PDA

View Full Version : My Friday night nail appt (with pix)

DanaJ
10-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Here are a few pix from my nail appointment last night..... my nail tech picked the polish, as she usually does :)

Oops! I just noticed the hair on my toes, now where did that come from? :) Time for another wax I guess. The toes were overlaid with a "holographic" glitter polish, the glitter changes color depending on the viewing angle - really cool!

EDIT: I am doing some photo cleanup, if you want to see these pix, please contact me at curiousguy128@yahoo.com or by Yahoo Messenger (user name curiousguy128)

babe4life
10-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Dana, very nice colours indeed! Stunning!

Love,
Vicky

Wenda
10-23-2004, 09:25 AM
very nice! and think, you have this forum to thank for helping remind you to wax your toes! wenda

Julie
10-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Love the colour on your nails.

Julie J

Jenna1561
10-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Love the color; weekly appointment? - How nice.

genevieve_ohara
10-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Just a suggestion, but I bet you could shave those toes or Nair them and no one would notice....

Besides that, the nails on both your hands and feet look fab

G

Amelie
10-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Looks nice, your nail tech did a very nice job.
I can't do my nails, I bite my hand nails and some of my toe nails are busted and cracked in two. I think I might have been in the cold too long and they shattered and broke, now they are always like this.
Love Amelie

Jennifer Ivy
10-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Luv them Dana. And my wife just bought some of that holo polish. I can't wait to try it. Was going to do my toes tonight, but maybe I can sneak some on right now.

MistyCD
10-23-2004, 08:46 PM
very nice, what colors/brands did you use?

Prue0306
10-23-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm painting my nails red tonight.

Kisses Prue

DanaJ
10-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Hi everyone - let me try to answer everyone in one post :)

Love the color; weekly appointment? - How nice.Yep, I have a weekly with her, every Friday evening. When I first found this nail tech (who works out of her home - just perfect) I was just going to do the usual male manicures and stuff, and slowly work into "well, maybe we could try some color?" routine after a few weeks. But, I decided to be brave and I just told her I was a part-time CDer and could she just treat me like a normal female client? She had no problem with that, and actually loves my visits because she gets to play around with me. One funny thing is, the second week I went in, she out the gels on me so my nails could grow out. I didn't really realize that gels can't be removed very easily (you have to file it all off, won't soak off in acetone like acrylics). I had mentioned to her to not let me chicken out, so she always makes sure my nails are shaped and always polished too.

Just a suggestion, but I bet you could shave those toes or Nair them and no one would notice....
GI usually have my feet waxed and hair free, but I noticed right before I went in to my nail appt. I asked my nail tech about waxing my feet for me, but she doesn't do that, so I either do it myself or get someone else I know to do it for me. Next pix I promise - no hair! :)

I can't do my nails, I bite my hand nails and some of my toe nails are busted and cracked in two. I think I might have been in the cold too long and they shattered and broke, now they are always like this.
Love AmelieI have gels on my hands now, and they are just super great! Gels are not as thick as acrylics, and keep a wonderful shine even when plain. Plus, the strengthen your natural nails too. I used to be a nail biter, but once you see your own beautiful nails, you won't want to nibble anymore... you should get your toes repaired, and I would suggest a set of gels on your toes to keep them in one piece :)

very nice, what colors/brands did you use?Hmmmm.... good question. My nail tech usually uses China Glaze and Essie polishes, but these were those chrome polishes by Sally Hansen I think? I didn't get what actual colors she used though.

Here is another pic from a few weeks ago, she did a simple French on my hands.... the next week she got really wild, with two shades of red and a gold glitter stripe :)

EDIT: I am doing some photo cleanup, if you want to see these pix, please contact me at curiousguy128@yahoo.com or by Yahoo Messenger (user name curiousguy128)

DanaJ