PDA

View Full Version : basic first aid/CPR class

JessicaB.
04-04-2017, 04:10 PM
So I'm going to have to take a basic first aid/CPR class for work tomorrow and I'm worried that I will have to raise my pant leg up, so someone can put on a bandage or something, and they will see i shave my legs. Anybody got any suggestions on what I should say if I'm asked about it? I can't lie about swimming because it has already come up in the past I don't like swimming, and I've thought about the whole "it was a dare" thing but I don't think anything I would say following that would be believable. The only thing I can think of is if I said "I had some iffy looking freckles removed last weekend and instead of having patches on my legs I just shaved it all off" But is that believable?

Thanks!
Jess

Rachael Leigh
04-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Just say I like to manscap and really don't like leg hair, that's my story and I'm sticking to it

SaraCanonmill
04-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Yeah I mean I don't think it's that big of a deal, I doubt anyone will even say anything I shave my entire body including arms and I have very dark hair so I feel like it's obvious but no one ever says anything about it at work or otherwise. I don't think people tend to notice and even if they do I doubt they care.

JeanTG
04-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Tell them you've taken up cycling in a big way.

Teresa
04-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Jess,
I've said this before but stop feeling guilty about shaved legs, far more men than you realise have little or no leg and body hair, they don't feel guilty about it and no one thinks them less of a man .

Laura912
04-04-2017, 05:30 PM
They will be pounding on your chest and if any IV's are started or pretend started it will be in the hand or arm. Relax. Have fun.

Micki_Finn
04-04-2017, 05:31 PM
I say just have a good shave and if anyone asks just tell them that you just don't grow much hair on your legs. My dad was blessed with such a condition. Was always jealous of his naturally smooth legs.

Jackiefl
04-04-2017, 06:12 PM
If someone makes a comment or asks why you shave I believe the answer should be (BECAUSE I LIKE IT). The end.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the answer if anyone asks about shaving your legs or why no leg hair is (BECAUSE I LIKE IT). The End

Linda E. Woodworth
04-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Unless this is some very advance class I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I've taken both Red Cross basic first aid as well as CPR. As I under dress all the time I'm very conscious of when I have to refrain from indulging in my lingerie. 99 times out of 100 I've blown my fears all out of proportion to what actually happens.

There won't be anything to do with the legs for CPR and while you "may" practice bandaging and pressure points I doubt very seriously anybody will be using a "naked" leg as a teaching tool.

Relax, enjoy the class and if anybody asks own up to it and say "I like it that way!"

alwayshave
04-04-2017, 06:36 PM
I'm going on Vacation Easter week and I don't have any hair on my arms, legs and torso. I'm my step daughters will notice, but it is really none of there business so I don't care. Really is it anybody's business.

JessicaB.
04-04-2017, 06:47 PM
You all make a good point about not making it into a big deal. But it's more so like I feel like I need a reason that I shave my legs because I work a job where the men are old fashioned and think things like shaved legs or another example would be pierced ears is feminine and unmanly and a reason for judging and questioning. Just needed a little advice on how to handle the questions when they come because I do tend to over think things and cause myself to worry.

JenniferMBlack
04-04-2017, 07:58 PM
I was asked once when I worked in.constrution. my answer was this. Because i like my legs without hair. No more questions were asked.

Suzie Petersen
04-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Jessica,

Frankly I think the more you try to come up with a cover story, the stranger and more suspicious it will sound. First of all, I think what others have already said is likely true, nobody will say anything. Second, if someone does say something, just tell them you like it better like this!

But if you really want to have a prepared statement at the ready, then how about one of these:

a) "The Chemotherapy was very tough for me. Fortunately most of the cancer is gone by now!"
b) "After the Alien Abduction it just fell out! But other things got a lot bigger!! If you know what I mean! Wink Wink Nudge Nudge - Say no MORE!!"
c) "Not sure what happened but we were in Roswell last summer, so ..."
d) "My mistress is very specific about that!"
e) "Why are you so fascinated by my legs? Are you gay or something?"

;) Suzie

Teresa
04-05-2017, 12:56 AM
Jess,
I did post a while ago about being concerned over visiting some friends in Alicante, if the plan was to go swimming then they would see my whole body was shaved , I grasped the nettle and Emailed them explaining why and sent them a picture of what I looked like dressed , they were fine about it . The outcome was it was far too cold to swim and they hadn't planned to go to an indoor centre, so I came out for no reason but we are invited back later in the year so the problem is sorted now anyway.

Krea
04-05-2017, 06:03 AM
Hi Jess,
I'm sure it will go just fine.
Most people wouldn't even think twice about a bloke with hair free legs.
If they do mention it you can simply tell them that you prefer smooth legs, end of story.
Alternatively, you can say that your legs are naturally like that - mine are, below the knee.
Enjoy your class!

Just Nikki
04-05-2017, 08:28 AM
I really wouldn't about it Jessica, I had to re-certify every year in my last job and never had to show my legs. And even if you do, I'd give you real good odds that no one would ever give it a second thought.

~Nikki

NancySue
04-05-2017, 09:32 AM
I shave my legs as I wear hose as often as possible along with other items. I've had only one experience where a person noticed my shaved legs and had the nerve to ask me if I shaved my legs. My calm response was that "yes, because I sometimes wear compression hose and the Dr. suggested I shave for the maximum effect " to which the response was "Oh". Nothing more was said.

Steph65
04-05-2017, 11:43 AM
In all honesty why worry it is putting undue stress on yourself and you will not be totally focused on the task at hand which basically your better off to stay home and shave your whole body and get dressed. Really ? worried about shaved legs? I was in the army for 8 years and because of the material and the socks I got no hair on my legs. I was asked and said thats the army for you. Honestly you owe it to yourself to not worry about some petty thing on a very important course that will teach you to save a life and not worry about nicking yourself shaving. Get the idea of who gives a rats ass attitude. Simple.

Alice B
04-05-2017, 11:46 AM
No one will say a thing or give a hoot and if it is a female she make compliment you.

SometimesKairi
04-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Yup, nobody will care.
You may get a joke about them but then who cares.
Lots of guys shave their legs for whatever reason they want

Swottie
04-05-2017, 07:51 PM
I once visited a competitive swimmer for a wedding consultation at his home, it was summer and he was in shorts. I did not even notice his legs were hairless until way into the consultation when I remembered his swimming, only then did I see he had no leg hair.

Oh, and I don't expect a basic first aid / CPR course to go into bandaging a leg either.

Beverley Sims
04-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Just say nothing, no one will notice, mine have been hairless since I was twenty.

Ineke Vashon
04-05-2017, 09:40 PM
I've always been hairy, blond. I have shaved my legs, arms and chest for the last five years. Not a soul has noticed, or commented, even friends that have known me for more than forty years.

I did tell an anesthesiologist last month that I took care to shave my hands, knowing he'd tape an IV needle to a vein. He said that was a smart thing to do (it can hurt when they pull the tape off).

Ineke

Kelli Jo-ann
04-06-2017, 05:41 AM
I went for a stress test once and the nurse said "good you came prepared. shaving makes it a lot easier to stick the probed on and get them off"

JessicaB.
04-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all the advice! It went fine and you all were right and nothing happened. It actually ended up being more geared towards CPR than first aid. But it helped that I had an answer if it came up and if it ever comes up I will know what to say.

Thanks ladies!
Jess :)

Jenny22
04-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Glad it went well. Here's an option..... because my wife (SO) doesn't like my hairy legs, in bed.