PDA

View Full Version : Tell them what you are and why !

Teresa
03-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Recently I had to travel the twelve miles to the city to get my chainsaws checked out ( to sort the damage after storm Doris ). Starting back I sat at the traffic lights , straight on for the city centre and right for home , I wasn't dressed that smartly but what the heck and headed into the city . I wanted to drop into the lingerie department of a department store to check out the sales . As I was looking through the display racks a voice from the sales counter asked can I help you ? You know the tone , " Hey girls we have a male weirdo looking at women's underwear " . I told her I needed some medium control panties in a colour other than black , so she gave me the stare and then showed me a double pack in white with maximum stomach control, I pointed out that I don't have a problem with that and really needed them control my male parts. I could see she wasn't getting it so I asked if she could spare a minute and wasn't offended if I showed her what I looked like, as I took the pictures out another SA heard the conversation and came over to have a look. She said, " Wow ! you look great, it's a pity just to dress at home like that " , I pointed out that most of the pictures were taken when I go out .

I have talked about this before when the subject of being accepted comes up, I now feel that people think a crossdresser is someone who for whatever reason hides at home to dress up, if you go out it's a whole different thought process, I'm sure they think you're possibly TS.

As soon as I told them their whole attitude changed , they were falling over them selves to serve me , I felt slightly guilty because other customers wanted serving. I decided that they didn't have what I was looking for , they had stopped selling ones I had bought previously, but she made me promise to come back anytime to look and chat.

I was now in the mood to shop and had been looking for some brown boots for a while so I checked out the charity shops but found none. My final stop was a retro charity shop , On my wish list was a leather skirt , I knew they often had them , sure enough there was a brown one in the window . So I went inside and had a look round, a young sales girl gave me the look , I just smiled and asked what size was the skirt in the window, she checked and told me size 8, so I asked if she had more , she pointed the the rack with about twenty on. As I started to go through them she said in an off tone what do you intend to wear with them ? As before I asked if she had a moment I could show her what I look like when I go out , she again said wow and caught the attention of another SA they were making complementary comments so two more SAs came to look, by the time I'd gone through them two female customers had also joined in. They loved the dress in my avatar but the one they all raved about was my Union Jack outfit. One customer said with legs like those I wouldn't hesitate to wear it and the other immediately asked if they had anything like it in the shop.

After this I continued to look through the racks and found a black leather skirt for £12.00 and a dark tan one for £15.00. I asked to try them on and they fitted fine . The girl at the sales desk insisted I take a card and left my phone number so she would give me a call when some brown boots came in.

Sometime ago I posted a thread asking if I was too old to keep taking and showing pictures , other members told me to carry on and the girls out there are more than happy to see them. I know there are many reasons why I do it one of them being it tells them what I am and it makes it easier for them to understand why I do it .

I apologise for using the picture again but it's the one they all love to see, girls appear to like legs as much as guys do !

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=268153&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1477825216

TrishaTX
03-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Great story, I agree with most of this ...I too get asked about 10X can I help you in Soma, Macys, Kohls and second hand stores. Now I do occasionally shop for my wife as well, but I love to shop for me. You get some stares, some people keep their distance etc, but as soon as some sort of agreement comes about, they want to talk to you. I guess if you are touching panties to touch them that is bad, but if you are wearing them it is ok...lol. Anyway , good story...

Rachael Leigh
03-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Great story Teresa, yes it's just best to be up front and take the high road then it's like hey ok he's cool so we can be that way as well. I've been out an about enough to just be yourself act natural as if all is well and as you know it is and we are.
Everyone always is nice to me and hey I know I'm read most times but it's cool
Rachael Leigh

DIANEF
03-05-2017, 08:21 PM
I've seen a gorgeous red dress I intend to buy very soon at Bonmarche (you'll know it Teresa). I'm not going to say anything, just walk in. pick it up and pay, but if asked I'll make it clear it is for me. Funny but a few months ago I wouldn't have dreamed of doing such a thing.

Steph65
03-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Reading these stories gives me more incentive and more possitive assurance it is ok to go and shop. To talk to the SA's and other people/ Let them know I am a guy who dresses like a woman and I LOVE IT!!!

Dana44
03-05-2017, 08:26 PM
great story Teresa,, Yeah they are right about liking a good looking woman. I am glad it worked out.

Karen RHT
03-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Great story Teresa, I enjoyed the examples you gave and agree wholeheartedly with your message.

Karen

Becky Blue
03-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Great story Teresa, good message too!!

kimdl93
03-05-2017, 09:23 PM
I find the reaction to your pictures quite illuminating. Perhaps it overcame their initial skepticism when they saw the time and care you put in to your presentation. Well done!

rebecca_ns
03-05-2017, 09:41 PM
I had a similar reaction with an SA at Sally Beauty Friday evening. I was looking for nail polish to match my dress. She asked me what colour I was looking for, so I showed her a picture of the dress. She looked at me and asked if it was for my wife. I said, no, it's for me. She smiled and said good for you. I showed her some pics on my phone, paid for my polish, and out the door I went.

natalie edwards
03-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Teresa
Great idea! I can see how it's so much easier to show some pictures than rather try to explain while they picture some hairy pervert looking ridiculous.

Tracii G
03-05-2017, 11:05 PM
The key is to be totally honest about who you are.
The fact you are open from the beginning kind of throws them off guard and lets them know if there intent was to shame you in some way it isn't going to wok.

docrobbysherry
03-06-2017, 12:39 AM
Thank u, Teresa! I never thot about showing SA's or other vanillas photos of Sherry.

Altho, they mite crap a brick? They also mite change their attitudes!:thumbsup:

Teresa
03-06-2017, 01:48 AM
Steph,
I hope it does give you the incentive, I'm where I am now because of the incentive I gained from others, at the time I know you think it's never going to happen, believe me it can.

Diane,
Go get the red dress, maybe ask about accessories for it and see the reaction .

Kim,
The magic word or words to them all appeared to be , " Going OUT !" all of them changed when they knew that. As far as what I look like is concerned there's always the feeling of could do better. I've heard my wife say so many times , " Oh that will do " , I guess some of that has rubbed off on me .

Sherry ,
Why worry about that, you are becoming quite a celebrity, if you had the time you could show them video clips or magazines you've appeared in .

Stephanie47
03-06-2017, 02:35 AM
Teresa, you've come a long way, baby! Nice story. I think part of the issue with sales associates is the type of men they may meet in the lingerie department. If you clearly state you're a cross dresser and show them pictures, then you've established you're not a creep. What do I mean by a "creep." Once I was with my wife in the lingerie department of a JC Penny. She took a nylon gown off the rack to look at it. She noticed that some guy had obviously stood at the rack and jacked off onto the nightgown. She was repulsed, but, took it to the attending sales associate in the department and told her of her find and for proper disposal.

Amanda Katharine
03-06-2017, 03:41 AM
I've done this in a couple of Payless stores in the past and with a couple of bridal shops I'm looking at visiting for a wedding dress in the next year. My best one was at a hospital. The nurse wanted to put those slip proof socks on my feet since my ribs wouldn't permit me to at that moment. I told her if any family besides my fiancée was in the room, she'd have to ask them to leave and I explained why. I showed her some pics on my phone and she told me it was a shame I didn't want to transition because she felt I looked far better as a woman.

Beverley Sims
03-07-2017, 07:09 AM
Teresa,
I have had similar reactions to you when I have visited some of the local shops in villages around the UK.

In London you can get positive reactions especially in some of the quieter boutiques.