PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Day of Visibility and Alyssa's Birthday

AlyssaJ
03-31-2017, 03:38 PM
Well today is Transgender Day of Visibility and as it turns out, it's now my birthday. Today I had my initial consultation for HRT. I fully expected I'd have to do some blood work and it would be a few days or a week or more before I could get started. Well I was wrong. Apparently the bloodwork my GP did for my physical last year was enough for my OB/GYN. She prescribed me an AA and an Estrogen supplement (both in pill form) and sent them over to my pharmacy.

Obviously I went to this appointment presenting as Alyssa. So on the way home I accomplished another first in honor of Transgender Day of Visibility. I stopped at the pharmacy in my little home town without changing. In other words, this was the first time that Alyssa has been out publicly (other than in the car) in my small town. Up until now I've only gone out in places in neighboring villages and such to avoid running into people I know. Well today I said to hell with it, I'll take my chances and suck if up if someone I know is in there.

Ultimately, I didn't see any familiar faces. Getting my prescription went smoothly and once I got home took my first doses! It's official, I'm now on HRT!!!

sterusjon
03-31-2017, 04:16 PM
Happy birthday!!!!!

chelyann
03-31-2017, 04:21 PM
way to go girl
enjoy the ride

Lauri K
03-31-2017, 08:23 PM
Like others have said Happy Birthday !! (Aries Rule)

So glad your HRT is off to a great start !

Today was another important date for our visibility, and I hope everyone was able to get out and be visible, I know I was out and proud today. Bad part was after 2 hours of electro I called it a day.

Georgette_USA
03-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Alyssa,
Congratulations on a step forward where ever your trip leads you.

My partner and I always celebrated our dates of SRS as our re-birthdays.

Pat
03-31-2017, 10:37 PM
Happy birthday, no-year's-old! I hope the time to 1 flies by for you. ;)

About being out and about -- you're starting the life you asked for; you have to live it now. Be strong, good luck and congratulations!

kimdl93
04-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Another congratulations, happy birthday and Transgender Visibility Day to you!

Dana44
04-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Happy Birthday Alyssa, and happy Transgender Day.

Christina Kay
04-02-2017, 06:54 PM
💥💥Happy Birthday and Happy Transgender Day of Visibility 🌈💥💥