PDA

View Full Version : Well, I did it!

Mark B
03-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Last week I checked my companies dress policy to see exactly what was stated. Men must wear proper business dress attire (tie and Jacket) except on Friday's where a more casual attire can be worn. No tie and jacket but also no jeans. I typically wear on Fridays slacks and a polo shirt as my casual attire. Women must also wear business attire as well. Most wear skirts and jackets and while a few wear high heel pumps, most wear 2" pumps or flats. On Friday the girls wear more business slacks and no jackets. So it's a pretty strict dress code. Our boss is very old school and I don't mind at all. In fact, it is one of the reasons I choose to work there. I personally believe that the business world is getting more and more casual and I don't like that trend.

Anyway, I have been wearing 3" heels to the office now for about 2 months and no one has said a word. Not even the boss. I had joked with a female co-worker that next on the list was me wearing a skirt to the office. Well, today being Friday, I wore something just a bit different. Granted, we had an unusually amount of people out of the office today so I knew that there would be less people around to interact with.

I got work a little early before most just so I can get settled in my office without being to noticed. But the receptionist was setting at her desk. She just looked and smiled and said the typical "good morning". I was in my office about 10 minutes when the receptionist came in and asked if I would show her my outfit as she didn't get a good look when I walked in. She called it a "surprised brain fade". So I stood up and let her look. She said that she wished her legs were as nice as mine and that I looked very nice. My secretary came in a few seconds later and just said "well, you did it and you look great!"

The rest of the day was nothing but compliments from the females and most males just pretended not to notice. One guy did ask if it was drafty and cold. I said the panty hose was warm and I haven't noticed any draft.

Here is what I wore today. It was a fun day, but wearing 4" pumps all day was hard. It's a big difference wearing 3" versus 4".

atxpantyboy
03-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Love it! And kudos to you for the bravery and good response. I, too, am a guy very interested in wearing skirts/heels/dresses in typical male mode. Thank you for your trailblazing efforts. :)

Jaylyn
03-24-2017, 03:25 PM
Your look is very professional and bet your feet might be sore in the morning unless your used to the four inch pumps. Glad everything went well today. Are you going to start pushing it even more?

Mark B
03-24-2017, 03:32 PM
Thanks. It was a fun day. I may do it more often only on Fridays. I'll won't wear my forms or wig to the office though. I prefer the man mode. I also need to buy some women's business suits. Shopping :brolleyes:

Sara Jessica
03-24-2017, 03:35 PM
You may be within the dress code but clearly your company is rather old school. Do they think this is a one time lark or are you blazing a trail here?

cosmolovesph
03-24-2017, 04:03 PM
Yeah I wondered too about "old school" and you bravely blazing this new path. You looked great and many of wish we were able to do the same.

kimdl93
03-24-2017, 06:40 PM
Good for you! You have shown courage!

AlexisWest
03-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Yea! you look great.

Lana Mae
03-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Congrats on your success! Yes, time for female business clothes! Best wishes going forward! Hugs Lana Mae

Angie G
03-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Martha you go girl.And you do have nice legs hun.:hugs:
Angie

alwayshave
03-24-2017, 10:44 PM
Martha, You are braver than I could ever be..

Mark B
03-27-2017, 05:29 AM
You may be within the dress code but clearly your company is rather old school. Do they think this is a one time lark or are you blazing a trail here?

Yes, I wanted to make sure I was well within the dress code. I actually enjoy it as well as most others in our company. I even suggested to the owner that if he wanted to maintain an old school dress code that we would need to compensate our employees. So now we all have a very generous clothing allowance. As for a "blazing a new trail" after having time to think about over the weekend, my new trail will be to in the direction of actually increasing our fashion statement. We are an engineering and manufacturing company and presentation amnd our company image is high quality and high standards. So like having workshops in what's new in clothing and having fashion tips from some local fashion designers. We have these workshops for other areas why not for this? As for as crossdressing at work, I will definitely do it again, but I will need to do it right. Such as nicer suits than what most of our women wear. Not to upstage them, but to increase the expectations. The same will go in man mode as well. Better suits, more colors, etc...

Martha you go girl.And you do have nice legs hun.:hugs:
Angie

Thanks Angie, as a pro ex-cyclist they are well defined, and my wife as most others think it my best asset.

Lauren Richards
03-27-2017, 05:46 AM
Very businesslike, very well done! Just wearing the 3" heels much of the time is certainly something I envy your being able to do (although I would likely stick to the 2" heels or flats).

Kudos to your company, and the acceptance you have received.

