PDA

View Full Version : Have You Wanted To Be A Bride

Melanie R
03-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Today I found pictures taken in 1992 when my wife and I, as Melanie, renewed our vows as two brides. We were among 10 couples who were married or renewed their vows in ceremonies performed by a retired Archbishop of the Catholic Church. This was history made in the TG community 14 years ago. We had a full ceremony complete with a designated father who walked both of us up the asle for the ceremony. After the ceremony we walked to a waiting limo with over 100 others in attendance throwing rice as we stepped into the limo. We later enjoyed our wedding cake and champaign. Melanie's hair was brown before she came to the realization that blonds have more fun. Now my hair is blond. Last year we celebrated our 25th Silver anniversary with both of us in formal gowns with 16 other TG friends crossing the Atlantic on a cruise ship. Life is so wonderful!

How many of you on this forum have been married or had renewal of vows as two brides or want to have this enfemme experience of a lifetime in the future. Pictures follow.

Melanie

SherriePall
03-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I haven't, but it is something I would love to do. I doubt it will happen because my wife is not supportive. Your wedding pics are lovely -- the two of you were beautiful brides.

Julie Avery
03-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Melanie, I think it's proof that mtf crossdressers are as diverse as any other group of people. It's not a thought I've ever had, but I think it's a wonderful idea for anyone who is drawn to it.

Girly Sara
03-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Being a bride hasn't been something i've been interested in but being a bridesmaid has crossed my mind (pink taffeta....ooooo)

Sara xxxx

Jennaie
03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Only in my dreams dear.;)

GypsyKaren
03-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I just want to tell you that's about the sweetest picture I've ever seen.

Karen

Shelby
03-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Theres a good chance that I will be invited to a halloween party this year nearby (I know, kinda early to talk about halloween). The hostess has already mentioned it to me. Well it turns out that my thater companies costume lady was given a newer looking wedding gown. She joked that it would probably fit me as I was preparing for a enfem show that I did. I already told her that if this party comes up, I'm going as a comical desperate bride in search of "any" husband. The only challenge I see is driving over in my big dodge ram truck while wearing a wedding gown. We'll see what happens this fall.

TGWife
03-05-2006, 09:30 PM
I knew right from the get go that my husband cross dressed. When we decided to marry this past Dec. I felt it was always very important for his dreams to come true as mine were to me. We had 2 weddings. Our wedding on Friday night was held for 150-160 people and Sat night was only for the ones who about his cross dressing and his desire to be a bride. We actually ordered seperate invitations and had an entirely seperate wedding. He had 3 bridesmaids and one of the bridesmaids husband who knew stood up with me as my bestman. I feel that I am very supportive in and accepting. I love him for who he is and if cross dressing is the worst thing he does than I feel pretty lucky!I will try to post a pic soon.

TGWife
03-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Here is a photo,enjoy :-)

Billijo49504
03-05-2006, 09:56 PM
That's a great idea, I got 4 yrs to plan for our 25th...BJ

Ms Alison Janes
03-06-2006, 03:01 AM
I,ve never worn a wedding dress but would love to. I think to go through a full church wedding ceremony dressed as a bride would be wonderful.

Jenny Warren
03-06-2006, 03:38 AM
While I have no particular desire to be a bride, I was once supposed to be a bridesmaid, or matron of honour.

Unfortunately, the wedding was cancelled but we did have some fun shopping trips trying dresses on for a while.

I was probably as dissappointed as the bride that the wedding was called off.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jenny

Sarah Rabbit
03-06-2006, 08:03 AM
I knew right from the get go that my husband cross dressed. When we decided to marry this past Dec. I felt it was always very important for his dreams to come true as mine were to me. We had 2 weddings. Our wedding on Friday night was held for 150-160 people and Sat night was only for the ones who about his cross dressing and his desire to be a bride. We actually ordered seperate invitations and had an entirely seperate wedding. He had 3 bridesmaids and one of the bridesmaids husband who knew stood up with me as my bestman. I feel that I am very supportive in and accepting. I love him for who he is and if cross dressing is the worst thing he does than I feel pretty lucky!I will try to post a pic soon.

TGWife, you are the bestest. Your S.O. is very lucky. I have never thought about being a bride until I came here and saw some of the other girls. I think I would love to do it:daydreaming: , but my S.O. was drugged up enough for the 'regular' ceremony:laughing: let alone a CD wedding.

Hugs, Sarah R. :bunny:

TGMarla
03-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Sure, I'd love to. Who among us wouldn't? Ah.....pipe dreams.

Jasmine Ellis
03-06-2006, 08:23 AM
MMMMM, yes please.

Taffy
03-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Desire to be a bride, no, but most definitely have wanted to be the flower girl and I already have the dress, shoes and veil for the occasion. After all, the only one who gets to outdress the bride at a wedding is the flower girl...

Taffy

Robertacd
03-06-2006, 09:18 AM
My wife and I were going to do that for our tenth aniversary, she already had found a dress and I had tried a few on.

