legs...:daydreaming:...

DIANEF
02-11-2017, 08:39 PM
I am fortunate in being relatively hairless, just a bit underarm and in the usual places. I can do my legs once a month and not much ever grows back.

ronda
02-11-2017, 08:47 PM
I don't have hair on my leg so no I don't shave them and no I did not have any kind of hair removal done just never had hair on my legs

TrishaTX
02-11-2017, 09:00 PM
I trim these days! Still worried what others think:(

Mickitv
02-11-2017, 09:08 PM
I do shave and waxed my body. I have not been asked about it and since I live in Florida I wear shorts most days. Never had anyone ask.

Lauri K
02-11-2017, 09:09 PM
No shaving legs here, laser took care of that.

I just think my legs are sexy and people admire them so such, so therefore I have had no comments from the muggles.

XemmaX
02-11-2017, 09:13 PM
rarely as i dont have very hair legs at all. plus i never go bare legs.

Judy-Somthing
02-11-2017, 09:25 PM
As a teen I shaved my legs quite often.

In school I thought the guys in gym would noticed and make fun of me so I skipped gym most of the time.
Talking showers in front of 20 other guys would be bad with shaved legs.
I ended up failing gym a few years.

I don't shave any more, just wear nude colored tights with pantyhose over them which also hold the hip pads.

Amanda_Nicole
02-11-2017, 09:27 PM
I have shaved my legs and underarms for years. Waxed in the past but I don't feel that it is necessary. Nobody has ever asked me about it or commented anything.

Alisonforme
02-11-2017, 10:08 PM
I've been shaving them since October and will continue through the winter for sure! For the most part only my SO and gym-folk have seen them. I think I'd be surprised if a stranger asked me about them. It took my SO a couple of weeks to even realize it. I've also been keeping my toe nails painted.

Linda E. Woodworth
02-11-2017, 10:13 PM
After many years I've finally gone hairless.

I got a full body wax and then epilate several times a week. That keeps me hair free and I love it!

So far nobody has noticed but I really don't care one way or the other about what they may think.

emilyanne
02-11-2017, 10:33 PM
I have bee shaving my legs , underarms and arms for about 20 years now and never got a comment. I really dont care what peaple think of me shaving my body .I like the look and feel

lingerieLiz
02-11-2017, 10:45 PM
Used to shave my legs. I do it once in a while now. Just don't have the hair on them anymore.

S. Lisa Smith
02-11-2017, 11:07 PM
Nope, I use Nair!!

susancheerleader
02-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Yes I shave them! Have for a few years. :)

windycissy
02-11-2017, 11:10 PM
I can't believe in this day and age that the trainer would even ask you that question! Where has she been? Male actors, athletes and other role models have been sporting the no-body-hair look for decades now...

Cassiek
02-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Only thing I don't shave are my arms and back. Laser took care of back. Shave on regular basis. Nothing feels better than silky smooth skin in silky hose or stockings.

Stephanie_V
02-12-2017, 01:11 AM
I do shave my legs, arm pits and chest. Only do it in the winter though. Would be too many questions during short season. When I was married I did it once and the wife (ex wife now) didnt like it too much and asked me not to do it again. Now that ive been single for a while I dont have to worry abput that part of it anymore :)

mandi77
02-12-2017, 02:37 AM
I shave once in a while but I usually use Nair on my legs and arms. I have very thin hair so Nair works like a charm. The only place my hair is thick is on my knee caps. I just recently shaved my underarms and it felt wonderful same thing though very little hair under there. As far as chest hair I have a small patch and I am not allowed to shave this part, (SO's request). The feeling of shaved legs is amazing.

Vickie_CDTV
02-12-2017, 04:34 AM
Maybe it is me, but isn't that being a bit forward to ask a complete stranger such a question?? I would never ask a GG I just met if she shaved any of her body parts!

Stacy Darling
02-12-2017, 08:24 AM
I've had the monthly full body wax for years. But I was a swimmer and in the pool five days a week, so sort of got away with it. My advice would be to shave where your shorts should be, it can really intensify the feeling when wearing your intimate clothing!

