PDA

View Full Version : Went to Doctor!!

ptp009
04-02-2017, 08:37 PM
So I'm in discussion with my wife she doesn't care if I dress not anywhere in the town and surrounding towns. She even said If I wanted she would support me taking hormones, but really didn't want me to. She said she just doesn't want any neighbors friends to know. One problem kid still at home for a few more months then little more freedom. She offered divorced but said she loved me and if we could come to an agreement we should be okay'

I got bold one day last month and wore panties bra and leggings to my DR/ARNurse. She was great about it said no problem and asked me if I wanted to be referred to a psy to talk about it. Get This Guys oops Girls I' in my 60's and my Psy is at the VA and I know her so I told her in her office without an appointment as I saw her in the hallway, I asked to talk private we went into her office her response Great! Would you like to be address in male or female pronoun. I am getting in my male but legging shoes nylons bra and have my first appointment with her hope it goes well, trying to keep it a little under wraps but can't hide everything the VA in my town but I will dress low keyed but female. I'll let you know what happens.:battingeyelashes:

Tracii G
04-02-2017, 08:50 PM
All I can say is don't go wide open throttle just because your wife "seems " to be on board.
You push too hard and I'll guarantee your wife will push back and there will be a giant shit storm.
There have been plenty of sob stories posted here about this so be careful.

Allison Chaynes
04-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Congrats on being open at the VA. I have gone to my regular VA doctor wearing a bra and she was nothing but professional. At the VA hospital once, I had no idea what they were going to do, but it ended up being an ultrasound on my lungs. I had to roll on my side and pull my pants partially down for her to get the angle she needed. Ultimately it was my first time for a medical provider to see or know I wore panties. She did comment, telling me she wore the same style and brand, but nothing negative.
The VA psych guy I talked to was an intern, we didn't discuss Allison but more about the rough time I was having dealing with medical issues and finding a real job again.

Beverley Sims
04-03-2017, 02:51 AM
As a word of warning, I must reiterate Tracii's reply, a lot of back tracking can come from your wife.

Women do change their minds.

Swottie
04-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Having read a few biographies of people transitioning, one common message is that when one person decides to transition, the whole family and friend circle are taken on the journey too, willingly or otherwise. The only difference is you know you are transitioning, therefore need time to adjust, but your family and friends too will come under enormous stress and equally need the time to adjust. You will go through periods of doubt, so will your family. We must not forget the person transitioning at least made that choice for themselves, for the family, the usually didn't ask for the stress and the hormonal changes, the grieve from society. They will arguably need to be equally strong or maybe stronger than you to cope. All the external pressure can make it easy for them to change their mind and give in to their family and friend's constant remarks of "i don't know why you put up with it". Don't blame them, they need just as much time, if not more to catch up to your way of thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Women do change their minds.

I know that's a light hearted comment but to be fair we all change our minds, hrt is a huge step, it's easier to give up than to ride an unknown wave for good knows how long.

Vickie_CDTV
04-04-2017, 01:08 AM
I can practically guarantee she is not happy about you going on HRT (or dressing in general), and she might just say what she is saying now because she wants you to be happy. She will probably change her mind as the changes take effect. This site is full of stories like this that end very badly.