PDA

View Full Version : High heels

Kathyhall
04-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Who likes high heels?
Now do you like them with a platform or not?
And how high?

Me I like about a 4 to 5 inch without a platform.

sara66
04-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Who doesn't like high heels?:heehee: I can walk in 4" but still refer 2.5" to 3". I also have a thing for pumps.
Sara

Aly Cat
04-03-2017, 08:25 PM
I typically wear between 2½-4 inches in my heel. My boyfriend doesn't like me being taller than him ;-) . I just bought these beauties...

Janine cd
04-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Three inch is my limit, but wish I could wear the 5 inch ones.

Spiritfox
04-03-2017, 08:48 PM
I have some 3" wedge boots. I like them so far

Nancie64
04-03-2017, 09:44 PM
:Most of what I have are 3". I have found as I get older, now just over 70, it has gotten harder to put on to many miles walking. My favorite pair is a nice pair of brown, 3" Candies, super comfortable. I have walked and worn these in Vegas for several hours. I did try a pair of 5" years ago but no walking in those baby's. I have to have pumps, hate open toed. At about 10 pair and that's probably enough. I have found that guess is nice and Kelly & Kate, all from DSW, super selection. :battingeyelashes:

Pumped
04-03-2017, 10:45 PM
High heels are my hot button. Pumps, platforms, stiletto heels are my favorite. I like platforms but not the ridiculously high ones, 1 1/2 - 2" tops, depending on the style. (although I would love to get, for play, an outrageous pair with maybe a 4" platform and 8" stiletto heel)
Right now I am wearing a pair of boots with a 4" block heel. The only high heels my wife will reluctantly accept. I can walk in a 4" heel, but it is about my limit. I would like to buy something a bit higher and see if I can work my way into them. I know a few years back when I started wearing heels a 3" heel was a killer, but I would buy something taller and eventually I could walk in them. A 3" heel for me today is not big deal, like walking in flats.

Petra-CD
04-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Love heels. I have seven pairs of various heel heights. My favorites are gladiator style with a 3" heel and a vinyl red boot with black flames and a 4" heel. I've been ut in public in heels three times and all three times I've struggled a bit. Much easier after losing some weight though.

Ceera
04-03-2017, 11:28 PM
I love them, and I can even dance well in heels, but I find I am wearing them less and less, as I copy what the GG's among my friends tend to wear when we go out for casual social fun. Few GG's wear heels today, outside of a formal setting. Still, I do enjoy wearing them when I go out to a nice restaurant, or when I am going to a fancy dance.

The stiletto high heels or tall heeled boots that I enjoy most have a 3" to 4" difference between the heel and the front platform. So 4" heels with no platform, or maybe a 5" heel with a 1" platform works well for me. I think my most extreme ones that I find at all practical have 6" heels and a 2" platform. Most of mine have no platform or only a minimal platform, as I am 5' 10" in my stocking feet, and the extra height only makes me even further above the heads of my peers.

Cassiek
04-03-2017, 11:45 PM
What girl doesn't love a cute sexy pair of heels. I'm personally a 4 inch stiletto girl. I wear them more than my wife. Love the feel of them the sound they make clicking on the ground. Just thinking of it I can't wait to get home from work and slip on my pink stilettos and cute multi colored dress.

Teresa
04-04-2017, 01:00 AM
Kathy,
I prefer heels because they complement dresses and skirts better, legs have a nicer shape even small heels can have that effect, my max is 4" after that it becomes inelegant , my comfort zone is about 3" . I have platform wedges but they are still waiting in their box for the right event to come along, at 5' 7" I can take a platform but most of mine are normal heels. I'm taking more care now when driving since I went back to a manual gearshift so I wear low wedges to drive in , I would hate to cause and accident by wearing heels.

Vickie_CDTV
04-04-2017, 01:09 AM
I usually wear 3" - 4" heels, though I'd like to wear even higher heels more often. The taller the better, if I can manage it.

As far as added height goes, I have no concerns. Tall women are fabulous!

pantyhoseguy
04-04-2017, 01:28 AM
I love wearing 5 inch Stilettos with out platform, I hate platforms they look so stupid in my opinion and look so weird. but I love wearing high heels they make me feel so feminine and I love walking in them.