Lauren

deebra
03-27-2017, 01:55 PM
Martha you get a metal from me for having the *&%$# to do what you did. Can't believe your boss was O.K. with it and no bad noise from your co workers. You are very well dressed and covered, this should be accepted, just your personal choice in clothing. Everyone on this forum should give you high fives.

2BArianwen
03-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Martha, serious respect for your bravery. Whatever you drink, I'll have one, or two....

Rian

Pat
03-27-2017, 07:30 PM
This is awesome! It makes me happy to think that you're in the world. :)

Mark B
03-29-2017, 11:46 AM
I had a meeting with the boss today. :brolleyes: He said that there were rumors that I had worn a dress to work on Friday. He was not in on Friday so he did not get a chance to see me. I told him I had worn a skirt and not a dress and that I had worn one of my man shirts along with it. He laughed just a bit, and said "first the shoes and now a dress, where will it end?"

I replied that I might continue wearing skirts with jackets but he didn't have to worry about me wearing a wig or "female body enhancements". He then said that he had done a quick google search yesterday and found out it's more common than he thought. But then he also said that most pictures in his search showed queers (his words, not mine) wearing dresses. Only a few pictures had real men wearing a dress that looked normal as far as normal goes. He continued that he had been told that I looked very professional and not trashy, like what he found in his search and that there were no complaints. I then told him that when I do wear something again it will be nothing but respectable. He shook his head, but then said, ok if I keep it respectable he would have no problem with it.

Feeling on a roll, I asked about some workshops to help the younger employees with business dress decisions and updates on the latest business fashions and maybe some guidance on spending the clothing allowance we receive. His reply was "don't push your luck' with a smile of course! :battingeyelashes: Now I got to go shopping!

Karmen
03-29-2017, 12:15 PM
Well done! I wish I had the courage to do the same.

Alyssa Lane
03-29-2017, 01:11 PM
I always would wonder if this ever happens, people talk and within short time everyone would be like " did you see what he was wearing"
I work in a factory and you learn it spreads like wildfire.

Swottie
03-29-2017, 06:40 PM
I'd pat you on your back if I were there. I work in an office with very casual dress code, even the directors don't wear ties. Jeans with a shirt are the norm actually.

Sadly that's where casualness ends, a while ago there were rumours that someone who is a closet CD had accidentally emailed a colleague from his femme email address and quickly tried to recall the email. Then people started their gossiping and that there were photos of him in dresses online. It's really sad to hear normally good people being nasty (however unintentionally) to someone just because of their dressing habits.

Mark B
03-31-2017, 07:44 AM
I couldn't wait till Friday. So yesterday with my normal tie and jacket, I added a skirt and pumps.

It was just like a normal day at the office. Even the guys seemed more relaxed. I did have more female co-workers (more than normal) come by my office to chat.

Today is Friday, so a different skirt, but no jacket or tie. Pictures from today will added later tonight.

274951 274952

Linda E. Woodworth
03-31-2017, 08:43 AM
No if, ands or buts girl, You look fabulous.

That being said have you picked up any push back from the Females in the office?

This happened in my company when a new intern, female, outshone the regular women in the office. My companies dress code is business casual and the intern always wore skirts and heels. Almost all the other women in the office wore slacks and quite a few would fall in the "frumpy" category. The regulars filed a complaint against the intern.

I bring this up as you're talking about wearing nice/better suits than the other ladies in the office. I see that as competition and fear the claws may come out.

Something to consider.

In the end, great job and good luck!

2BArianwen
03-31-2017, 09:03 AM
Martha, again, you look incredible. Your legs are fantastic!

I, like Linda, would be interested to know whether you're somehow viewed as 'competition' by the GGs.

It's such a great way for you to start your weekend. Enjoy!!

Mark B
03-31-2017, 09:04 AM
Hi Linda, If any woman at our office dresses "frumpy" the other women will bring their claws out. :Angry3: It has happened. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that. But, so far everyone (men also) have been very nice about my change of wardrobe. Some girls have offered to take me shopping. Not sure if the wife would like that though. :straightface:

Linda E. Woodworth
03-31-2017, 09:39 AM
Hi Dear,
https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/newreply.php?p=4079520&noquote=1
Glad to hear about the acceptance so far. Your companies dress code is much stricter than mine, as you've explained. In fact when I have to visit the home office I always wear a coat and tie. (I've gotten nice compliments from the ladies about it as well). Nobody has ever asked/told me to dress down, although the way this outfit runs I expected it every time. Then again nobody sees my lingerie underneath......

I look forward to further updates on your ladies business suits and skirts at the office. I envy you very much for having the courage to do it. I'm not so brave.

Hugs,
Linda W.

