PDA

View Full Version : Geena's Day At The Races

Geena Gee
03-15-2017, 02:44 PM
Home from the makeover, and we'll see who gets the reference from the thread's title.

Got up bright and early, at the crack of 8:20 or so, took my shower, shaved, moisturized, attached the twins, got dressed and headed out the door. I did put on a little lipstick, just because I felt I should. Got to the store, and went in to find Celina. Since she had only seen me in male mode, (other than pictures,) she walked right by me. Luckily, I still clear my throat like a man. She turned around, and it still took a few seconds for it to register. After a few OMG's, we got around to talking about the makeover.

Celina asked me what I wanted her to help me with? EVERYTHING!!! I just want to make sure that I'm using the correct products, right colors, applying the right way in the right order. She explained each item she was using, and showed me how to put it on. I was surprised that most of the products that I already had were the right ones, but my foundation was the wrong shade (and it will change again as the God Sol changes my overall hue in the coming months.) Altogether, from the time I walked into the store in my skinny Levis, Tommy Hilfiger blouse, and tennies, until I left in my peep toe pink pumps, about 90 minutes had passed. When I looked in the mirror, there was Geena staring back. What a great feeling.

One thing that I found out during this process was that Celina's previous job was as a makeup artist for MAC. Next time she does a makeover for me, it will be at a MAC store, as she is taking a job as a store manager. She also told me that I was the first CD that she had ever done.

I was going to go shopping straight from the makeover, but I was really hungry and thirsty. So, I pulled into a Sonic and ordered some chicken strips. The makeover was one thing, but having the young male carhop tell me, "Have a nice day Ma'am" was wonderful.

Did I happen to mention that this was my first time out in public during the day... YIKES!

Celina and Geena.

I kind of feel like Royalty...
Maybe A Night At The Opera is called for.

-Geena

Angie G
03-15-2017, 04:16 PM
Well Geena you pulled it off way to go girl. :^5:and:hugs:
Angie

crystaltvco
03-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Celina was wonderful and you should show your gratitude in some special way!!! Friends like are few and far between and are jewels to save in your life!

Rachael Leigh
03-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Way to go Geena, I know how wonderful a makeover can be as I had my first one about a month ago, and oh my out in the
daylight, look out world Geena is on the loose lol.
Rachael

Allisa
03-15-2017, 05:07 PM
I don't see what the Marx brothers have to do with a make-over but I see more day trips in your future

Geena Gee
03-15-2017, 05:10 PM
Allisa,
And you were oh so close with the Marx Bros. But still not gonna get the winning tiara.

-Geena

Kandi Robbins
03-15-2017, 05:17 PM
Yes, I got the Queen references.

Congrats on the first time (and hopefully not the last) out!

Julie Denier
03-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Good for you! ;)

Aunt Kelly
03-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Oh, look out now. Geena has hit the streets running!
Way to go, girl.

Hugs,

Kelly

ronda
03-15-2017, 06:53 PM
looking good hope you had a fantastic day

Tracii G
03-15-2017, 07:02 PM
Sounds like you won the race Geena !!

Geena Gee
03-15-2017, 08:07 PM
I posted 12 pictures that I took today after I got home. 11 different outfits. Sure glad most of them didn't require buttoning or zipping.

Heidi Stevens
03-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Looks like the day was really busy, but fun! Since youre in Dallas, a day at the races could have meant you went up I-30 about 4 hours to Hot Springs, Arkansas and Oaklawn race track. You'd fit right in with the crowd betting on the ponies! If you do come up, don't order the "jockey book" from the ice cream vendor!
(.The original reference by Queen is "A Day at the Races" with the Marx Bros.)