Rileyaz
02-12-2017, 08:35 AM
I can't believe in this day and age that the trainer would even ask you that question! Where has she been? Male actors, athletes and other role models have been sporting the no-body-hair look for decades now...
I know, right? I was really surprised that she asked. I will find out next week if she brings it up again.

delabole
02-12-2017, 09:38 AM
If you do shave your legs, do you usually need to moisturise a lot to avoid rashes and itching? I found that with my chest and pubic area, wondering whether to carry on and do my legs.

phili
02-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Does waxing result in thinner hair or ??Looking at my wife's chin between waxings does not make me want to wax- shaving is easy and fast, and painless, and --

I notice in the gym lots of men have little or no noticeable hair on legs and other places. It is rare for pubic shaving, and I don't fancy that, but I don't think shaved legs really stand out unless you have seen and thought about someone's hairy legs and look forward to seeing them. It is the short shorts or skirt that draws attention to them!

My mom used to use Nair- does it have any weird side effects?

Cheryl T
02-12-2017, 10:04 AM
I shave or epilate everything nose to toes. I've been this way for the last 10+ years and in all that time only 2 people have made any comments.
It's become so second nature that I don't even think about it anymore. I can't see myself ever going back to being hairy again. I just love being smooth and soft all over.

CONSUELO
02-12-2017, 10:24 AM
I am surprised that a person would ask such a personal question of you.
I go to the gym regularly and my trainer would never ask such a thing of me.

I have a total body wax periodically and in between I regularly epilate. I could never face going back to the hairy days.

Vickie_CDTV
02-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Does waxing result in thinner hair or ??Looking at my wife's chin between waxings does not make me want to wax- shaving is easy and fast, and painless, and --
My mom used to use Nair- does it have any weird side effects?

Your wife is actually making her chin hair worse by repeatedly tearing it out.

For some people Nair works ok, some people's skin react badly to Nair, for some (like me) it won't bother my skin but it also won't remove the hair because it is too thick and robust.

Majella St Gerard
02-12-2017, 10:28 AM
I shave everything except my eyebrows, never been asked about it.

Rileyaz
02-12-2017, 01:10 PM
I am surprised that a person would ask such a personal question of you.
I go to the gym regularly and my trainer would never ask such a thing of me.

I have a total body wax periodically and in between I regularly epilate. I could never face going back to the hairy days.

I agree. I don't know what she was thinking, but whatever. If she mentions it again I may just ask her "Why do you ask?"

Jenn A116
02-12-2017, 01:19 PM
I've been shaving my legs for a couple of years now. Yes, moisturizing is important to prevent (or minimize) bumps/rashes. I live in shorts country (central FL) and never had anybody comment about my shaved legs.

Fiona123
02-12-2017, 01:49 PM
I have been shaving legs & underarms about every 2-3 days for about a year. I go to a gym daily in the morning during the week. I was terrified at first but no one has said a word. I love the feel of smoothness.

April T
02-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Neat on my arms, legs, underarms and chests works in minutes and relatively inexpensive when compared to waxing.

KristinaK
02-12-2017, 01:50 PM
I plan to about once a year when I go out of the house... but I don't regularly. My wife isn't that comfortable with me being hairless on my chest and legs... I don't have to shave my arms since they are finer than most GG...

Jessica May
02-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Whenever I can, Love the feeling of how smooth it is in combination with my clothes. Wife wasn't thrilled at first but now doesn't mind it as long as i'm not prickly.

StephanieM
02-12-2017, 02:00 PM
I've had the reverse happen. A woman that worked with me a couple of years ago looked at my legs, which were quite hairy, and asked me if I had ever shaved them. At that point I never had, so I said I hadn't shaved them in 40 years, I was 40 at the time. :D

sometimes_miss
02-12-2017, 02:01 PM
I shave my legs, excuse is that it's easier to pull on the support stockings I need for my varicose veins without ripping the hair out of my legs. Underarms also, reason is that the hair is more likely to hold the scent when I perspire. I usually keep my beard shaved off, but sometimes during winter months might let it grow back for a week or so.

