PDA

View Full Version : When you read others posts what voice do you hear in your head?

LexiNexi
03-02-2017, 07:59 PM
For some reason I always hear the other posts in a flamboyant drag queen voice. Probably not accurate but...

ronda
03-02-2017, 08:12 PM
I hear my voice

Diane Taylor
03-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Everything I read is in my own natural voice. Are you stereotyping?

AllieSF
03-02-2017, 08:37 PM
For me it depends on whose post I am reading. Some I know personally, some I have been reading their posts for a long time, and others I do not know. For those that I know personally or on this site and depending on the tone and wording of their post, I will hear them as I may know them. For others, it just depends on the topic and how they write. Sometimes someone's avatar may also influence how I hear them too. Some avatars look happy and I hear that mostly. Then there are those with a serious almost irritated look on their faces, and I tend to read their posts that way.

Suzie Petersen
03-02-2017, 08:42 PM
If you read my posts in a flamboyant drag queen voice it is Definitely not accurate.

Use Jamie Lee Curtis voice instead .. I would prefer that!

- Suzie

JasmeVee
03-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Morgan freeman

Lana Mae
03-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Some times Minnie Mouse and sometimes Lana Mae! I go by the avatar photo and adjust it to the person as much as possible! Hugs Lana Mae

Steph65
03-03-2017, 05:06 PM
I hear voices in my head!!! LOL Never crossed my mind about the voice. some maybe now you mention it could be a feminine mans voice or some times a manly womans voice. Just hope it is not like Shrek!!!!

Alice_2014_B
03-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Morgan freeman

HAHAHA!!
That killed me!
I just hear my normal inner voice.
:)

PaulaQ
03-03-2017, 06:14 PM
I hear them in my voice - I don't really think about it much, to be honest. It's just like I read everything else.

Jaymees22
03-03-2017, 11:10 PM
I just read the posts in my voice. Recently I recorded my voice to hear if I sounded somewhat feminine, I sounded like Mr. Rodgers so close enough!

Stephanie Julianna
03-03-2017, 11:16 PM
I hear myself at all the different ages I was when I was going through similar feelings.

sometimes_miss
03-04-2017, 12:34 AM
I don't usually hear a voice when I read things. Unless I know the person who wrote it, I don't 'assign' a sound to it. For example, when you come to a stop sign, do you hear someone saying 'STOP!' in a loud clear voice? How about when you see an advertisement on a billboard?
It never occurred to me that people assigned a voice to everything they read....other than those who hallucinate.

Teresa
03-04-2017, 01:45 AM
Lexi,
I Sometimes look in their profile to get some idea of whom I'm talking to and then get a mental picture so I can imagine a voice to go with it.

I sometimes put the accent to go with it, I know the ( US ) East coast is different to the west and the north different to the south. The UK has some very broad accents, I do wonder sometimes how other members imagine my voice ? I know when I used my old avatar some imagined me to sound like a school mistress , what ever that sounds like .

Maria Blackwood
03-04-2017, 01:57 AM
Heavy metal death growls

Lily Catherine
03-04-2017, 05:08 AM
I've never given much attention, but mostly in the imagined voice and often inaccurate accent of the writer in question. Still curious how my ramblings are being read though.

(For the record, the military command for "halt" as used in Singapore and the "STOP" signs in Malaysia are the exact same word in Malay, and for a while I did imagine the word in the shrill tenor of my CSM when I was a conscript.)

Paige Dehart
03-30-2017, 03:17 AM
Interesting question. I had to stop and think about it. If I am reading something from someone I know personally then it's their voice, otherwise it's my own.

Pumped
03-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Interesting, I never thought about it.

The only voice I hear while reading the posts of gurls dressing with the wife's full acceptance and participation, is my voice, screaming in frustration!

Leslie Mary S
03-30-2017, 11:06 AM
i am so busy concentrating on the content of what I am reading that I rarely use any 'spoken voice' in my mind. Even as I type, I am busy thinking about each word to use next. In my mind it is the neutral 'me' . It is the same voice I have thought in all my life. I do not even assign a gender to it. I am me, part male part female. Even when I talk I like to use my neutral voice., which is not a deep male voice. As for accents or dialects, I have none. I was born to the military and have been exposed to all, so much, that they all get blurred in my mind. I rarely even notice other speakers accents etc.

Tracii G
03-30-2017, 11:52 AM
Heavy metal death growls

Then you wouldn't be able to understand what they are saying.

Victoria Demeanor
03-30-2017, 09:04 PM
For some reason I always hear the other posts in a flamboyant drag queen voice. Probably not accurate but...

LOL nope that would not be me at all Lexi, think more Darth Vader, but in a dress.
I do have a weird and very active imagination and yes I do put voices to different people here. I go by their avatar or their location as I have not actually met anyone from this site, at least not that I know of. You now have a really cute Swiss accent. As I am writing and editing I hear myself in my lovely, beautiful women's voice. now only if I could get it out past my lips.