Julia Welch
03-31-2017, 02:43 PM
Wow! ... that's a very brave thing to do ... you've got balls!!

karrin
03-31-2017, 06:24 PM
well done Martha, excellent presentation. karrin

Mark B
04-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Friday is less formal, so a simple skirt, pumps, and a shirt. I did wear a VS bralet that has lace up high in the front. One of the girls did suggest that I wear a full lace camisole as the white shirt was a bit transparent and you can see the skirt stripes though it. 2 consecutive days in 4 inch pumps. :whew!: My feet were a little swollen last nigh when I got home. My wife just laughed and said that "all women experience this, welcome to the club."

Wife and I will be shopping for a new suit this weekend. I may have to buy new shoes to match. 4" and live with it or 3" and be a bit more comfortable?

TracyT
04-01-2017, 11:50 AM
You are a hero. And you look spectacular.

Karmen
04-01-2017, 01:05 PM
You're so lucky. Understanding wife and your crossdressing was accepted well at work.

Beverley Sims
04-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Nice to see you are being accepted.

Gretchen_To_Be
04-22-2017, 02:33 PM
I really admire your chutzpah! I would love to do this. Maybe someday! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

Sara Jessica
04-22-2017, 05:49 PM
Catching up on this thread...

I guess you are in fact blazing a trail. Good for you. But like all of our friends in these pages who sport the "guy in skirt/dress" look, I admittedly have a hard time getting my head around it because like some (but unlike others), I happen to still subscribe to a gender binary mode of presentation.

What I don't feel is that you are particularly brave or heroic. Those are words I reserve for other uses. However, a word that I rarely use comes to mind...balls. OK, maybe guts is better. You have guts to do what you are doing but I have to assume you know your worth to the company and what boundaries you can push.

Regardless, you are a valid part of the world we all live in and I wish you the best in your adventures. I continue to learn when reading stories like yours and even though I'm not fully into what you are doing, I would never hesitate to break bread with you and give you a toast to who you are. You certainly seem to be more interesting than I.

Mark B
04-28-2017, 11:50 AM
Catching up on this thread as well.

UPDATE

I am now going to work in a skirt with pumps 2-3 times a week. Pumps almost every day now with skirt and pants. My wife wears heels all the time. She thinks it helps sell houses as well as presenting herself as a professional. Every Friday she gets a pedicure and a deep tissue foot massage. She has suggested that I start doing the same and come with her next time, but I had no time today.

I did take 2 of my man suits to a very nice woman tailor. When I told her what I wanted, she asked if I was having them made for my wife and that she would need to come in. I told her that they were for me. Then pulled my pumps out of a bag and said "and I'll be wearing these. So I showed her of a picture of me wearing a jacket, tie, skirt, and heels. She smiled and said something in German that I wasn't sure what it meant. I later asked the wife and she said, its like "sure Honey, we'll fix you right up". I having the pants tighten up in the rear and having the jacket shortened and also taken up several inches in the waist. She was so full of suggestions and ideas to feminize my suits. I'll get them next week before we leave for Texas. Can't wait.

Sara, I wouldn't say...balls. I just feel comfortable about who I am and I do know my value to the company.:straightface: I could wear jeans, a very strict no-no here and be the only one not sent home to change, but then everyone else would think they too could do it as well. But I enjoy our dress code. I enjoy the clothing bonus we get every year. So I will help enforce it.

LeslieSD
04-28-2017, 11:15 PM
Martha,

You are brave, and I can see that you are having a great time.

By the way, you have a wonderful supportive wife as well, who is as brave as you are.

Leslie

Pumped
04-28-2017, 11:39 PM
I do like the "man in a dress,(or skirt) look". You are fortunate to have a wife and employer to accepts your dressing.

I would love to wear just the heels alone with my normal men's wear! Heels would not work well where I work, up and down stairs, carrying freight, running the forklift, helping load and unload freight, nope, not going to happen!

Tracii G
04-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Very tasteful I see no problems with your look.

BettyMorgan
04-29-2017, 09:02 AM
THANK YOU for breaking gender stereotypes!
Your outfit is very appropriate and professional. I like the fact that all the women came to see you and they did that, I'm sure, to confirm the rumour that you know how to make clothing choices. Also, to see for themselves that a man was wearing a skirt to the office. By the third Friday, only the women who want to talk fashion will pop in and the rest will have gotten used to it. As for the guys, ya, they'll get used to it too as long as you are doing your job to a high standard and being kind to everyone.
Congrats.

mykell
04-29-2017, 12:22 PM
thoroughly impressed with your cohones, you look comfortable and professional.

i have purchased shoes here : https://julielopezshoes.com/shop/Catalog/Product/Emma-JLS4EM-Black-0055

they were discontinued, $85 can wear them all day, Italian leather and craftsmanship..... julie is a podiatrist :D so keep an eye out for some discontinued lines....