StephanieM
02-12-2017, 02:06 PM
This is a serious question, has anyone ever noticed that your underarms are shaved?

ambigendrous
02-12-2017, 03:50 PM
I've been shaving my legs, belly, chest, and underarms for probably 20 years now. I used to play ice hockey in a recreational adult league and none of my teammates ever made a comment - and believe me, if they thought it was "unusual" I would have heard about it! I used to use Venus razors, and a shave gel called Raspberry Rain, but that was discontinued long ago. I've used Veet, and find it better than Nair, but it's expensive. Now I just use disposable razors, and generic shave cream, or hair conditioner. I've also got an epilator which I use infrequently, and a women's electric razor which gets used in between razor days as needed.

Sharon B.
02-12-2017, 04:03 PM
I also use Nair but I have not been a hairy person when it came to my legs just chest and stomach and lately on my back.

Crissy Kay
02-12-2017, 04:38 PM
I do trim my legs every so often, as I prefer nude PH. Plus my legs do look better shaved in Crissy mode.

AllieBellema
02-12-2017, 04:41 PM
I wear a pair of dance leggings that actually cover up the hair on my legs pretty well! Although I supposed I should take the time to actually shave them sometime.

Joanne Curl
02-12-2017, 07:01 PM
I shaved my legs and chest and under arms. I naired my arms and back. I was totally fur free but my wife hated it so I stopped. I loved being fur free but I loved my wife more. I still miss it but its worth it to make my wife happy.

Dana44
02-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I don't have a lot of hair on my legs. But I shave whats is there. If I don't it still looks pretty shaved. So I need to do it about once a week.

Devi SM
02-12-2017, 08:06 PM
It's funny Riley because I've been reading and everybody answer with and explanation about the shaving or waxing or whatever method they use to avoid or not the hair on legs but I think that you were just telling the story about the person in the gym asking you about it, so should I respond the question in you thread title?
Or answer the other question if someone ever asked me that question? Lol

windshear
02-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Every so often I treat myself with some nair. Permanent hair removal while ideal, seems to be too expensive (unless things have changed recently?)

Karyn Marie
02-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Yes, I shave all over; legs, stomach, underarms, and my pubic hair too. I have also bought an epilator that I love and use a lot. It can be a bit painful, but it is worth it to have pretty and smooth legs. I also have my eyebrows waxed every three or four weeks. I love the feeling of having no hair, and don't plan to quit.
:cute:

Rachael Leigh
02-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Yes, pretty much shave everything I hate body hair. Wear shorts in summer in guy mode as well, not a big deal it just is what it is

Rileyaz
02-12-2017, 11:53 PM
It's funny Riley because I've been reading and everybody answer with and explanation about the shaving or waxing or whatever method they use to avoid or not the hair on legs but I think that you were just telling the story about the person in the gym asking you about it, so should I respond the question in you thread title?
Or answer the other question if someone ever asked me that question? Lol
You are correct. It's not whether or not your shave, it's that a (female) trainer asked me if I shave my legs. I still don't get it.

Beverley Sims
02-13-2017, 12:33 AM
I haven't shaved my legs for many years, like most other girls I have more worries about my facial appearance.

Tamsin Secret
02-13-2017, 01:22 AM
Perhaps she just liked your legs :)

I shave on and off but a little while back when I did it my so commented that it was weird that I had nicer legs than her bless her!

My point is that she may have been merely wondering why such a nice set of pins were attached to a guy and not a girl and was curious as to how you achieved the result.

I wasn't there so couldn't tell but maybe she was embarrassed by asking the question maybe? You mention nothing more was said so perhaps this was the case.

