PDA

View Full Version : Am I moving too fast?

Geena Gee
03-02-2017, 11:23 AM
When I was younger, around 8 or 9 y.o., I would try walking around the house in mom's heels. Occasionally, trying on various femme items. Same thing through my teen years, although my feet grew too much to wear the heels. From then until my late forties, it was the "wear some of the wife's sexy things," when I knew she was going to be out. But now, I'm divorced, live by myself, and have my own home, which I recently inherited from my father. I also work for myself from home.
In the process of cleaning out the house, I had to clear out, not only my dad's things, but also my step-mother's belongings (she passed in 2013, but dad never got rid of any of her things.) While clearing out her closets, I came across a number of blouses, skirts, coats, etc., and decided to try some of the items on. A lot of the clothes fit, but they weren't to my tastes. There was also a lot of outer wear - leather coats and jackets, and a few furs.
Something clicked at that point, and I started doing some online shopping this past January. I bought a bustier, hose, heels, and a wig. I was absolutely giddy when it all arrived about a week later (first week of Feb.) I tried everything on, but it just didn't seem like enough. I went back online, and bought some skirts, bras, panties, more shoes, breast forms, etc. When the breast forms arrived, I shaved my mustache, legs, and everything in-between, got my ears pierced, and decided that I needed some makeup. Problem was, I had no idea what I was buying! Thank God for youtube.
Now my closet contains about 3 or 4 dresses, 10 skirts, 15 blouses, 10 pairs of shoes, 25 pairs of panties, skinny jeans, leggings, hose, garters, shapers, 7 bras, 4 wigs, 3 purses, and my vanity looks like I am sharing my house with a woman (I know, I am!) I also bought a pair of feminine prescription glasses. And I'm still buying more things daily - PINK FOG?
I moisturize daily, and shave every other day. I don't wear makeup everyday, but always have my toes painted, and at least one pinkie finger. I've made a few forays out for a drive, but have not gotten out of the car, except for going to a GNO in Dallas last week. God, that was exhilarating!
Anyway, my question is, "Am I moving too fast?" I just embraced this part of me a little more than a month ago. And we're not even going to get into the fantasies that play through in my mind... LOL

Laurana
03-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Move at your own pace. Only you can determine if you're "going to fast".

Mafalda
03-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Nobody can say how fast is too fast... Anyway, being a crossdresser isn't the only thing each one of us is. I mean, I feel we should never forget that our crossdressing, as our sexual identity , it's just a part of our overall identity, of our life. No pink fog, I hope, has to shade who we are. I am not a psy or something like it, so sorry if you think I wrote something out of tune!

ClosetED
03-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Jenniferathome made this great chart
https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?220111-Is-progression-inevitable-and-endless&p=3617440&viewfull=1#post3617440
Yes, you are dense pink fog and on exponential part of curve due to release of social restrictions and financial capability. So you are buying lists of things but not sure what is "you" - your style. Maybe you wonder how good could you look. If you have done a GNO, then you are willing to be seen. Might I suggest a professional makeover or photoshoot, so you can see how good a professional can make you look, what they dress you in (likely can try several looks), and let that help guide you?
Have you seen images of what you would like to look like? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Hugs, Ellen

Judy-Somthing
03-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Remember that when the Pink Fog starts to fade, don't PURGE.
About 18 years ago when I just about lost the PINK FOG I put everything in storage.
Well anyhow, have fun.

Diane Taylor
03-02-2017, 12:16 PM
When we first allow ourselves to buy things and dress up we tend to do things at the speed of light. After a while we tend to slow down and take it easy. There is no way to say if you're going to fast or not. At least you are going FORWARD and that's what counts. I think that the only way one may be going too fast is if you're maxing out your credit cards in order to buy things.

Beverley Sims
03-02-2017, 12:23 PM
Considering your circumstances I think you are just trying to catch up for lost time.

You will eventually slow down and think a lot about what you are doing.