Lucy23
05-01-2017, 05:36 AM
I admire your courage, Martha. This is exactly what comes to my mind when thinking about combining men's and women's clothes, or dressing in women's clothes and wear it as a guy. It looks good, professional and respectable.

You own the look and it shows. Well done!

Lacey CD
05-01-2017, 06:26 AM
I think you look awesome and like others, I admire your gumption. As I've gotten older the desire to present as a woman has waned. I have no desire to be or look like a woman anymore, much preferring just being me in whatever clothes feel right at the time. You give me hope of a day in the future when men wearing what they want becomes commonplace.

softer side
05-01-2017, 01:29 PM
One of the girls did suggest that I wear a full lace camisole as the white shirt was a bit transparent and you can see the skirt stripes though it. Wife and I will be shopping for a new suit this weekend. I may have to buy new shoes to match. 4" and live with it or 3" and be a bit more comfortable?

Absolutely agree on the cami and 3" heel can make a statement while being more comfortable.
You're already appearing tall and lean; 4" might make you more imposing (ironically) to other men and feeling emasculated. Their insecurity might breed resistance to the new look. Only a thought, not necessarily an opinion.
I really like the outfits and presentation, you look great. I wish I had an occupation and the fortitude to dress as I pleased.

Sissy_Michelle
05-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Martha,

Congrats, on your new wardrobe changes for work. You look beautiful, however you should take up some of your coworkers offers to go shopping...

@--}-----
Michelle

Mark B
05-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Today was to be my last day in Germany, but I had a very good friend and co-worker pass away yesterday. :sad: I have been asked to stay till things settle down and to help find/train a replacement. My wife will still fly to Dallas Saturday after services to start her job next week so I will be alone for the next month or so. in the past I would have liked my alone time to dress, but since so much has changed just in the last 6 months, I will miss her a lot.

On a much happier note, I got one of my tailored suits yesterday evening and wore it to the office today. The jacket was shortened and given more shape around the waist. Also the pants were slendered up a bit around the legs and also taken up in the seat area. Happy with the result and only cost about 40 Euro. What do you think? Does it look just a little feminine? The wife doesn't think so. I think it fits much better than before. Sorry, no before pictures.

276372 276373

softer side
05-03-2017, 12:21 PM
The jacket looks nice but it's not overly feminine. I think as-is, it will look great with a skirt. To sell a more feminine look, consider a little more sleeve taper and metallic buttons on the front and cuffs.
The pants need a little work, the bunching at the ankles has to go. A wide leg pant falling clean just exposing the toe or a little more taper from the knee down and cropped at the ankle. I don't think the platforms or any chunky shoe give a great look for the cropped pants but that might just be my bias.
Any feedback from the ladies at the office on your suit alterations?

Mark B
05-16-2017, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the ladies at the office, along with my wife, thought the suit didn't look much different. I guess it's hard to change the look of a man's suit. Regarding the pants, I like the straight pant leg look with pumps. But you're are correct in that the length is not right, the length should be much shorter, so back to the seamstress they will go. I have decided that I'll stick with the skirts when wearing my jackets and tie. I now have some women suits, jackets with matching pants and skirts, but they don't look right with a men's shirt and tie. So I have been wearing them on Friday when a tie is not required with a simple blouse.

As for as the "chunky" shoes, the wife stopped me before I left the house and told me to change and wear my normal black pumps. :love:

Mark B
06-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Today is my last day at the office till November when the wife and I come back to Germany. I fly back home to Dallas tomorrow morning and happy to be leaving. It has been quite a exhilarating 6 months since I made my New Year's resolution to go out more dressed. My first time ever going out was late November of last year and it was just a quick walk to a local park during the day.

Pictures are from yesterday and today. Yesterday I wore my favorite blue jacket since I finally found a skirt that would match it. Then came home that evening to change into something a bit more comfortable to go out to dinner and drinks with some colleagues at the office. I just threw a T-shirt on and switched my shoes. My brown block heeled pumps, even though the same height, are much more comfortable than the stiletto pumps I wore to the office. The guys said I looked like Mr. Muscle in a skirt (Mr. Clean in the US) with the shaved head and the white T. The other picture was from today. White T with a lace camisole under and my only pair of open toed shoes. I haven't wore hose in the last week as I finally got some sun and color on my legs.

Now what to wear my first day on Monday back in the Dallas office? :)

277968 277969 277970