But we deceded to go to Paris instead.

Mabey for our twentyth.:thumbsup:

KarenNY
03-06-2006, 09:20 AM
... but only for a professional portrait sitting! Several years ago, I had wonderful bridal pics taken by a GG photographer who did a real professional job. We both had a great time -- she knew I was a crossdresser, I met her in male mode a couple of weeks before my appointment, then I arrived en femme for my portrait sitting (in a nice blouse and skirt suit). I changed into my wedding gown and accessories and we did the portrait sitting. My only regret is that I did not have a groom to pose with!

Here are a couple of pics of me in my wedding gown...

Ms Alison Janes
03-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Beautiful dress Karen, you look really lovely.

JoAnnDallas
03-06-2006, 01:24 PM
We were among 10 couples who were married or renewed their vows in ceremonies performed by a retired Archbishop of the Catholic Church.

This really amazes me, knowing how the Church is about GAYS.
Otherwise, I think it's assume that you and your wife were able to renew your vows in that way.

Deborah
03-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Bride, wife, mother yes i'd like the whole package please. ;)

Nlenro-nu2
03-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi I'm Nlenro-nu2 and I've wanted to wear a wedding gown but I don't really want to marry anyone! It would be fun to do a mock wedding though.
Mock weddings are done in Theatres and on TV shows lots as you know especially on shows lile the Soap "Passions". I've never married as I never found the right person for me! Married life isn't for everyone! Oh you wonder what I'm wearing now? It's simply a ladies one piece blue swimwear
with yellow flowers similar to daffodils. This blue swimmear has both dark blue with splotches of pastel blue on it and some strokes of yellow. It's soft material cloth but not terry cloth as the material is stretchy like leather but it's not leather either. It's the most comfy piece of clothing I have.

Melanie R
03-06-2006, 02:41 PM
This really amazes me, knowing how the Church is about GAYS.
Otherwise, I think it's assume that you and your wife were able to renew your vows in that way.

This was a retired Archbishop who we think may have been kicked out of the Catholic church for being gay. Do not know since he has been dead for years.

In 1998 my wife and I were bride maids in matching dresses for a couple who were married as two brides in a church in Springfield, MO - the home of the Assembly of God denomination. This was an actual wedding perfomed by a minister. After the wedding there was a large reception in the atrium of a local hotel with 8 CD's present and 6 SO's. 8 local policemen partied with our group until 3 AM.

Melanie

rhondasxycd
03-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Karen you make a beautiful bride !! my exwife had a beautiful wedding dress... she did not know about Rhonda... But I played in her wedding dress numerous times !!!.. I couldn't resist all that lace and frilly beads !!! wish i had another for dressup playful fun !!

Staci
03-06-2006, 09:52 PM
I think wearing a wedding dress would be a lot of fun. It is something that a gg only wears once. It would be a great privelege to be able to wear a beautiful wedding dress ---- even for a day.

Angela Burke
03-06-2006, 11:22 PM
I was a pageboy three times and an usher once at my four sisters weddings.
I would have loved to have been a bridesmaid.
My mother was tolerant of my crossdressing, but there was no way I was appearing in church in a dress.
Although I did get to try on my sister June's bridesmaids dress she had for the first wedding we went to.

Karen you look absolutely stunning in those in those bridal pics.

Michelle2008
03-07-2006, 03:30 AM
Hi Melanie!

I would love to be a bride. I have found a local Bridal salon willing to give me a private bridal gown fitting. I am thinking of accepting their offer and then going to a professional photogtaphy studio to have my pics taken. I would be in heaven....elegant bridal gown, full bridal lingerie, wedding veil, tiara, shoes, full length satin gloves...the works!

Someday....and maybe when that day happens, I will get married on a Dignity Cruise. Ok, back to reality!

Take Care,
Michelle

Bliss GG
03-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Melanie,
Congratulations! I'm happy for you. And bravo to your wife, who is a braver woman than I. I'm a GG who is generally very supportive of my boyfriend's crossdressing. But one reason we aren't married is because I know that when he marries again (he's divorced) he wants to be married in a wedding dress. I just don't think I can handle that. Forgive me, it's a failing of mine, but I couldn't do it. I just don't want to go through a wedding ceremony with a man in a dress. And my boyfriend and I have gone out together dressed as identical twin girls on several occasions. I'm used to the fact that he gets more attention than I do when we both wear a dress in public. (Not that I like it, I like to have all the attention myself, but I'm used to it by now.) But a wedding. That's where I fall short. I just couldn't do it. Are there any other GGs reading this thread who feel the same way?

Sissy_in_pink
03-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Good on you Melanie and to your wife I’m green with envy.
Bliss, have you ever thought of getting married as the Groom and your boyfriend as the Bride, I have seen this done before in a magazine, even the Brides maids and Groomsmen changed places. This way you may feel a bit more relaxed, just a thought.

