PDA

View Full Version : A depressing two weeks

Richelle
03-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Some back ground. I have been working out of a home office for nearly10 years. During the last couple of years, I have slowly transitioned in almost all aspects of my life. My wife has slowly accepted, but still does not like it. I always wear women’s clothing, earring, makeup etc. I introduce myself using my female name and 99% of the time am greeted and treated as a women. Although not official transitioned at work I have gone out with a couple of co-workers The only expectation for me presenting as feminine self is on the occasional trips to the company office in Massachusetts and on the phone with coworkers and customers.

However this past I had an extended two week trip to our Shanghai. During this entire time, I had to dress in men’s clothing and could not enjoy anything feminine. Other long trips, I had with me coworkers that knew about and accepted my female self. Unfortunately, this time the people I was traveling with do not know and I was uncomfortable with them finding out. So I had to stuff myself back into the closet for the entire trip.

I was never so happy when I got home and my wife and I went out to our nail salon for a full mani/pedi and I could have my acrylic nails back. :) Hopefully I will never have to have a trip like that again.

Richelle

kimdl93
03-06-2017, 05:23 PM
I understand how two weeks of immersion in male clothes can feel. I'm sure you've let your wife know how grateful and fortunate you feel to come home and share your real self with her.

Lana Mae
03-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Two weeks can be a long time! Do something nice for that loving wife! Hugs Lana Mae

alwayshave
03-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Richelle, welcome home. You did not even bring a nightgown to sleep in.

docrobbysherry
03-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Compared to a lot of T's I know? U don't realize how lucky u r, Richelle!:thumbsup:

BLUE ORCHID
03-06-2017, 10:52 PM
Hi Richelle:hugs:, Some times we just have to roll with the punches, Glad that you made it back ok...:daydreaming:...

Beverley Sims
03-07-2017, 06:16 AM
Richelle,
I agree nothing worse than having to take a backwards step after an extended period of time.

Fiona123
03-07-2017, 07:11 AM
Being closeted even temporarily is never good.

Richelle
03-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Richelle, welcome home. You did not even bring a nightgown to sleep in.
OK, I admit I did have my women's pajamas to sleep in. But they did not help in relieving the depression of not not being feminine during the day.

Stacy Darling
03-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Oh, Richelle

I'm familiar with the Asian community ( as I live in the middle of south east Asia ) and would like you to know that the Asian community is a lot more open than it may seem. They mostly will take you on your honesty and will appreciate you for who you are, even if you're white or wear a dress. So next time you are in japan, China, Malay, Indo or just anywhere near Australia just relax as we do, and pop on a frock!

Stacy

Pattie
03-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Been there done that, as you all know or most of you I am 24/7 Femme,it is only when I have to go in the main office that I am in dude clothes. I was coersed in to traveling with the VP of our co. and it was a week of anxiety.
So I know where you are coming from.