PDA

View Full Version : SO looking for someone she can relate to

Alisonforme
02-19-2017, 05:47 PM
So one night we have a long discussion that leaves her feeling like she's afraid of where we are going. She's very afraid of an uncertain future with regards to my dressing, shaving, and enjoying feminine things. She wants her man. And I appreciate that, but here I am enjoying feminine things so much and she knows that it's a part of who I am. I am completely upfront with her and tell there are a few things coming in the mail and also a couple gatherings coming up that I want to attend, including the 2018 Keystone Conference (can't do 2017 because of a scheduling conflict).

The next day, we are enjoying the city and we go into a Ross store because she wants to buy some clothes for an upcoming trip. I end up picking out a couple of skirts for her, but she knew I had my eye on them for me, and we agree that we will share them.

So she accepts that I have to do this for me, but she's afraid the femininity may become stronger than she can stand. She wishes she could communicate with someone about this and she has been on this site before (I don't know her login name and she thinks she forgot it because it's been about 18 months since she created her account). She reached out then for help (on this site) but didn't hear from anyone or get any support.

Any suggestions of how she should reach out again?

Angie G
02-19-2017, 09:24 PM
First do you want it to go farther then it is now.If not let me know. And If I can help I will give it a try. I've bell dressing for more then 50 years. give me a PM Alison.:hugs:
Angie

Judy-Somthing
02-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Maybe try mens fashion!

Last year I enjoyed trying to look as fem as possible,
I thought that maybe I could focus on dressing better a man and actually enjoy it.
I tried seriously to look at mens fashions but quickly lost interest.
As a guy I comb my hair in the morning and that's it. My clothes has paint on them and pretty worn out!

AllieSF
02-19-2017, 09:42 PM
Have her contact one of the Admins or Mods and they can help her retrieve her old account.

Di
02-19-2017, 10:25 PM
Sending you a pm that you can give your S O to hopefully help.

Alisonforme
02-20-2017, 12:55 PM
I've been trying to dress a little snappier, Judy, but manfashion sucks. I have tried wearing manfashion in a feminine way, like shirt out and belt-cinched waist with tight pants and heels. I think it has potential!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Di

- - - Updated - - -

Angie, I'm happy with the current arrangement and think it will be fulfilling. We never know what the future holds.
I wouldn't want to be full-time CD, but I don't want to feel cooped up about it either.
As long as I get out a few times each year, it's something to really look forward to!

Joyce Swindell
02-20-2017, 02:05 PM
I would guess that the someone for her to relate to would be someone like a wife of a crossdresser rather than a different crossdresser. I'm not all that familiar with all that this website has to offer but I do think I seen a place to post for supporters to chat. My wife is very supportive and I will see if she would be interested in sharing.

Dana44
02-20-2017, 02:14 PM
My GF is on this site and she has a few posts but checks it and LOL looks at my comments but I show her many of the comments I post anyways. Have here get back on the site.

Jenny22
02-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Alison, please tell us more about you. Married? Kids? Age? How long with your lady? Etc. We need to know you and her better so advice can better fit the situation. Thanks!

Teresa
02-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Alison,
She could start with Loved Ones or ask to join the FAB section.
I'm surprised she was not contacted, chatting to GGs is great to get the other perspective.

mykell
02-20-2017, 03:14 PM
my monday night meetup has a couple from this board that attend, she is also looking to talk directly with someone and she has lost her sign in and reached out for help getting back in, she has a AOL account and i believe that is the problem, anyhow keep up on the meetup...they usually RSVP a few days before....

Alisonforme
02-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the support and great advice.
Thanks also Mikell, for the offer but I don't think my SO is ready for in-person connections yet. I will let her know that there is someone nearby who she may be able to talk with about things.