Sissy_Michelle
02-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Rileyaz,

I shave some of my legs, bikini area, chest, and underarms. Or I should say I use Nair and a razor for touch up. Because Nair (for men) is kind of harsh I remove from the waist up every two weeks and from the waist down every three.

So at the gym no one has said anything about my hair removal or even given me weird looks, which I thought they would when I started removing chest and underarm hair. I guess they either never noticed or didn't want to know. I am sure I could remove the rest of my leg hair but I am sure someone would notice ...

@--}----
Michelle

Gabriella111
02-13-2017, 11:08 AM
My bf naturally doesn't grow a lot of body hair. He, as someone else said, shaves everything from nose to toes. He does crossfit in women's workout shorts or pants (depending on the weather) and men's crossfit competition tees. I'm sure people notice he has no hair. Not sure how often people ask.

I know the day I met him, my best friend was with me and he (my best friend) asked if he shaved his arms.

Ressie
02-13-2017, 11:16 AM
You are correct. It's not whether or not your shave, it's that a (female) trainer asked me if I shave my legs. I still don't get it.

I guess you could have asked her, "why do you ask"? Last summer my neighbor asked why there was no hair on my legs.

Richelle423
02-13-2017, 12:27 PM
I generally shave every 2-3 days for the past 4-5 years. Nothing beats a smooth body and no one has ever said a thing.

Mark B
02-13-2017, 12:36 PM
3-4 times a week for the last 30 something years. Was in a former life a semi-pro bike rider. Although in the last few years the hair growth has seemed to slow down. Now about 1-2 times per week.

Joyce Swindell
02-13-2017, 12:59 PM
I really enjoy my shaved legs. The hose feel so much nicer with them shaved. I don't recall anyone ever making any comments except for an occasional family member and my answer is always a bit of a lie that I don't shave them. But then I also add some truth with the sugar diabetes card, and truthfully, due to the diabetes the hair on my legs has almost stopped growing below my knees.

JeanTG
02-13-2017, 03:38 PM
I also shave and have started using an epilator. I'm an avid cyclist, and most hard-core cyclists shave their legs, so that's my "cover".

lemon_meringue_tie
02-13-2017, 07:33 PM
I try to as often as I can, but I hate it because it takes so long with a razor if I want to do a really good job of it. 30 minutes minimum. I want to try using an epilator.

curvious
02-13-2017, 08:12 PM
I shave mine - have for years. Everything except my head and a small landing strip. I get some looks at the gym sometimes. When I wear my 5 inch running shorts in warm weather, but I just power through it. I know a lot of women check out my legs - even before I shaved them - My wife thinks it is my best part.... But I bike a lot an awful lot, so when I have my yummy spandex on, it's De Riguer...And no one thinks anything of it.
I usually wear tights or track pants to the gym in the winter, but I have seen a few guys check out my legs at the showers. No Biggie. They are probably just wondering. I have figured out a way to put my dress shirt on and then quickly slip my thong on and then slp on my trousers - that was tricky at first - but then you realize no one is looking when you are getting dressed in the gym, as long as you avoid positions where there are mirrors or multiple mirrors.

JeanTG
02-13-2017, 08:59 PM
curvious: spandex and shaved legs... the gateway drug! :D

kymmieLorain
02-13-2017, 10:54 PM
I have shaved my legs for over 15 years. Never had anyone question it.

Kymmie

CrossKimmy
02-14-2017, 01:23 AM
I normally shave my body when I'm about to dress. Being a hairless man is now in.

Devi SM
02-14-2017, 01:59 AM
I used to shave daily, yes, 30 minutes, at least, one day no shave and it was very umcomfortable.
now I shaving just small areas of the calves and back of the tights, belly, after using almost daily a silk'n bellaglide that is high light pulse, real works.
Now Soft skin, no black dots of hair neither the usual "pours" where the hair grows.
Now just maintenance the no growing with hpl every two weeks.
No more shaving, no wax, just enjoy...

Hell on Heels
02-14-2017, 03:25 AM
Hell-o Riley,
I'm I reading this right? She just walked up to you and asked
if you shaved your legs? No other discussion? Just straight out,
Do you shave your legs?
Odd doesn't quite say enough.

