PDA

View Full Version : Another Keystone posting

Michelle Crossfire
04-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Hello all,

As many of you have already noticed, several Keystone posting have made their way here. Now i wish to add my experiences to Keystone, which i attended this past year. It was my second one that i attended, having attended my first one back in 2016. Three days of dressing and not having to be concerned about what people think. I altered my way into Harrisburg, as the Pennsylvania Turnpike is rather expensive. $6 from the PA line to Pittsburgh, and then another $25-30 from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg. And that is one way, so double that for the return home. Also have to add the turnpike tolls i encounter in Ohio, which are not nearly as much. So i avoided the PA turnpike, and my wallet was very pleased. Anyway, As was the case last year, i started it all off with bingo. While i won second prize last year (a $250.00 gift certificate for make up and photo shoot at her studio in Bethlehem, PA, which i still have not been able to use - ANYONE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT OFF ME???), i did not fare as well at bingo this year, having only won a teddy bear on a trivia question. For some reason, i remember the pizza at last year's bingo to be much better, this year it was just plain awful. Some socializing afterward and then retiring for the night and prepare for Friday. Took a few seminars (how to get read in 10 seconds or less (the one thing i remember is how to minimize the space you take up by standing more sideways, and a wig fitting, in which the vendor tried on a short reddish wig, Raquel Welch styling to it and everyone in the room liked it. I probably should have gotten a photo of it for reference, but didn't think to at the time. Dinner at the Firehouse restaurant in downtown Harrisburg, starting off with a sausage and chicken noodle soup, which was actually pretty good. Main course of chicken with a Jack Daniels and coke glaze served over Jasmine Rice. Quite delicious, but the chicken pieces were rather small. Maybe they went from being hatched right into the pan, not much bigger than that. Desert consisting of Apple Caramel Cheesecake. Back to hotel for more socializing. Saturday was more of a free day to do whatever. Not sure how, but both headlights on my car burned out at the same time, so i had to get that fixed. After that, went back to hotel to get ready for day's activities, some shopping and then the gala in the evening. Earlier in the day, sat and chatted with mikell, GretchenJ and JamieG. JamieG posted a few pics from that time on her site. Ran into Lisa Smith several times, she seemed like the unofficial photographer. Kudos on her getting a good deal at a nearby hotel. Saved quite a few $$ with that deal. Sat with a nice husband and wife couple from Connecticut and we shared stories of our jobs, which while different, we have similar stories to tell. The wife (a GG) was a nurse and i being a medic were able to talk about our experiences. Made the typical joke about my job (EMS - Earn Money Sleeping), which is at times, quite true. The food was delicious and the conversation was enjoyable. Always nice to get away for a few days and unwind and relax. For the bingo night, the 1st photo, a purple blouse with black skirt and black 4" pumps. The 2nd picture was what i chose to wear to dinner at the Firehouse. It was a blue dress I got at Penneys (actually my wife bought it for me) paired up with a pair of beige 4 1/2" heels (my highest pair), which made for a challenge going up and down on the steps on the bus, but enjoyable nonetheless. The third picture is just sitting in the lobby just prior to the gala on Saturday night and the 4th picture is inside the gala. Chose to go with a simple look, nice and somewhat fancy black dress paired with a pair of 4" black pumps and a newer wig i got just prior to the trip. The 5th picture is a nice blue peplum top with black skirt and a pair of 3" wedges with ankle strap with a Nine West Purse. This was my out and about outfit for the day. The weather was rather pleasant during the entire time. Hopefully will be able to attend again next year. If you have not been able to attend, i highly recommend attending at least once.

BLUE ORCHID
04-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Hi Michelle:hugs:, Great pictures It looks like you were having a great time...:daydreaming:...

LaurenDeHart
04-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Looking good Michelle. You have a wonderful smile. I'm kind of jealous reading all these Keystone stories.

Lauren

Allison Chaynes
04-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Great looks! Sounds like a blast.. I think I have my wife almost talked into doing Diva Las Vegas with me in the future!

Lana Mae
04-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Looking good, Michelle! Glad you had a good time! Thanks for sharing! Nice pics! Hope to go next year! Hugs Lana Mae

Julie Denier
04-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Sounds like you had fun! Nice outfits, great pics ;)

krissy
04-06-2017, 08:26 PM
You look great in all your outfits the best look is the black dress WOW!! .Enjoy it you look marvelous:cheer::cheer::cheer:

alwayshave
04-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Michelle, very nice. Sounds like a great time.

S. Lisa Smith
04-06-2017, 09:46 PM
It was a blast seeing and visiting with you. I'm glad that you had a wonderful time. I was disappointed in my meal at The Firehouse.... Anyway, here is another picture of you at the Gala. There is another one in Mikell's Keystone Picture thread.

Michelle Crossfire
04-09-2017, 09:44 PM
It was a blast seeing and visiting with you. I'm glad that you had a wonderful time. I was disappointed in my meal at The Firehouse.... Anyway, here is another picture of you at the Gala. There is another one in Mikell's Keystone Picture thread.

Great to see you again too Lisa. Nice job on the hotel deal, saved $$ on that one. What did you not like about the Firehouse dinner? Hope to see you again and everyone else next year.

S. Lisa Smith
04-10-2017, 12:43 AM
I had the salad with fresh tuna. You needed a microscope to see the tuna. It tasted fine, just wasn't worth the money.

mykell
04-10-2017, 07:07 AM
hello EMS crossfire,
it was a pleasure meeting you at keystone, have not seen my e-z pass bill :eek:

i never expect the fare to be impressive at a local establishment such as the firehouse, what annoyed me was the initial reaction from one of the ill assume local patrons as we first entered the establishment, not to friendly :Angry3: and it went fairly unnoticed as i held the door for folks to enter, usually in a themed eatery as this im inclined to wander and check out the decor but felt that staying in my seat was a better option.

the food at the Sheraton was absolutely delicious so if its your first time buying the package of meals and seminars it will be worth while :) for me if i have the opportunity to attend again i will pear it down and hope to get in some day trips to local areas and shopping.

michelle that wig was a stunner on you, wish i had thought to snap a picture of you, you seemed fairly disinterested in it but the whole room cant be wrong, the red color also went well with you as we all agreed.

ive stated this as well, if the opportunity to attend an event such as this ever becomes an option take the plunge, it is well worth it.

you have some nice outfits michelle, lovely photos. nice to see that vase of flowers made it in one also, many of us stood in front of the entrance table with them and blocked them.:D

Michelle Crossfire
04-20-2017, 01:32 AM
Thanks Mikell, now i am giving a little more consideration to wigs like that one that i tried on. Who knows, maybe i will get one someday.