PDA

View Full Version : T,V.C.D.....Not A C.D.????

deebra
03-06-2017, 09:20 AM
There are a lot of shows on T.V. we all watch, soap operas with their beautiful people, cop shows with all kinds of people, game shows, etc. Same with faces and bodies. Ever looked at a woman and said that face could be a man's without her having makeup on, I have. Ever looked at a man's face and said with makeup he could be a beautiful woman. Ever looked at male to female transformations, CDing couples, etc. and see how they look 100% to be a woman? Some makeovers can transform a man's face into that of a beautiful woman. Some males have small bodies that look very feminely attractive in a dress over foundations. Shouldn't T.V. take a made over C.D. and use them in a show? They would be actors of course and they are the best at changing their voice, mannerisms, etc. Plainly said they would play the roll of an attractive woman in a show, not as a C.D., perhaps as a well dressed female lawyer or detective. It would be dynamite (helpful acceptance and awareness) for the C.D. community and really cool for the rest of the viewers to see. Of course the look and presentation by a well cast and qualified actor would be a must. Know any producers you can forward this to??? I know this group would be watching.

Judy-Somthing
03-06-2017, 09:34 AM
How about the 1981 007 Bond girl ?
"Barry Kenneth Cossey"

Steph65
03-06-2017, 09:38 AM
I agree with you to the point of the way a man and woman can look. I do not have faith in the media to have CDR's properly portrayed in shows or movies as the media over dramatizes and does not convey the real reason or character. It is quite interesting to see how the media has alot more control than what you think. To a certain point it would be the best exposure to see Dressers used in movies and portrayed in their roles but they will not have it that way as they would put in the problems CD's have in every day life.

It would be great exposure and get society use to seeing Transgender or more CD's as it would make society more accepting. Remember 15 years ago it was not cool to come out as gay in society. Even though some "stars" have admitted. We are getting use to that. It is going to take same amount of time or more for society to get use or even accept CD's in society. It is up to us women to make that happens.

The slogan "We are here (some not queer) Give us a cheer" should be used. JMHO.

Joni T
03-06-2017, 09:43 AM
Have you never seen "Tootsie" starring Dustin Hoffman?
Jon

kimdl93
03-06-2017, 09:43 AM
I am happy to have sympathic and realistic portrayals of any trans person.

Kelly DeWinter
03-06-2017, 09:45 AM
I think Laverne Cox is the first TG to have a regular recurring television role Orange is the New Black. She then went on to the series Doubt where she played a transgender attorney , sadly it only lasted 2 episodes and was not picked up. My hope is that actors and actresses would be cast based on their acting ability and not their gender.

mykell
03-06-2017, 10:35 AM
wait its over already:Angry3:these networks dont let anything build an audience anymore...i just found out about the show through a friend.

i have been watching star on fox, queen latifa ? lenny kravits ? a few trans characters.....some moving stuff

we were also watching Empire with a few gay characters....so they are doing it in serious roles and not a comic relief or psychotic villains....

Diane Taylor
03-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't it be better for us if ALL CD and trans people made themselves visible in public. That way the rest of the world would see REAL people rather than actors.

Joan58
03-06-2017, 11:33 AM
The Fox show "The Mick" has the youngest character 8 year old Ben,A young boy who likes to sometimes dress up in girls clothes.Now it is a comedy show, but seems to handle Bens desire to dress up well. Mick has told him he can wear anything he wants to and be anything he chooses to be.When Ben wore his sisters high heels to school Mick stood up for him to the schools principal.

Kelly DeWinter
03-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Diane; I understand what you are saying.I would add that in a utopian world we would not have to be recognized as trans or cd or gay or lesbian or hetro. Sadly though in our world if you are any different from what people perceive as their comfort group.

We limit people by thinking of them by a category. a sad situation indeed.

Helen_Highwater
03-06-2017, 12:29 PM
There's a (very) long running soap on the BBC called EastEnders. One of the plot lines which ran about 2 years or so ago was about a CD'ing husband who was forced to reveal all to his wife.. All done with great sensitivity and well acted.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/truth-behind-eastenders-les-coker-7033905

Plot line when something like this;

Back in October, Les Coker revealed that he had been cross-dressing for 60 years, much to the shock of his wife Pam. At first Pam refused to accept Christine, Les' alter ego, and the pair separated for months.
Les decided to give up his secret life as Christine in a bid to reunite with his wife. Their marriage is finally back on track but it looks like Les' secret could finally be out.

