PDA

View Full Version : Spring suck for us.

Kellymay
03-11-2017, 10:15 AM
If you are in and out what do you all do about Spring. Do you stop shaving so you can fly under the radar. I am so depressed look down at your legs and toes painted but with hair just nasty. But what do you do how do you. Not all some don't care but some have to hide who they are to protect your SO.

Samm
03-11-2017, 10:38 AM
I am out only to my wife. I've managed to keep my chest shaved, but she insists on leaving the leg hair alone. I hate it. I wish I could get rid of all the leg/arm hair.

Nikki.
03-11-2017, 10:42 AM
there's a million threads about this...few notice, less care. i wear shorts 8 months out of the year, i've had one nosy neighbor ask why. the other people that notice mind their own business. If someone else asks, my response is gonna be "kind of a personal question dontcha think?" and give them a warm smile after.

Linda E. Woodworth
03-11-2017, 10:44 AM
After years of letting the leg hair grow back every spring I've gone hairless.

I've been epilating since January. I haven't worn shorts yet but I'll address any questions head on and go from there. Why, because I like it that way.

Megan Nicole
03-11-2017, 10:55 AM
I've been shaving chest and legs now for over 10 years. I run, and bike. That is my excuse if anyone asks and its never really been an issue. I've had a few looks but that's about it. It is an incentive to keep up with the exercising though. I suppose the thought of having all that gross hair back on my body motivates me to get up and start moving! Meg

williamthegreat
03-11-2017, 11:00 AM
I appreciate you girls who take pains to be smooth ;)

Sarina Curtis
03-11-2017, 11:01 AM
I'm in a DADT situation and I made the decision to keep shaving in the spring and summer months a couple years back and haven't gotten so much as a single question or comment from friends or co-workers, even on days when I had to go to my office in shorts. More guys are smooth-skinned from nose to toes these days either due to sports or simply aesthetics. While my wife isn't thrilled about it, so far she hasn't felt the need to make any comments.

WandaRae2009
03-11-2017, 12:04 PM
I have been fully shaved for at least 5 years now. The Kids commented, told them my wife & I just didn't like the hair. My wife takes car of the back hair for me. Not that flexible. No one else has ever commented.

suzanne
03-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Since I started getting my legs waxed about 3 years ago, I've kept them on a schedule of rewaxing every six weeks. I'm told if it's any longer, the hair starts getting coarse again. So I keep my legs smooth all year long, partly because I'm not willing to chance it, but mostly my freshly waxed legs feel so fantastic I can't wait till my next session anyway.

Stephanie47
03-11-2017, 12:32 PM
More guys are smooth-skinned from nose to toes these days either due to sports or simply aesthetics.

That seems to be the observation I've had for a long time. The younger guys seem to do it for aesthetics while older guys (like me) seem to have lost a lot of body hair through natural aging. I do not have any hair follicles on the back of my legs from the rump to the ankle and very very sparse hair elsewhere on my legs. My daughter asked me several years ago if I shave my legs. No. I asked her if that was the first time she noticed, and, I explained the lack of hair follicles. I never have had underarm hair. It must have been some genetic makeup. Also having low grade diabetes type II helps according to one of my doctors. Loss of body hair can occur with diabetes. The only perplexing issue has been the growth of hair on my chest. After never having had chest hair it starting growing when diabetes started up (coincidence ?). It comes in wiry and I hate it. I told my wife the other day it was really annoying so I was going to shave it off. She did not object. She has always said she likes a hairy chest, but, I do not have a hairy chest. If you want a hairy chest there are plenty sasquatch in the woods in the Pacific Northwest.

Stacy Darling
03-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Hi Kellymay,

I will usually joke about flying under the radar. I'll never pull it off though!

I don't have enough experience to give advice, But I think that I may be in the world of blending (still pretty, but can't fully come out).

So blending might be a thought!

Gabriella111
03-11-2017, 01:19 PM
When my bf is in boy mode and people ask about his bare arms or legs, he just says that it's never grown in completely and looks patchy, so he shaves it all.

Shely
03-11-2017, 01:49 PM
I may have to decide this spring. I started shaving all around this winter and love the feeling. Especially just after shaving when i apply the lotion all around. Sometimes i have to work outdoors with a bunch of guys and used to wear shorts, may have to wear long pants this summer. Don't know how the guys i work with would take it with shaved legs. I have really light hair color and it's thin anyway, but I am not ready to give up the shaving. My wife hasn't said anything, just part of the DADT we have agreed upon i guess.

