PDA

View Full Version : Victor Victoria!!

greeneyes
03-11-2017, 01:24 PM
We got a fire stick! and I was looking up some of my favorite movies......I am sitting here watching Victor Victoria, one of my ALL TIME favorites, CRACKING UP!!!:lol2: Oh the irony!!! LOL

what is your favorite movie?

Stacy Darling
03-11-2017, 01:34 PM
This is a quick response "Natural Born Killers" For the Artistic content mainly, Maybe Murials wedding on a lighter note. Or Fantasia.

Best get back to preparing breakfast!
Stacy.

Laurana
03-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Favorite movie? In what genera?

Sci-fi.....Star Wars(as a whole)

Comedy.....Blazing Saddles

War movie.....The Fighting Sullivan's

Plan 9 from Outer space
Cassablanca

Dana44
03-11-2017, 03:47 PM
One favorite of mine was Serenity. It was an action packed goody. I like the Bond films also.as well as star wars.

Gabriella111
03-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Dana, I take it you watched the show Firefly?

Amelie
03-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Favorite movie-Amelie

Movie more realistic to my life-Panic in Needle Park

Movie I'd love to have been the actress-Bell Book and Candle

Evie82
03-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Fave movies is a tough one... The Hobbit & LOTR (extended versions) collectively are probably my faves, but Harry Potter and Star Wars rank highly too. Fave comedy is probably Life of Brian.

If I could've starred in any movies they would be for the male lead Une Nouvelle Amie (watch it and you'll see what I mean) and female lead probably Adventures of Don Juan (I LOVE those costumes!). Otherwise I'd have loved to have played Catalina Cavalieri in Amadeus... as I may have mentioned once or twice :-p

Gillian Gigs
03-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Too many movies to count. Gender bender...Connie and Carla, I think Nia Vardalos is a very funny script writer.

Georgina
03-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Shawshank Redemption. Once Upon a Time in the West.

Lacey CD
03-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Just watched Bowfinger with my wife and the lady who rents an apartment from us. They had just binge shopped for leggings on line and asked my opinion on every purchase. I'm now known as the "fashion police". After dinner I changed into my pajamas and joined them for the movie. All in all it was a lovely evening. Oh, and I nailed dinner with pan seared cod, asparagus and red potatoes!!

Victoria Demeanor
03-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Favorite movie?.... Cool hand Luke so much depth. I will agree with Stacy55, Natural born killers was a very under rated classic with a lot of artist content......???? are we in the lounge or was the question favorite CD film?

sometimes_miss
03-12-2017, 03:32 AM
This thread should provide lots of interesting films for us cinemaphiles.
In before the move to the media section.
Of course, we have to go by categories, starting with the TG/TS one: Une nouvelle amie, aka a new girlfriend. I managed to track down a copy with english subtitles right after it first came out.
Spy: Goldfinger.
Comedy: Tie, Young Frankenstein, & Liar Liar.
Romance: Love Actually
Western: High Noon and it's sci fi remake, Outland
Monster: Alien. Way better than anything else.
Thriller. I was torn between several, so I went with the one I've watched the most, with the best plot. Where Eagles Dare.
Mystery: This one was hard, so I had to pick the only one that I didn't figure out (for this, the movie had to have included adequate clues, and this one gave ONLY one hint). Sea of Love. Honorable mention for one with a real interesting change, Memento, told in 5 minute sections, backwards.
Animated: Another hard one; I had to choose between children's and adult. Adult: Grave of the Fireflies. A Japanese film portraying the tale of two children, an older brother of maybe 13 and his young little sister (maybe 4 or 5?), and their often hopeless efforts to survive in a world where food and shelter are almost all gone. It'll tear your heart out.
There are simply too many great animated films for children, to choose from. None had the impact on me that Grave of the Fireflies did.
Courtroom: Witness for the Prosecution. So many twists. It's a black and white film, and, British.

All but Grave of the fireflies are available on Netflix. When I rented it, the disc was worn and scratched, so I returned it but receive the same disc back twice, so i guess they never replaced it. That's a shame. But it's available on Amazon, ebay & of course, torents. You don't need a high quality copy, as it's made in 1980's simple anime cartoon quality; the story is the star.

alwayshave
03-12-2017, 07:27 AM
My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption for drama, Sci-Fi The Force Awakens, comedy Blazing Saddles and love stories Pride and Prejudice, CDing Some Like it Hot.

docrobbysherry
03-12-2017, 02:15 PM
U scared me, greeneyes! I thot were going announce Julie Andrews died!:doh:

Thank goodness she hasn't. Loved her in everything she ever did!:hugs:

audreyinalbany
03-12-2017, 04:23 PM
I'm thinking this belongs in the 'Media' thread

DeeDeeB
03-12-2017, 06:00 PM
The Bird Cage, without a doubt. Robin Williams is great, but Nathan Lane is wonderful. And if you like that, find La Cage Au Failles (spelling?). It is the original in French.

Dee :fairy1:

Tracii G
03-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Platoon.
Hamburger Hill.

Stacy Darling
03-13-2017, 06:58 AM
Just thinking about Tarantino writing PULP FICTION! Is it cd or is it all messed up!

I don't like to be main stream, and I don't like Hamburgers, they dull my lippy!

Stacy!

Geena Gee
03-13-2017, 09:14 AM
So many great movies already mentioned, but a few that nobody has mentioned...

Over the top campiness - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, and Tank Girl
Comedies - Young Frankenstein (anything Mel Brooks, really)
SciFi - The Day the Earth Stood Still (original version)
Drama - The Green Mile

-Geena

Stacy Darling
03-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Nice reference To Pricilla, Geena!
Seems like there may be more Queens in our desert!

I'll just add one more!

Stacy!