PDA

View Full Version : What's your thoughts??

lucyuktv3
03-15-2017, 06:19 PM
Hi there I'm Lucy 31 uk, I've been wondering for a while now, often I have no urge to dress for a while but everytime eventually it comes round again!!! What does it mean?? I've been like this now since my teens?? Just mulling things round and looking for a little advice?

Thanks

Xx

Rachael Leigh
03-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Yes Lucy it is the nature of being a CD for sure, there are many ebbs and flows but for some like myself I just accepted the fact that I'm trans and I began to manage my desires and emotions over this better, but I'm still a work in progress

ronda
03-15-2017, 06:37 PM
welcome to the club I think we all have that but as you get older it seems to become an everyday thing

AndreaCalifCD
03-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Even the ebb and flows change frequency! It seems over the past few years I haven't dressed that much, but the last year saw a big change, now I seem to spend every available moment dressed. I've also spent more $$$ on clothes and shoes etc recently than I have for ages. I guess it happens to most of us, one way or another

Tracii G
03-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Doesn't mean anything so don't worry.People read too much into things like this.
Dress when you want to.
Just because you like dressing doesn't mean you have to do it everyday or every other Tuesday for example.

lucyuktv3
03-15-2017, 07:01 PM
Thanks for replies. Don't get me wrong when I'm dressed I usually wish that that was me all the time but I can't ever see me going full time I don't think, it's too scary ha ha I do look at girls and get a bit envious though ha ha!!

Tracii G
03-15-2017, 07:07 PM
Most here feel the the way you do so don't feel alone.

Jaymees22
03-15-2017, 07:22 PM
Oh no! I have to do it every Tuesday! That's the one day my wife is out.

Karen's Secret
03-15-2017, 08:00 PM
I can go for months without strong urges to cross dress and then enter a period of time where dressing is a very strong desire. That being said, I am always aware that I am a crossdresser and I always look at women's clothing with crossdressing in mind. Kind of strange but it is what it is and has been this way since I was a young child.

Helen_Highwater
03-15-2017, 08:18 PM
Lucy,

I can see myself in how you describe your current situation. As eluded to by others this, and for me it did, evolve into something more consistent as I gained a better understanding of myself. Don't fret about your current situation. Take things as they come and simply go with the flow.

sweetdreams
03-15-2017, 08:24 PM
In my middle years I was like that. Months could go by without thinking about it. As I got older I decided I really wanted to wear panties 24/7. Never looked back. These days I put on a nightie every couple of evenings. I'll dress up more every couple of weeks. Part of the problem is having older kids still at home who don't know what I do. If I had total freedom now I'd probably wear a dress a couple of times a week.

Lucy what you are experiencing is pretty much in line with what I experienced. It will probably change over time. Just do what feels right. Be yourself.

irene9999
03-15-2017, 08:52 PM
Some years I've only gotten the urge to dress once every couple of months, the desire to dress always seems to come back though!

CarlaWestin
03-15-2017, 08:53 PM
I've experienced this myself, Lucky. It's not that uncommon. Here's something you might try. At a time when you least want to, dress anyway. I've had the most wonderful adventures and enjoyable photoshoots after doing this. There's something about starting the process that let's the pink fog in. My signature line tells the story of when I got my profile shot. Probably the best picture I've ever taken.

TrishaTX
03-15-2017, 10:21 PM
Been like that for all of us , I assume. The more comfortable you get though, the more you just go with the flow. I don't need to...but Like to!

Geena Gee
03-15-2017, 11:11 PM
Dressing is not an everyday thing for me, although I might underdress with a thong or panties most days.
I hadn't dressed in years, but in the past two months I jumped into the deep end. I finally embraced it, and enjoy every moment that Geena is front and center - like right now.

-Geena

Lacey New
03-16-2017, 05:15 AM
If anyone could definitively answer your question, they'd be a genius. I have the same up and down toward my dressing. Of course, being in the closet even to my wife significantly limits my opportunities to dress, but even when I do have the time, sometimes I am really into it, sometimes not. I can't explain it. But I will say, that even though I can and have stepped away from dressing for extended periods, the urge always comes back and when it does, look out wallet, Lacey is going shopping!

alwayshave
03-16-2017, 05:56 AM
Lucy, the need to dress has ebbed and flowed over the years. I would not worry about it.

XemmaX
03-16-2017, 06:29 AM
it comes and goes. sometimes im dressing very often and then suddenly a few months sometimes even a year goes by without putting on a dress. i guess just listen to yourself and your needs.

Teresa
03-16-2017, 06:32 AM
Lucy,
Having conversations with others it does appear members who have this ebb and flow do question their CDing need far more. It must be confusing and at times frustrating not knowing if and when it's going to hit you again. I don't have that problem it never goes away , the need is 24/7 and has been since it started so many years ago at least I don't have the confusion of when but how much more do I need and how far do I still want to go ?

GretchenM
03-16-2017, 07:41 AM
Hi Lucy,

Like others and you, I tend to be very intermittent. And it seems to be seasonal. Autumn and Winter the urges come on and stay until satisfied. Spring and Summer the urges come on, I get ready and Poof, it's gone. Why? I have no idea. But I have found forcing it only creates stress. So, I adapt to the pattern. But this only applies to the dressing. Most of the time the feminine is dominant irrespective of the clothes. To me, the dressing is just an expression and serves a need, but it is not the identity. The identity is there all the time, sometimes fairly pure feminine, sometimes ambiguous, sometimes, as the situation requires, a bit more masculine. We are all different and over time you find your own pattern. Nothing really to be concerned about - it is just you. But I have found among those I know that forcing is not a good thing to do. It can create some serious instability. Easy to fix - just relax and don't do that to yourself. The stress forcing causes can become very uncomfortable.

Gretchen

BrendaPDX
03-16-2017, 08:14 AM
Ebbs and flows, we all have them. Nothing for weeks or even months, then the SAs start smiling at you because you have been shopping so much in the women's section. I go with the flows and hope I am in the pink haze when I do actually get the time to dress:o. You are normal.

Rachel Toni
03-16-2017, 09:04 AM
I've lost count of my ebbs and flows. Sometimes I just want to put on a bra and relax and other times I want a full transformation, which makes me feel and act like a total woman.

I often veer from trying to dress every day (my current ebb) to going months without dressing and even all the way to purging (I can say from numerous clear outs - and throwing out some amazing shoes, dresses and heels - that a purge never stops the urge or the surge).

CONSUELO
03-16-2017, 09:59 AM
For me it still ebbs and flows a little but what I have noticed is that over the years the desire to cross dress has strengthened and the amplitude of the ebbs and flows has diminished and the onset is much less abrupt. In many ways that is very frustrating as I wonder if it would have been easier to deal with if the desire had been constant. One thing for certain with me is that it has never completely gone away.

When I was about your age I thought that I just had a fetish. I was so wrong and it took some time to learn otherwise. Looking back I wish the desire had been as strong when I was in my thirties as it is today. I think I would have had more fun.

Beverley Sims
03-16-2017, 10:40 AM
The ebbs and flows happen because of outside interests.

See a girl you want to hit on and the urge subsides.

Back to a boring mundane life and its all over Rover. :-)

Take note of the time that your interest wanes, usually some other activity takes precedence.