Sissy_Michelle
03-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Kellymay,

I just recently started shaving my legs. But for the last seven years, I have been able to shave my underarms, chest, and bikini area. I had started doing it gradually with clippers keeping everywhere trimmed, till I felt that the guys in the locker room either don't care or don't really pay attention, so I started shaving or using Nair for Men everywhere. Still no one said anything or acted like they even noticed so I just continued removing my body hair every two weeks, anything less and the chemicals in Nair start to take off more than just hair. I am not a "bodybuilder" but I do work out a lot and love the way I look, and the way my clothes feel without the hair. So I continued but I didn't really do my legs until a lady from my spin class noticed that I was mostly hairless and asked me about it. I was shocked at first but answerered her truthfully and she asked why didn't I do my legs, that it looked obvious that I had removed hair everywhere else but not my legs. So the next time I removed hair I did my legs as well.

Had nothing to do with seasons but I would understand why. Though I will say since I have removed my leg hair that laps in the pool feel so much better.

@--}-----
Michelle

SherriePall
03-11-2017, 02:42 PM
What a sad thread this is for me. This past Monday was the last I will shave legs, chest, or underarms til September. I usually quit the end of February, but I wanted one more run to Dress Barn to try and buy one more dress this season.

Dana44
03-11-2017, 03:12 PM
My legs are almost hairless. Seems they just gave up. But I shave them anyways as I have some hair on my upper thighs and a few down on my lower legs. I do keep myself as hairless as possible all the time. We don't walk around naked so what is the problem and hairless legs are just pretty.

Mickitv
03-11-2017, 03:23 PM
I live in Florida, so shorts are a usual clothing choice. I keep myself shaven all year round, wife does not much care. Never received any comments about my legs which I think look really great.

Laurana
03-11-2017, 03:31 PM
The only thing that changes for me once the weather turns warm is that I no longer am able to go into stores in town with forms on. I still shave from nose to toes. And if I have to go somewhere where I need to "hide" my legs I just wear jeans.

DIANEF
03-11-2017, 03:42 PM
I am fortunately relatively hairless but do shave what little there is, and wear tights (hose) whenever I feel the need. The time of year has nothing to do with it.

Diane Taylor
03-11-2017, 03:52 PM
I've been completely shaved for more than 20 years and it's not a problem at all. I wear shorts in the summer and no one has ever commented about my legs. I'm also fortunate that my girlfriend dislikes body hair and likes the fact that I'm completely shaved.

Kandi Robbins
03-11-2017, 04:27 PM
It's a fact: non-crossdressing men shave their legs! Also, many men do not have leg hair or lose it as they age.

I am still puzzled why this is an issue? If your SO objects, that is a completely different issue and a different conversation, but if you want to shave your legs and have no SO issue, do it!

When I was a kid, men did not wear earrings or necklaces and now many do without ever being questioned about their gender identity.

There is no reason whatsoever that the simple act of removing your leg hair will flag you as a CD or TG.

I speak from both a simple logical perspective and from personal experience. Believe me, I have removed more hair that the significant majority on this forum and have not once been questioned by family, lifelong friends or co-workers. I have also removed arm hair, shaved my arm pits and my chest.

Steph65
03-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Well here in Ontario we still have minus 25 temps so I shave and wear nylons and leggings all the time. In the spring and summer I try and stay covered up because my body is allergic to the sun if I get too much. So I wear light capris baggy pants. Still girly but looks a little boyish. I shave all the time spring summer fall and winter. The hair I get is sparse and spotty here and there. So My family knows I do not have much hair either. They are use to it anyways. Guess I am lucky in that sense

Sara Jessica
03-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Minus 25?!?! So sorry to hear that. High 80's here, first pool day of the year. Let's still smooth of course as they will be from here to eternity.

BLUE ORCHID
03-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Hi Kelly May:hugs:, Although DA/DT Legs, arms, Back & chest clean and smooth 24/7/365,

and the hedges are trimmed down in ManLand...:daydreaming:...

Jackiefl
03-11-2017, 07:45 PM
The only hair on my body is my eyebrows been smooth for over 40 years and not one problem.

Cheryl T
03-12-2017, 08:36 AM
I began being smooth over 10 years ago and never stopped. I don't care what season it is.

Tonya Renee
03-12-2017, 08:51 AM
I have been shaving all over for 10 years +. SO doesn't mind nor does anyone else. My daughters asked once when we were boating several years back and that was the last comment I have heard from anyone.

ronda
03-12-2017, 10:03 AM
never had body hair and never had a problem have only had two people ask if I shave and one was my sister my reply has always been I was born that way and if any hair does grow any were it gets shaved off I don't like it

AlissaMurray
03-12-2017, 10:29 AM
I think this is the first year I will continue to shave my legs. I only wore shorts out in the world a few times last year and to be honest I don't think anyone would have noticed. I stay well groomed from the neck down all winter and I like it. Facial hair is another story, my wife loves my goatee so I only shave that off if I have big plans.

Tracii G
03-12-2017, 11:09 AM
How someone can get depressed over spring coming in or hair on their body just shave it and depression gone.
If your SO gets pissed then you need to have the talk.