PS I would love to be buried as a Bride when I die, but I’m not in any hurry

KarenNY
03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Thank you Alison, Rhonda and Angela -- I appreciate the compliments.

Now Bliss said:

I'm a GG who is generally very supportive of my boyfriend's crossdressing. But one reason we aren't married is because I know that when he marries again (he's divorced) he wants to be married in a wedding dress. I just don't think I can handle that. Forgive me, it's a failing of mine, but I couldn't do it. I just don't want to go through a wedding ceremony with a man in a dress.

Bliss, perhaps you could do two weddings... I mean a real wedding where you are the bride and he is the groom, that would be for family and friends and would be the real focal point. Then later on have another "wedding" where he could be the bride, perhaps with folks you know from the gender community. This is just a suggestion. I have tried suggesting it to my wife who was at one time tolerant of my dressing but is now non-tolerant and would prefer that I not do it any more. She kind of hemmed and hawed about the idea and didn't really go for it. Then we had children and have not revisited the conversation. Before we had kids she might have gone for it, but not now.

Tiffany Anne 9954
03-07-2006, 12:36 PM
I'am wearing a wedding gown (see my avatar).
Being a bride has allways been my fantasy since I was a youngster. I've allways loved the beauty of wedding gowns with all that lace and satin.
My dream of being a bride became reality when i got the gown you see back in 1997 with the help of a cd friend who knew the owner of a ladies boutique.
I now own 2 wedding gowns and wear them when I feel the urge to dress pretty.

Christy
03-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Oh yes, its been a life long dream, when I see a beautiful women in a wedding dress I just can't help but think how I would love to be wearing that gown.

I have discussed the idea of renewal of vows with my SO who likes the idea and is very supportive, we just need to find a area away from our home, and a minister, church along with friends to attend , I can not come out on a local level. But without a doubt my dream of being a bride has been a life long desire.

Someday it will happen

Christy

Melanie R
03-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Oh yes, its been a life long dream, when I see a beautiful women in a wedding dress I just can't help but think how I would love to be wearing that gown.

I have discussed the idea of renewal of vows with my SO who likes the idea and is very supportive, we just need to find a area away from our home, and a minister, church along with friends to attend , I can not come out on a local level. But without a doubt my dream of being a bride has been a life long desire.

Someday it will happen

Christy

Christy,

We are looking forward to meeting you and your wife in the near future. An idea for a wonderful place to have a renewal of vows is on one of our upcoming cruises such as the October 29 or February 28, 07 cruise. We had one couple from LA who did a renewal of vows as two brides in the chapel of the ship on an Alaska cruise in 2002. Another couple are doing a renewal of vows on the cruise from London in July. The ship's captain or minister on board will do the ceremony. Needless to say being a bride on a ship means many of the other passengers want to attend. Peggy and I were brides maids on the Alaska cruise with the brides, Darlene and Carol. WOnderful experience!

Hugs,

Melanie

ChristineRenee
03-07-2006, 04:39 PM
I have two bridal pics in this forum in the Picture Gallery under The 2002/05 Christine Renee Picture Gallery...posts # 30 and 36. Enjoy!:)

Ipexx2
03-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Wow that great. Both very nice dresses.

Bliss GG
03-08-2006, 02:48 AM
Bliss, have you ever thought of getting married as the Groom and your boyfriend as the Bride, I have seen this done before in a magazine, even the Brides maids and Groomsmen changed places. This way you may feel a bit more relaxed, just a thought.

Hi Sissy, thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure I want to dress as a groom. Still, it might be better than if we were both in wedding gowns. I do have a masculine side, I just don't usually express it through clothing. Men's clothes are boring, in case you haven't noticed, but I think you have;)

I'll give it some thought...
Bliss

Bliss GG
03-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Bliss, perhaps you could do two weddings... I mean a real wedding where you are the bride and he is the groom, that would be for family and friends and would be the real focal point. Then later on have another "wedding" where he could be the bride, perhaps with folks you know from the gender community. This is just a suggestion.

I like that suggestion. Then I could get to be the bride (center of attention) at one wedding, he could have his day at another.

Reading your suggestion, I came to another conculsion about why I'm so reluctant. We really don't have many friends who would stand up with us or attend a wedding with him in a dress. Maybe a few would, just to be supportive, but I don't think they would be enthusiastic. Both our families would freak. My family doesn't know that I'm with a crossdresser; his doesn't want to hear mention of the fact, although they are well aware. So I'm reluctant to invite people to attend an event that would make them feel uncomfortable.

We need more friends from the gender community. Then your suggestion would work. I'm putting you on the guest list, KarenNY. ;)

HaleyPink2000
03-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Oh yeah! I'm in on this big time. I'd love to try it once with my Wife. That would be so fun. I'd also love to do the cruise thing for TG people. But I have never figured out how to find the cruise ships that have those dates, and who to talk to.

Oh, also I'd so love to be a brides maid some time.

Haley:)