Oh! And BTW... I shave mine when I have the time!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Rileyaz
02-14-2017, 09:02 AM
Hell-o Riley,
I'm I reading this right? She just walked up to you and asked
if you shaved your legs? No other discussion? Just straight out,
Do you shave your legs?
Odd doesn't quite say enough.

Oh! And BTW... I shave mine when I have the time!
Much Love,
Kristyn

I had just finished working out and was at the counter ready to leave. There was her, my trainer and me. My trainer and I were discussing the gains I had made and she came right out and said "do you shave your legs?".
No prior discussions about anything.

deebra
02-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Rileyaz,

After you answered her would a nice come back question have been; Do you shave your pubic area? Tit for tat, if she was forward enough to ask you about shaving your legs wouldn't the response I gave be equal and fair?

Amy07
02-14-2017, 09:33 AM
I bought Nair for Men...
Plan to use it this weekend. All over...

Vicky Peters
02-14-2017, 10:03 AM
I generally shave the first of November from below the head down. It is the maintenance that I get sloppy with and before you know it, I have hair all over again. I did not pay attention to this till last week when I was taken a picture of myself. What a beast. So back to shaving and take my pictures that same day. Lazy.

Linda E. Woodworth
02-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Amy,

Follow the directions on the NAIR when you use it this weekend.
Some folks find it harsh on their skin.

Also, if you have thick dark hair like me, it won't do much for you.

I started with shaving and the occasional waxing.

Now I epilate and stay hair free and love it.

Good Luck!

Toronto Kristen
02-14-2017, 11:19 AM
Over the past 3 years or so, I have fully shaved my legs, and occasionally had them waxed. I never got any comments when I played squash or was in the gym. That being said, I do not know if people noticed and commented behind my back. Essentially, I did not care then.

I have not shaved much this year for various reasons, and I am missing the feeling of smooth, hair-free skin. Before the summer, I want to have a full-body wax.

Alice B
02-14-2017, 02:16 PM
i shave my whole body and haved done so for years, or get waxed. Think nothing about it and have never been asked

JeanTG
02-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Epilator gals, epilator! I'm slowly getting used to mine. I was due for either a shave or epilation so this morning I attacked the legs with the epilator and I am getting better at it! How wonderful to have nice smooth legs! Best ninety-nine bucks I've spent in a long time! I didn't find it difficult to tolerate at all. Slight stinging, especially on the fleshier parts of the legs, but nothing horrible. The only downside is that it can be quite time consuming but I expect that with the longer lasting results it will be a wash in the end.

Lorileah
02-14-2017, 02:50 PM
This has gotten away from the OP. It isn't IF you shave, it's talking about having someone ask you if you shave

Rileyaz
02-14-2017, 08:08 PM
This has gotten away from the OP. It isn't IF you shave, it's talking about having someone ask you if you shave

You are correct. Maybe it's just me, but it's one thing for someone I know to ask if they see me. It's another for someone I really don't know to ask. It seems kind of intrusive.

Leslie Mary S
02-14-2017, 08:16 PM
I am another who was blessed with minimal body hair. None on the legs faint light traces on chest and arms none under arm and limited amounts on top of the head.

Kriss Smyth
02-14-2017, 08:54 PM
I shave my legs every few days. I absolutely love the feeling of freshly shaven/ lotioned legs! I keep the rest of my body hair cut back super sort but rarely shave my arms.
I have been blessed with blonde hair all over and very fine hair as well so it's not that visible to begin with!
I have had a few guys at work ask me if I shave my arms. I'm honest about it an explain that it is much cooler and easier to clean up after work.
I would never have the guts to tell them that I shave everything els and I'm wearing pantyhose and a thong when the asked though!!!

Lorileah
02-14-2017, 11:42 PM
this has gone far from the OP. It would now be a Clothing Beauty and Shopping. So as far as MtF, it's done