PDA

View Full Version : Love, Respect & Friendship

Victoria Pink
03-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Been doing a dangerous thing.... I've been readng a book called Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerich. It has made me think about a lot of things and so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts.

First, I highly recommend this book. It can teach us a lot about our relationship with girlfriends and spouses. For one, the women want to be "loved" while the guys want "respect". Guys have to work at giving love and women have to work at showing respect and this struck me as so true.

When I read some of the threads on thie site I see that as guys we want respct from our SO's. This includes still having their respect when we share with them our desires and need to wear woman's clothes and express or let out our feminine feelings. That is very hard for many women to do because they have grown up learning to "not respect" a man who is feminine.

At the same time we could help the situation if we could learn to love our spouse the way we should, and the way they want. For example a good point was made in the book that we should not try to FIX our spouse's or gf's problems when they come to us. Instead try to be a listening ear and support them in their worries, concerns and anxieties.

BUT now, some thoughts from a cd'r....

Here we sit in "limbo"... For example as a guy I want to feel and have my wife's respect. I don't want her to put me down or belittle me. Rather I would want her to see the good in knowing "all of me" from the heart.

However, as Victoria I want to feel loved.... I want to have friends.... and that is very difficult to find from a spouse or gf.

Some cdr's have experienced their mother's love... because most times a mother's love in "unconditional". She will often times support her son as a crossdresser, even though that may be very difficult for her at first. BUt if the son opens his heart, she will usually love back.

For a gf or wife, it is different... most do not want to be married to a woman, but rather a guy. It is very hard for them to think of their guy as being a girl. Very few are able to do this, and even those that do "have their days" with it!

As a guy I have lot's of friends.... BUT, if they saw me as Victoria, that would all change.... even though I am the same person, just in different clothes. On the other hand, my 3-year old daughter saw me dressed both ways several times and she treated me no different, except to sometimes admire the feeling of the dress or blouse material...

So, as Victoria, how and when can I have friends and feel loved?

I guess that's where this forum comes in. This is where we can be who we are and find understanding and support... Here I can be who I am. Yet I still feel uncertainty at times... Is that why we often have a post that describes in detail what we are wearing? I don't think gg's feel compelled to email their friends in such detail. But rather it is to put that out there and again feel support from others that says, "very nice". Its like... hey, I'm wearing pretty panties... or look at my dress! And we get a "you go girl" back. It is reassurance...

In conclusion... to have a better relationship... men "love" your gf or wife, s the case may be.... (read the book for more on this). And if there are women out there reading this... be sure to respect your guy. (read more in the book on this) He desparately needs your respect and it will help him love you in return. This may be one of the best marriange counselling books I have seen or read.

And to all my "sisters" out there... be you a cd'r or a gg.... thank you for your friendship. Victoria has needed this from you.

Love, Victoria :)

Billijo49504
03-06-2006, 12:40 AM
I think a lot of ppl wouldn't have half of the problems, if they married their best friend. Instead of some one cool! Tias is just my opinion, so don't get mad. My wife is my best friend. We have had bad times and good, but we face them together.

Dian
03-06-2006, 01:05 AM
I think a lot of ppl wouldn't have half of the problems, if they married their best friend. Instead of some one cool! Tias is just my opinion, so don't get mad. My wife is my best friend. We have had bad times and good, but we face them together.

Victoria, you bring up some really good points. How do receive love and respect from our SO's and give them the love and respect they need and deserve? For that matter, how do we let them know what we need to receive and what we want or need to give in return?

This is where I feel Billijo in on the mark. My wife is my best friend, and we have had hard times together, but we love each other and we have faced them together. Every relationship to remain healthy needs to grow and change. As we as CDer's grow in our understanding of ourselve's, our SO's are growing and changing with us. It's with open communication and love and trust that these changes can be a positive experience for both.

As to the issue of my friends still accepting me for who I am, after they meet Dian, I don't have a good answer. I just hope that a time comes when I can meet enough people who are willing to accept me for who I am, and I have the confidence to not worry about what people other than my wife think of me.

Victoria Pink
03-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Dian and Billijo....

Thanks for your responses to my post. i am glad to see that your relationship with your wife/SO is great. That's really good, and I can say that my wife and I have a great relationship as well. At the same time we all can improve and I know many who have been on this forum say that they have difficulties with their wife or SO. It could be that they are not giving the "love" the way they should, and it may be that they are not receiving the "respect" they need. The book I mentioned can help a lot with that. Even a good relationship can improve.

The real point I hoped to make in this thread though is that our female side needs to be loved. Women need love. As Victoria I need to feel that I am loved. If I don't feel that it creates a huge void for me. In general I think it is hard for us girls to find and receive that love. It's good we can have a web site like this.

What do others think?

Victoria

TGMarla
03-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Good thoughts. Both parties deserve respect in a relationship, at least in one where both parties are actually trying with each other. I may crossdress, but there are so many other things that I do, it would be patently unfair to categorize me on that alone. I feel that I deserve and earn respect based on my actions over and above crossdressing.

That's not to say that I don't wish for love as well. I give respect to my wife, and I love her, too. I hope to have the same from her.

HaleyPink2000
03-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Nice thred. Thanks for the post my Sister.
Haley:)