PDA

View Full Version : Are Belly Button Rings Gay?

genevieve_ohara
10-23-2004, 02:35 PM
My conversations with one of our sisters here (don't know if you want me to say your name since it was all on PM) leads me to ask:

If you were at the beach and saw a guy with a belly button ring, would you think he was gay? Or do straight guys wear 'em too?

I have one..and even though I think it's SEXXXXXY, I am in the closet, and bi...and I wouldn't want to wear a neon sign saying "Hey guys, just jump right on!"

Thoughts?

Thanks

G

Jennifer Ivy
10-23-2004, 02:40 PM
No, not gay at all. Probably painful, but not gay.

Julie
10-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Genevieve, I can't say I know the answer to your question but personally I couldn't care less about labels, if your belly button has a ring that's OK by me.

Why can't people worry about the serious things in life, enjoy your navel ring.

Julie J

babe4life
10-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I can't say that I have heard belly buttons are gay or not. But then, can't say I have often seen a guy with one. Interesting thought though :p

Love,
Vicky

Amelie
10-23-2004, 02:56 PM
So,, if I wear a belly button ring, guys will jump right on. I wish I new about this earlier, I would have had a ring years ago.
Love Amelie

babe4life
10-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Amelie, too funny for words!

Love,
Vicky

genevieve_ohara
10-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Amelie you crack me up

Love

G

Julie
10-23-2004, 05:15 PM
They are gay if they like only their own gender belly button ring. So if a male ring only likes other male rings, then that ring is gay but if he also likes female rings then he's bi, but if...........

"Julie! Why do you waste so much time on that stupid computer?"

Julie realizes corniness of her message and crawls away~~~~~~~~~~~~

genevieve_ohara
10-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Julie.... I hear you're opening in Vegas soon.

Love

G

Tristen Cox
10-23-2004, 10:16 PM
They are gay if they like only their own gender belly button ring. So if a male ring only likes other male rings, then that ring is gay but if he also likes female rings then he's bi, but if...........

"Julie! Why do you waste so much time on that stupid computer?"

Julie realizes corniness of her message and crawls away~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D
Julie you crack me up and Amelie too...LoL

Zee Harlean
10-23-2004, 11:32 PM
I am new to the group, so please pardonme if I ack a little awkward. So...
Oh come on girls, any of us (usually!) can tell who is a gay or a straight man, while they are still dressed! And if they are undressed, well then the choice really is yours, not theirs!

Seriously, I think that gender bending, CD, TV, TG, TS, and anything else we can come up with is much like looking at a single frame of movie film. The real living of one's life comes from the Motion (instead of that one frozen shot of motion) of what we do and how we live and present ourselves and When. For me, at least, the Greater Gender Community "pushes" "flow' into the world and makes such social contructions as "gay" and "straight" (see Foucault) nothing more than social constructions. Definitions of human sexual presentation, more often than not, are like a series of favorite dresses, we wear what we like when we like, and if it feels good, well then "we shake that thing!"

Anyway, while belly rings are cool, I, myself prefer belly chains. They accesorize well and I often wear one (when it doesnt accesorize) under by dress, skirt, or pants, because all day long it presents an endless gentle rubbing (not tickling or irratating) which feels mighty good! Its also very interesting to wear a belly chain during one of those intimate encounters.

And finally, if a belly button rings, do you pick up the receiver?

Zee

Allie
10-23-2004, 11:50 PM
I dont think it would be gay. Really its the person whos gay, not what they wear, say, or do. but thats just my opinion.
Allie

BiOpi
10-23-2004, 11:51 PM
So,, if I wear a belly button ring, guys will jump right on. I wish I new about this earlier, I would have had a ring years ago.
Love Amelie

I couldn't help but think the same thing.

DanaJ
10-24-2004, 07:45 PM
It's funny - this same subject just came up in another forum I read (a car forum) and the overwhelming majority all said the same thing - that guys with belly button piercings are gay, and that was from both guys and girls (all under 30 I think).

Small minds for sure..... and very sad.....

JoannaDees
10-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Twas, I who pm'd with G about her BB ring. I already do things that are "gay", including short shorts, shaved legs, tight lowrise jeans, a purse, etceteras. But those are more subtle. My question came up about what do you say to the kids and friends out on the boat, or at the beach? I'm sure I can get a "manly" style or maybe take it out on those days, if you can even do that for any amount of time (can you Genevieve?). However, it's the dangly, pretty ones that intrique me! Or, maybe I'll just get up the courage to reply with my standard, "Because I wanted to!".

I did see a video on the internet, searching for hex wrenches and I guess I misspelled it and got sex wenches ... really, anyway he had a star one. It gave me some courage to proceed down that path.

GraceUSA
10-24-2004, 11:32 PM
I dont think it would be gay. Really its the person whos gay, not what they wear, say, or do. but thats just my opinion.
Allie

I was conversing with a lady friend a while back talking about fashion and what not. During this conversion she asked me if I was affraid that others might think I'm gay. I thought about this for a sec and replied back, how do you know I'm not gay? She replied back, I know you're not gay and I had to ask her how. Because you don't act gay.

Gay and crossdressing are similar in that its whats inside that makes you not whats on the outside.

JoannaDees
10-25-2004, 01:11 AM
I was conversing with a lady friend a while back talking about fashion and what not. During this conversion she asked me if I was affraid that others might think I'm gay. I thought about this for a sec and replied back, how do you know I'm not gay? She replied back, I know you're not gay and I had to ask her how. Because you don't act gay.

Gay and crossdressing are similar in that its whats inside that makes you not whats on the outside.

Hmmm. What a coincidence. Had the same conversation with my neighbor this summer. She does not know about my cross dressing as far as I know.

GraceUSA
10-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Hmmm. What a coincidence. Had the same conversation with my neighbor this summer. She does not know about my cross dressing as far as I know.

I never told her but I think she's read me and I haven't heard from her since. About that time I think she was sensing it but wasn't sure.

babe4life
10-25-2004, 02:28 AM
Women's intuition is very real. Those that choose to listen to it can tell a huge amount about a person without anything ever really being said. My best friend (gg) knew from the first day about me. I never said anything, but when I eventually came out to her, she said that she already knew from our first meeting. How they choose to act on that knowledge or feeling is up to them completely.

Love,
Vicky

Abraxas
10-25-2004, 03:05 AM
I have no idea about male BB rings...

However, I had a conversation with my friend Anth, the time I told him I was TV. I was driving with him in the car to pick up our other friend Amber. I told him, "I've got something to tell you." Then I mumbled for five minutes and finally sputtered "I'm a transvestite". He said "I've got something to tell you, too. I'm gay." I replied, "No shit."
When we picked up my friend we told her our conversation, and she replied, "Well, I'm a lesbian." Turns out she's really bi. Or she thinks she is. She's a bit undecided.

So that was interesting. A few weeks later Amber and I went out with our friend Jayson and he mentioned he was bi. It seems I attract alternative- type people. I don't personally know any TG people. But, em... Anyway, later I was talking to Anth. He had always accused me of being lesbian, and I'm most definitely not. I asked him why he thought that, and if he still did. He told me that with his 'gaydar' he had picked up something on me but nothing specific. So he just assumed lesbian. When I came out, he said it all made sense to him. So, that was interesting.

Just thought I'd share. Not that it really has anything to do with anything, but... Yeah!

--Eddie