PDA

View Full Version : Shedding at least a little guilt over crossdressing

Karen's Secret
03-12-2017, 10:59 PM
A couple of years ago I finally got up the nerve to tell a priest during confession that I was a crossdresser and asked him if that was a sin. Much to my relief he assured me that crossdressing, in and of itself, is not a sin. I take my little victories where ever I can find them.

IleneD
03-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Did he ask you out to lunch?

Just kidding....
I'm Catholic, and love our Priest & Monsignor.

Karen's Secret
03-12-2017, 11:48 PM
No lunch, but he did tell me to whisper as I think I raised my voice a little out of nervousness!

Maria Blackwood
03-13-2017, 01:27 AM
Edit: I worded this poorly. I don't understand the guilt, I guess.

Teresa
03-13-2017, 01:42 AM
Karen,
I'm glad he said that, I don't know how you would deal with something you're born with to be told differently. So did you then ask if you could attend his church dressed ?

One question if you have a wife does your priest know before your her ?

Stephanie47
03-13-2017, 02:24 AM
Happy to hear your priest gave you some comfort. My pastor would have damned to hell on the fast train.

AlissaMurray
03-13-2017, 06:04 AM
I realize this is not Facebook. But darn it, some times you just need a "LIKE" button.

Karen's Secret
03-13-2017, 07:22 AM
Karen,
I'm glad he said that, I don't know how you would deal with something you're born with to be told differently. So did you then ask if you could attend his church dressed ?

One question if you have a wife does your priest know before your her ?

My wife has always known which is going on 28 years now. I have never gone out in public dressed before so no Mass as Karen.

sharonsdream
03-13-2017, 07:31 AM
Happy to hear your priest gave you aasome comfort. My pastor would have damned to hell on the fast train.

Amen to that

Lana Mae
03-13-2017, 09:18 AM
Churches are starting to loosen up about LGBTQ+ persons! Not all of them but some and it is a start! I'm glad you found a church that accepts! Too bad, that you can't go dressed! Hugs Lana Mae