Emma 1973
04-04-2017, 02:00 AM
I love my heels, who doesnt i guess ��
Usually i wear 3" pumps cause that feels about right for me, however if im wearing my boots i can go 4" quite comfortably

Misty Rae Pleasure
04-04-2017, 02:02 AM
Yes, yes and yes. I definitely have a thing for high heels as both a male and a pretty girl. I remember vividly buying my first set of heels and how I couldn't wait to get home to see how they felt and looked on me. High heels makes me walk like a lady and therefore gives me that feminine feeling I desire. Lately I can't get enough of platforms with 6" to 7" inch heels even though I am not the shortest. Boots - I love them (best not get me started) all colors, platforms or no platforms. So much for the short answer.

Lady Pleasure

SometimesKairi
04-04-2017, 02:06 AM
Hi ladies,
A question about heels.
I am quite tall. 5'11" and well, heels and me seem...I dunno...a bit much?

Are any of you lovlies tall and wear heels?

Georgina
04-04-2017, 02:14 AM
My favourite heels are just over 3" without platform. I have worn them all day, at home, without any discomfort.

Majella St Gerard
04-04-2017, 02:23 AM
I love heels, i usually wear 4-5in and sometimes 6in.

Stacy Darling
04-04-2017, 06:12 AM
I'll have be a Nay Sayer.
I'm already at 6' so 1/2" heeled sandals and Flats are in my comfort zone.
I've even had the heels on my riding boots cut down to about 3/4".
My bright Orange thongs (flip flops) go well with my Mauve nails though.

So even though I like to stand out, I'm going to stay under 6'1" ( Unless I become a Drag Queen that is! )

Stacy

Beverley Sims
04-04-2017, 07:02 AM
Me, about 2 to 4 inches without a platform.

I don't need to attract attention or twist my ankles.

Sarina Curtis
04-04-2017, 08:44 AM
I love high heels! 3-5 inches without a platform is my comfort zone. Although I have some 6 inch stilettos that always go on first after a long dry spell in drab.

SherriePall
04-04-2017, 09:15 AM
I stand 5-foot-10 and favor 3-inch heels or 2 1/2. Tall? I see many GG's my height or better. And I don't care. I'll wear my heels anyhow!

suzanne
04-04-2017, 09:56 AM
I'm over 6ft tall in my pantyhose, so there's no way I need the extra height. But I'm in love with how a nice pair of heels make my legs look longer and my feet look smaller. I have shoes in all different heights from 2 to 5 inches. I'm most comfortable wearing 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inch heels. Over 4" I find its getting a bit hard to walk, unless they fit close enough that my feet don't move around in the heel. In that case, though, they are so tight I can't wear them for very long. But as we all know, they look so awesome it's sometimes worth the discomfort, as long as we have a decent amount of time to let our feet recover!!!

A very wise friend/fashion guru told me to take along a second pair of lower, more comfortable shoes when I go out. That way, I have an escape when my feet start crying out for help.

Paula2
04-04-2017, 10:14 AM
I love my 4" heels!! I would wear them all day everyday if I had the chance..

Ceera
04-04-2017, 11:36 AM
SometimesKari, I am 5' 10", and close to 5' 11" tall. I also have a 40D-36-44 figure, so I'm roughly the right proportions, just 'scaled up' from the average girl.

I'm certainly taller than all of the GG's I hang out with, but I just wear my heels when I feel like it, and don't worry. Heck, when I was in college I dated a GG girl who was 6' 1" tall! And I have been friends with other girls who were as tall as 6' 4". So you and I aren't really any taller than the natural high end for girls.

The first time I went to a nice restaurant fully en-femme, and wearing 4" stiletto heels, the hostess who seated me was 5' 11" in flats herself, and she complemented my shoes and then she said enthusiastically, "I just love it when a tall girl wears heels!" She went on to say that the only reason she wasn't wearing heels at work was that their dress code required flats. I frequently get complements from GG's on my shoes, when I am wearing heels.

When I am out en-femee, I just accept that I am a 'big girl', and I rock it. When I tell people what to look for when they meet me, I often say, "I'll probably be one of the tallest girls in the room." So I say, "Own it and enjoy it!"

