PDA

View Full Version : Mascara

Shayna
02-27-2017, 01:17 AM
Anyone else ever get paranoid that they haven't completely taken off their mascara and their lashes look different enough that they'll be outed?

I learned long ago not to use the waterproof mascara, but I always feel like it never completely goes off.

gerri ray
02-27-2017, 01:20 AM
All the time lol.

Gen D
02-27-2017, 01:21 AM
My wife always says that my lashes looks thicker after I dress,
I guess she is right, but I think someone else will notice the difference only if he knows what to look for

Teresa
02-27-2017, 01:54 AM
Shayna,
I can give you a funny story about not removing it all.
I was doing some work in a weekend cottage, I'd taken most of my things and dressed every night sometimes going for a drive along the coast road. I had to get some things from a local builders merchant, when I went to the check out desk the young male SA kept staring into my eyes, it's a little disconcerting when a guy does that to you. When I arrived back at the cottage I looked in the mirror and found I had most of my mascara still on , I'd just used soap and water which hadn't shifted the waterproof one. For a while I only used the non-waterproof makes , now I don't worry too much, I can sometimes see traces of eyeliner the next day .

paulaprimo
02-27-2017, 02:03 AM
i have the same concerns with my eye liner and lipstick... :)

Shayna
02-27-2017, 02:40 AM
i have the same concerns with my eye liner and lipstick... :)

Yeah, eyeliner and lipstick too. Unfortunately mascara, eyeliner and lipstick are my 3 favorite things in my makeup bag.

sissy meg
02-27-2017, 06:51 AM
I had thought I removed it all and my wife told me my eyes look different

alwayshave
02-27-2017, 07:01 AM
My former secretary made a comment about my eyeliner remnant once. It happens.

JustJoni
02-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Once or twice my kids have mentioned that my eyes look different. Since I have been a chronic insomniac my entire life, I tend to blame my 'eyes look weird' as the circles are darker beneath my eyes.

Since the comments, I have started using a dedicated eye-makeup remover as part of my de-pretty routine.

Ressie
02-27-2017, 07:55 AM
I don't use mascara very often and I did make the mistake of buying the waterproof kind last year. It happened to me with lipstick just a couple of weeks ago. Instead of going thru my regular makeup removal routine, I just washed my face when taking a shower. The next mistake I made was going grocery shopping without checking my look in the mirror first! When I walked into the store I noticed a guy looking at me differently. He seemed to be attracted to me (and I liked it). I got a few other strange looks from people too.

It turned out that my lips had a red tint to them. Have to remember: always look in mirror before leaving the house!

Diane Taylor
02-27-2017, 08:00 AM
Traces of leftover makeup happen from time to time but it's never a worry. Now that I'm getting up there in years I use less makeup and no longer use mascara.

ClosetED
02-27-2017, 08:23 AM
My wife, during DADT, would comment about lashes. I noticed my lashes, especially lower ones, are very light colored and even with makeup remover, were more noticeable afterward.
Also sometimes I get the black remnant of makeup at corner of eyes-so I watch for that. And lipstick and lip liner needs good strong rubbing to get off. Carry red candies to explain a small red lip coloring?
Hugs, Ellen

Judy-Somthing
02-27-2017, 08:30 AM
I was at a party one time without the wife and some women I didn't know asked me why I was wearing mascara.
I said I wasn't, deny deny deny.

Beverley Sims
02-27-2017, 08:31 AM
With constant wearing of makeup I sometimes forget lipstick.

My lips grow redder each day now.

BLUE ORCHID
02-27-2017, 08:40 AM
Hi Shayna:hugs:, Yes it happens sometimes we get a little careless with clean up.

A few weeks ago we were in the supermarket check out line my DA/DT:love:wife
had her back to the windows and I was facing the windows and the light coming in
she says you have lipstick stains on your lips, Lesson learned ...:daydreaming:...

Meghan4now
02-27-2017, 08:42 AM
My solution to that is to wear your mascara every day, and then it won't be out of the ordinary. Eyeliner, though, is far bolder and way more obvious and harder to clean. Lipstick? So what if a little is left behind, not sure who is going to notice.