A while back, Les burned Christine's clothes but somebody was lurking in the background. Twisted Aunt Babe, master manipulator and wearer of daft dressing gowns, will blackmail the Cokers over Les' past. Babe begins to send threatening emails to the couple, calling Les a "pervert". Things turn seriously dark when she says she wants money in exchange for keeping the secret.

At first Les begins to believe it is Claudette who is blackmailing him because Claudette knew about Christine a long time ago.

The script covered many things seen here on the forum, here's a taste;

I needed some way to express my pain. That’s when Christine came into my life.’

‘You talk about her as if she’s real!’ Pam protested.

‘Yes, she’s real,’ Les claimed". ‘And when it gets too much for me...’

‘You go round to my best friend’s flat and slip on a pair of M&S panties!’

‘You should have told me years ago, before we got married,’ she told him eventually. ‘I don’t know who you are anymore. You disgust me.’

There were just two things she wanted to ask him.

‘Have you ever worn any of my clothes?’

He confessed that he had but only once.

‘Do you speak differently as Christine?’ Pam also wondered. ‘Like in Tootsie?’

‘It’s not quite like that,’ Les said. ‘But I do sound a bit different, yes.

docrobbysherry
03-06-2017, 12:52 PM
I AM a TV cd! Here's proof!:D

DIANEF
03-06-2017, 02:19 PM
HA ha Doc, love it!!:)
Helen, have to admit I hate Eastenders with a passion, but did follow that story line closely. Well acted and written. My wife made a passing comment about finding out if I was like 'Christine'. I said what would you do, she just shrugged and said 'probably divorce you'.....

sometimes_miss
03-07-2017, 02:40 AM
Have you never seen "Tootsie" starring Dustin Hoffman?
Jon

Tootsie was about an actor playing a part; it's not that he felt he wanted to or needed to. Not about a crossdresser dealing with all the problems of wanting to dress, behave and feel as a woman, but as a man who HAD to in order to see his kids. There is a difference. In contrast, he COULD stop anytime he wanted to. If only we were so lucky.

Princess Chantal
03-07-2017, 04:43 AM
You are mixing Tootsie up with Mrs. Doubtfire. Watch Tootsie again......

Kelly DeWinter
03-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Tootsie filed an unsuccessful sexual harassment lawsuit against a lecherous producer in Hollywood. Blackballed and unable to find work she was forced to move to New Your where she changed her name to Mrs Doubtfire and was only able to find work as a nanny. Finding success as an expert in child envelopment, she parlayed her expertise into a Nation wide chain of Nanny Day Care Centers ( possible movie production for her 3rd film to start in 2019) I've had way too much caffeine.

reinasblack
03-07-2017, 05:01 PM
It does not take much in the face change to make a man look like a woman are vice versa.

Your just taking squares and making them less angular ,more smooth transitions and removing are minimizing features like.
Brow bossing,lip to nose distance, cheekbone fat, chin and jaw projection and squareness, forehead prominence,M hairline and hairline, lip projection and prominence, nose and eyebrow space

Try it for yourself, virtual FFS

http://www.genderbendy.com/2013/09/virtual-ffs-before-and-after-pics.html

See B4 & After
https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?247741-Is-that-me

To me TV don't try to create the illusion are shave and get smooth but A CD tried for the complete illusion and drag queens exaggerate and make female comical.

gina shiney
03-07-2017, 06:28 PM
deebra if it was done the way that you suggest how would the viewing public know? It could Ã*lready have occurred and you wouldn't know. Trans people are involved in all types of employment and it is only if others use them as examples that the general public become aware, not everyone wants the fame.

Julogden
03-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Back in the 1970's and 1980's, an actor named Christopher Morley specialized in drag roles, not quite what you're suggesting, but he also dressed in private life for drag contests. He was in lots of big-name TV shows and some movies, including Freebie and the Bean.

BLUE ORCHID
03-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Hi Deebra:hugs:, It is amazing what a wig and proper makeup can do for your look...:daydreaming:...

williamthegreat
03-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Great idea