SometimesKairi
04-04-2017, 11:48 AM
SometimesKari, I am 5' 10", and close to 5' 11" tall. I also have a 40D-36-44 figure, so I'm roughly the right proportions, just 'scaled up' from the average girl.

I'm certainly taller than all of the GG's I hang out with, but I just wear my heels when I feel like it, and don't worry. Heck, when I was in college I dated a GG girl who was 6' 1" tall! And I have been friends with other girls who were as tall as 6' 4". So you and I aren't really any taller than the natural high end for girls.

The first time I went to a nice restaurant fully en-femme, and wearing 4" stiletto heels, the hostess who seated me was 5' 11" in flats herself, and she complemented my shoes and then she said enthusiastically, "I just love it when a tall girl wears heels!" She went on to say that the only reason she wasn't wearing heels at work was that their dress code required flats. I frequently get complements from GG's on my shoes, when I am wearing heels.

When I am out en-femee, I just accept that I am a 'big girl', and I rock it. When I tell people what to look for when they meet me, I often say, "I'll probably be one of the tallest girls in the room." So I say, "Own it and enjoy it!"

Thanks! :)
Heels are a little way off yet (I am poor lol) but it's something to look forward to trying

Alice_2014_B
04-04-2017, 11:54 AM
I love high heels more than just about anything!
I have a few pairs with no platform; over 90% of my heels are six inches high with around a two inch front platform.
A bunch of my pictures of them are on this site and my Twitter.
:)

SaraCanonmill
04-04-2017, 12:22 PM
I'm 6' 1" and while I've never wore heels out I have a small collection of platform shoes from 1.5" to about 4" and I wear them out in guy mode all the time and no one really bats an eye or says anything. I have a pair of platform heels that I'm tempted to wear out one day with just normal clothes since they're comfortable and cute but they're more like 6". Honestly though, as said above I've known many girls who are as tall as me or taller albeit a bit lankier haha.

DIANEF
04-04-2017, 12:48 PM
I have 4 inch heels I wear a lot in the house, but outside I go for about 2 inches max.

Tiffany in heels
04-04-2017, 04:59 PM
I say the higher the better. Although I don't want to be too tall when walking around. For me I prefer 5 inch heels with no platform. That way I'm not way up there and the flat platform held me walk easier.

Jenn A116
04-04-2017, 05:52 PM
I love heels. Being relatively short (for a guy) at 5'6" I could wear very high heels with platforms. However, I'm not a fan of platform heels. I much prefer the "standard" non-platform heel in a 3-4" height. Fortunately my shoe size is mostly a 8.5 in flats or 9 in heels, subject to sizing variations among the manufacturers, so I don't have much difficulty finding the right shoe in my size.

StephanieM
04-04-2017, 05:56 PM
I love the feeling when I first slip on a pair of heels.

alwayshave
04-04-2017, 06:49 PM
I have 2-3 inch heels. I have actually been considering kitten heels as the higher heels do hurt after a couple of hours.

Michelle55
04-04-2017, 11:47 PM
I love heels too. I'm 5' 11" and like 4 inch heels best, but no platforms.

When out in public I tend to keep it to 3 inch or less. Heels higher than that tend to draw longer and more intense looks on anyone at any height.

Diane Smith
04-05-2017, 12:04 AM
I always wear 4" to 5" heels (even in drab, whenever possible). I prefer skinny spiky heels and pointed, closed toes. I divide my time about half and half between boots and pump styles. Anything with an ankle strap gets my heart racing. I have no interest in flats or chunky heels, and only rarely will wear round or open toes, but there has to be a good reason.

- Diane

LaurenDeHart
04-05-2017, 03:31 AM
Love them. Prefer 3 to 4 inch heels but need to get a few pair a bit lower for more "practical" :heehee: purposes. At 5'9" I can get away with most heels but I stay away from platforms.

Lauren

BLUE ORCHID
04-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Hi Kathy :hugs:, With 150+ pairs of shoes and boots and probably 90% are 4" with some up to 6" and others all the way down to flats.

My two favorites are my 4" black Sling Back Pumps & My Black Ballet Flats...:daydreaming:...