Rachael Leigh
02-27-2017, 09:48 AM
I use to worry about that but not anymore cause if they do notice most prob won't ask

Sara Jessica
02-27-2017, 09:54 AM
I've told this story here before but it seems to be worth repeating. I did a weeknight outing and the next morning while getting ready for work, I thought that my eyes looked especially nice but didn't think anything of it beyond that. I went to work and got through nearly my entire day when one of my employees comes in and says "it looks like you are wearing mascara" to which I replied that I wasn't. This went back and forth for a moment and she left my office. I promptly packed up to go home and looked in the rear view mirror in my car and with a tissue, I confirmed that yes indeed, I still had traces of mascara on my lashes.

Moral of the story, no matter how late the night and how tired you might be, always take care with makeup removal if you would prefer that others not notice.

Jamie Christopher
02-27-2017, 10:02 AM
I've also gone out in drab without looking in the mirror first... once to look into a mirror at the department store cosmetics dept. and see oh-oh... I'm still completely done up all fem... This is why I always use Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Sens'Eyes Waterproof eye make up remover..... I just think it works exceptionally well, as I always use a waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Just love looking feminine I guess!

Jamie

karrin
02-27-2017, 10:19 AM
I'll say, waterproof mascara..very stubborn, there's a product out there that works well, even on waterproof mascara, (garnier skin active micellar cleansing water) it's an all in one make up remover, works very well. be safe karrin

Jenny123
02-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Mascara seems to be more durable than permanent markers. I've had similar concerns, but so far nobody has said anything to me. I do wear glasses, and I think that does help hide things a bit too.

Jenny22
02-27-2017, 11:25 AM
Here's my suggestion for really clean lashes. First, buy a magnifying mirror (5 or 10 power ..I use 10) to keep close at hand to eventually use to check removal results. Now, consider this ... when you apply mascara in the normal way, you do it by sweeping it up and UNDER the lashes. But, to remove it, you have to do the removal the same way, from underneath, not from just the top !!! I use pads. I close my eye and sweep the pad UP and UNDER the lashes. You'll be surprised how much color you'll see on the pad !! Now use the magnifying mirror up close to check the results. You may have to repeat once or twice to FULLY remove the mascara, then wipe down the eye lid to remove any that may have been pressed on to it in the removal process. Works wonderfully for me !! This approach should definitely work for you ... and other girls who may have the same, not unusual problem. The magnifying mirror (10 power recommended) will let you see if all traces of all cosmetics have been removed.

Re: oils and such...They work fine, but you should prefer to use the cotton makeup PADS, not balls, to remove with same. Much easier to handle, IMHO and no cotton 'threads' left on the lashes. Jenny 22

Geena Gee
02-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Like Jenny, I wear glasses, so that helps hide anything that I missed getting off, especially since my glasses have transition lenses. But, removing mascara and eyeliner is tough. I just use a good facial soap and a washcloth to get everything else off before I go to bed, and then I use baby oil and small gauze squares for the mascara and eyeliner remnants in the morning. It gets it all off!

Tracii G
02-27-2017, 03:40 PM
Pretty common actually and there are many threads discussing this subject so try a search and read all the threads on the subject.

Helen_Highwater
02-27-2017, 05:47 PM
This came up in a thread only recently; https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?247421-The-eyes-have-it

This is an extract from post #4

I never use waterproof mascara so it mainly goes off firstly with soap and water and then with eye makeup remover and wipes. I do however always soak a cotton bud in makeup remover and then give the eye lashes a really good clean. The colour of the buds once I've finished shows just how much mascara was left behind.

Alice B
02-27-2017, 07:45 PM
I wear mascara almost every day. The amount depends upon where I will be and who I am around. Since all my family knows I dress it makes things easier

Samantha Sometimes
02-27-2017, 08:08 PM
Wow timely. I usually put on a little everyday, but I went a little overboard last Thursday and in a staff meeting someone asked if I was wearing eyeliner! ( I work with all men) so I was super embarrassed but could honestly say no. No one has brought it up since. Lucky for me they counldnt see the panties I was wearing too!

Shayna
02-28-2017, 12:34 AM
Thanks for all the responses. Think even when I do a good job removing it I still get paranoid that it has changed the way my lashes look.

NancySue
02-28-2017, 08:28 AM
Yes, I've experienced many of mentioned situations in a somewhat frustrating way. I discussed this with my wife and she suggested using Neutrogena makeup remover cleansing towelettes. Wow ! They really work, including waterproof mascara, which I rarely wear. I saw an ad on tv, too. My wife gave me a package and no more problems. 💁