PDA

View Full Version : We have to laugh at ourselves sometimes !!

Teresa
03-16-2017, 09:00 AM
For some reason my thoughts went back to our Halloween party when I wore my short Union Jack dress . I was buying a waterfall cardigan from the lovely sale's girl from M&Co., she asked me to fill in some customer details for future special offers , I went to bend over at the table and said OH! She started to giggle then blurted out, " You can't bend can you !! " I started to laugh and agreed I couldn't bend in a short dress and 4" heels , I quickly found a chair and tried to recover some modesty but sitting in a short dress wasn't much better you could still see some of my stocking tops. After she'd recovered she said never mind with legs like those I wouldn't be shy either !

Sometimes I feel we should write these lovely little stories down and when our dressing gives us problems we can have a laugh at ourselves . This story came back to me when I was walking the dog, it just made me smile all the way home, I had to share it.

NancySue
03-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Absolutely true ! I believe being able to laugh at yourself whether dressed or not shows excellent mental balance. Life's too short...enjoy it. When I take videos of me walking in heels or practicing movements, I imagine how well I am doing. Then I watch the replays. We LOAO.

CONSUELO
03-16-2017, 10:04 AM
One of the moves you have to learn as a cross dresser is the decorous stoop when instead of bending at the waist to reach something low down, you fold at the knees and waist simultaneously to reach that lower shelf. On the positive side it is probably a better move as it puts less strain on one's back.

Beverley Sims
03-16-2017, 10:35 AM
What do you mean,sometimes?

Teresa
03-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Consuelo,
The table was the wrong height, if I'd stooped I would have been too low, it was the action as if in drab mode that caught me out and she knew that .
She is a lovely person and knowledgeable on makeup as well, we discussed how much lip liner to use so she touched mine up, overall she thought my makeup was pretty good .

I will add it's easy to fall into the habit of stooping it's not something men do as much, it's like stroking the skirt or dress smooth when sitting again doing it in drab looks slightly odd, I've caught myself doing both more than once in drab !

Bev,
I love the humour and sense of fun, when dressed or shopping and having fun with the SAs.

Tracii G
03-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Great idea to write them down.
I have had a bunch of funny moments and wish I had preserved them somehow.

Pat
03-16-2017, 07:54 PM
I don't laugh at myself -- I have friends that do it for me. ;) And occasionally strangers. Like that time I found out that even solid-looking manhole covers have a hole in them just about the size of a high heel...

kimdl93
03-16-2017, 08:00 PM
Absolutely true. I don't think any of us can venture out into the world without having a sense of humor as well as humility.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely true. I don't think any of us can venture out into the world without having a sense of humor as well as humility. Please note that I mean humility as the ability to be humble, not that we are in any way humiliating or being humiliated.

alwayshave
03-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Teresa, I really don't like people who take them selves too seriously and can't laugh at themselves. I laugh at myself all the time.

Geena Gee
03-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Okay, I believe that occasionally, we do have to laugh at ourselves. But I absolutely, positively draw the line when laughing gets combined with pointing.

-Geena

docrobbysherry
03-16-2017, 09:03 PM
I find myself laffing at Sherry all the time.:heehee:

Because the alternative is worse-----:cry:

Becky Blue
03-16-2017, 11:55 PM
Teresa, can so relate to your post, squashed in a taxi with a bunch of other girls in San Fran. We pull up outside a club with crowds standing around. I am on the curbside door, I have to somehow get my legs out and stand up in heels and a shortish skirt, not so easy but a good laugh.