Mollyanne
04-05-2017, 06:17 AM
My heels are of the 2 to 3 inch height, no platforms ever!!!!! When I'm wearing my 3 inch heels I'm 6 feet tall, just a "tad" to tall.

Mollyanne

Jillian Faith
04-05-2017, 07:31 AM
I don't care for the platform look. I can walk in 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 inch heels depending on the shoe. I become extremely unstable in 5 inch heels.

Alice B
04-05-2017, 11:51 AM
I love high heels and 4" is the max height. But, now I can no longer wear them and had to give away several pairs. Some that had never been worn. What a bummer.

Tamsin Secret
04-05-2017, 02:18 PM
For me heels are the most feminine part of my dressing so a must! Well that's until i started messing around with make up.... 😂

ClosetED
04-05-2017, 03:19 PM
I am 6'2" and I still love the 5" stiletto heels. They make my legs look even better, but if I begin to go out in public and walk around, I would probably drop down to 3" or even my ballet flats. But just sitting at a table or bench, the taller heels look great and the height would not be as noticeable.
Hugs, Ellen

StacyCD
04-06-2017, 03:59 AM
I find that wearing shoes with a 1/2 inch platform are much more comfortable. 4" spiked heels are the usual suspects.

phlover
04-06-2017, 04:23 AM
I LOVE stiletto heels over 5 inches. But, as you know, it's quite hard to wear them for a long time.
More practically, I wear stiletto heels with the heels between 3.5 and 4.5 inches.
The heels in my avatar on the left hand have 4.5 inch heels, which have my most favorite style with sleek noses and pointed heels.
Sometimes I'm attracted to some stylish platformed heels, but they are not so much attractive to me as the stilettos without platforms.
I hate wedge heels or flats.... haha
Anyway, it entirely depends on personal tastes, and I hope I didn't hurt other members with different tastes.

savannaxdrsser
04-06-2017, 09:23 AM
I got my first pair of heels maybe 5 years ago, was very excited about it and found that i could walk in them quite well. Since then I so enjoy wearing heels, nothing more than 4", they just add a lot to the look and feel, and for me feel very natural.

Jeanettew
04-10-2017, 05:49 AM
I was so excited with my first heels they were about 4" but i was so surprised how easy they were to walk in so I have quite a few 6" and love them

KPhenil
04-10-2017, 03:01 PM
I have heels that range from 3.5 inches to 6 inches (both with and without platform). Being in the closet, I wear them at home in an effort to get used to them. I actually find them easy to walk in without much discomfort. My favorites are a 6 inch black suede with a 1.5 inch platform. Just wearing them make my feet look smaller.

kymmieLorain
04-10-2017, 03:58 PM
I have a pair of each, platforms and stilettos. I prefer stilettos. Mine a about perfect at about 4". My platforms are 2 1/2 to 3" I also have pumps with a 2" heel. As other have said. I love heels. I need to get more. But I cannot see paying over 40 for shoes I wear only a few times a year. So I search for bargains.
I really never had any problems walking in heels. I guess I have good balance.

Kymmie

GenevieveF
04-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Heels were my first purchase years ago. I have mostly 4 inch but two pair of 5 inch. I love heels!

Vertipro1
04-15-2017, 12:06 AM
So the very first item I ever bought for myself was a pair of 4" silver/glitter heels. I believe they are the photo in my avatar. after so many months my wife found them and we had quite a falling out. needless to say they are no longer in the house. I now own a pair of 6" black stilettos. I absolutely love them. I have gone for walks in my neighborhood late at night but I cannot venture too far.

DanielleDubois
04-16-2017, 12:41 AM
I may be vain but just feel my legs look so more feminine in at least 4 inch heels. As a sidebar has anyone tried Insolia inserts which are supposed to make walking in heels much more comfortable?

Michelle Crossfire
04-20-2017, 01:25 AM
Heels? Who does not love them. Most of what i have is in the 4" range. The highest pair I have are 4 1/2", usually nothing below a 3" for me. Makes legs look more feminine and are alot of fun to parade around in. I think i have over 20 pair (is that alot?)

- - - Updated - - -

I may be vain but just feel my legs look so more feminine in at least 4 inch heels. As a sidebar has anyone tried Insolia inserts which are supposed to make walking in heels much more comfortable?

