PDA

View Full Version : Hossted a ladies' Meetup, and woo hoo, 1000 posts!

Ceera
03-28-2017, 12:28 PM
On Sunday night I was the event organizer for an "LGBTQ Ladies Happy Hour" meetup, and with 11 RSVP's I had a total of 9 ladies show up for my event! There were two other TG ladies, and the rest were lesbian or bi GG's. We met at a local Pizza restaurant, hoping for good food and conversations. Unfortunately the restaurant had a 'battle of the bands' scheduled for the same night (which I hadn't realized when I first picked the time and place). It still went pretty well, with us listening to 4 bands, even though we could hardly talk to each other at all. Too loud, but a fun night.

Also just before posting this I replied to another post, and my post count here was 999, so this should be my 1000th post on these forums!

JenniferR771
03-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Good going, Ceera!

Thanks for your help organizing the community. Sisterhood is so important--so helpful to meet other accepting people. This is especially true if an unaccepting person has been in your world in the last two weeks. Employment discrimination is huge. Tremendous hurdle to overcome. Not to mention loud bands. We have something in common with bi-GGs. We both appreciate pretty women.

Lana Mae
03-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Congrats on your success(despite the bands!)! Sounds like a good time! Hugs Lana Mae

Julie Denier
03-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Congratulations! ;)

Aunt Kelly
03-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Pizza, girl friends, and live music. What's not to like? Congrats on pulling that event together, Ceera.

Jenn_8B
03-28-2017, 05:45 PM
Sounds like a fun evening.