If you have an urge to stop dressing, don't purge or feel ashamed just leave it in the wardrobe until the urge returns.

Meanwhile take care and enjoy what you do.

You are off to a good start with that nice dress and those shoes look good too.

Nicole90
03-02-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm in this phase too! I'm in the dense pink fog. Like 0/0 via pink fog but enjoying it. I don't know if it's too fast. As others have said that's for you to decide. But the most important thing is to have fun!

kimdl93
03-02-2017, 01:52 PM
We all go through a phase where the restrictions ore off and we begin to rediscover ourselves. It's ok as long as you don't take needless risks or harm yourself financially. Once the novelty has worn off you'll be able to start thinking about how you want to proceed with your new life. Enjoy it!

Teresa
03-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Geena,
You have no restrictions in your own home so does it really matter. I will admit I'm envious so I can't say what route I would take in the same circumstances. I would definitely go out more socially if there's nothing to hold you back so I would buy outfits on that basis rather than random buys. Also in your circumstances it's far more fun to shop in person .

I always shave totally everyday, and apply Olay facial cream, so I'm always ready to take advantage of a dressing opportunity . As soon as I started going out socially I had to female glasses made, going out femme is total to me .

Pantiesnhose
03-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Since you are in your own place with no one else around you can move at what ever pace you want. As others have said if the desire wanes do not purge, pack it up and put it away. The urge will return. Have fun with you new found freedoms.

Geena Gee
03-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Teresa,
It's not ALL random purchases. i.e. I purchased a really cute red/white polka dot skirt, only to find that I didn't have a blouse to go with it. Wanted a white oxford blouse, so I went out yesterday and found one. I also found a new purse, and some really cute canvas wedges.
I'd go into more detail, but I have to go shopping...

NicoleScott
03-02-2017, 03:07 PM
You never know what or when life is going to throw something your way (health, financial, meeting someone special, etc.) Take advantage of your current situation and opportunities. Generally, we will regret the things we wanted to do but didn't more than what we did but shouldn't have. Have fun.

Helen_Highwater
03-02-2017, 03:58 PM
You will eventually slow down and think a lot about what you are doing.

If you have an urge to stop dressing, don't purge or feel ashamed just leave it in the wardrobe until the urge returns.

As ever Beverley offers sound advice.

I had the privileged to meet someone who's story was not dissimilar to your own. It was all a bit of a whirlwind with even consideration of transition. Then there was an enforced hiatus and when that ended and the freedom to dress was restored the desire didn't resurface. So who's to say what the future holds.

So I would say, take it as it comes. You have the basic tools, now practice how to use them and become more comfortable in being yourself.

Tracii G
03-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Only you know how fast you are going so let yourself tell you when to slow down.
About your fantasies thats a different thing.
Don't act on a fantasy right away, think about them in a realistic way so you don't get into something you can't get out of.

Becky Blue
03-02-2017, 09:28 PM
No such thing as too fast or too slow for that matter. Speaking for myself I have experienced times when things seem to be moving quite fast and then they stop, they move backwards or forwards at their own pace. Of course when things move fast it can be quite scary, but your circumstances seem to be conducive to exploring your desires.

Suzie Petersen
03-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Geena,

"Am I moving too fast?" ..... depends mostly on where you are going .. and on how desperate you are to get there!

Do you know?

- Suzie

giuseppina
03-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Hello Geena

You aren't going too fast unless it is causing issues in your life. If there was a SO in your life, I suspect most of us would be instructing you to slow down. The OP does sound like pink fog.

If you start thinking about hormones and genital surgery, that is a very large step that requires very careful consideration with the assistance of licensed health practitioners.

Lana Mae
03-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Everyone's journey is different and some are fast and some are slow! Go at your own pace as for now you have new found freedom! You are not unlike myself! My wife passed away in 2015 and the fog set in heavy! It levels out after a while but you will find that out. Just enjoy the journey and get out as much as you can! Hugs Lana Mae