I am not sure about Insolia inserts, but i do use these and they are great for walking in heels

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272251751586

Kyle20
05-09-2017, 08:01 PM
You are right who doesn't like heels. I have never heard of Insolia inserts before i will have to look them up. I have several pairs of heels 4" mostly. My GFs would like me to get this pair of tan platforms they think i would look good in them. I mainly have been wearing ankle boots with a small heel. They would be my go to shoe.

stephanie2000
05-10-2017, 02:19 PM
I just love heels, probably the most of all the dressing attire I love heels. being 5'7 with shorter legs they really do make my legs look a lot more sexy. My only hangup is the pressure it puts on my joints - knees mostly. Perhaps I need better heels.
Hugs
Stephanie

Dana44
05-10-2017, 02:45 PM
My favorite heels are the platform six inch heels. Wore them first time out. I have many heels and sandals. I lke all of them, but I have several heels that are five inches at least. I don't like the 3 inch heels. The higher the better.

cosmolovesph
05-11-2017, 12:04 PM
I typically wear between 2½-4 inches in my heel. My boyfriend doesn't like me being taller than him ;-) . I just bought these beauties...

Those are so cute, as to my heels - 2-3" and occasional 4" and I do have one serious platform ones even higher, but not often worn.

Maria in heels
05-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Well I just LOVE my heels! I have so many pairs, and most of them are 4 1/2 to 5" no platform shoes, with a few 5" and 6" heels with and without platforms mixed in. I have the usual pairs of boots as well, and several pairs of ankle boots too. Nothing makes me feel more feminine and accents the look of your legs than a pair of sexy high heels!

MonicaGirly
05-12-2017, 12:37 AM
I love wearing heels, although my favorite pair of shoes are actually wedges. They're extremely comfortable, match my purse, and are much easier to walk in. More importantly, they're so darn cute!

Mickitv
05-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Are you kidding I love wearing heels. They always add the finishing touches to the outfit you love to wear.

~Joanne~
05-13-2017, 05:57 PM
Seems like a silly question to ever be asking on a CD forum lol ;) I love my heels, very important part of my dressing. usually I prefer 4" to 5", if I am going to wear them all day, 3" works and I have plenty of 6" heels to chose from. Personally I would prefer them not to have a platform but as that was/is the style while I was buying them I have quite a few plats.

faltenrock
05-14-2017, 05:39 AM
I love classic high heels, I wear only high heels with 3-4", almost only black.
I'm only 176 cm, I fit in quite well as I meet taller women when out.

Elizabeth G
05-14-2017, 03:52 PM
I love heels but being 5'10" I limit them to 3" if I'm going out. If I'm just at home then I'll go to 4" just for fun. I'm not a big fan of platforms myself.

Devi SM
05-14-2017, 04:09 PM
I found that we generally call high heels to any shoe with heel but I found that there's a difference between high heels and wedges.
Hi heels are harder to wear and walk with but sexier and elegant than wedges that are more relaxed and easier to walk.
Wedges can be higher and more comfortable than high heels...

mona lisa
05-15-2017, 04:42 AM
I love high heels!

Not a fan of wedges though.

Angie G
05-15-2017, 08:04 AM
I love heels wear the @ home almost all the time with a Platform or not.:hugs:
Angie

sometimes_miss
05-17-2017, 03:16 AM
I like them but they don't like me; walking in them hurts my knees. So i restrict wearing them to times when I won't be walking much. Doing so, only increases the feeling of wearing something specifically female all the more when I have them on. Which is nice, because the rest of my 'girl' clothes feel normal to me nearly all of the time.

Glendy
05-17-2017, 07:25 AM
I just love high heels 3 to 4 1/2, if I could I would wear them every day.

Michelle Cheli
05-17-2017, 08:25 PM
I own several pairs, and each has it's time and outfit to go with it. But my absolute fave pair is a pair of 3 1/2 inch black strappy ones. They can go with a lot of looks.

Lana Mae
05-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Kairi, some of the girls here are over 6' and still wear heels! There are some genetic females that are over 6' tall! It's no big deal!
I tend to stick to no more than 3" heels but have a pair of 4" heels! Not out much and with daughter home do not get much practice! Hugs Lana Mae