PDA

View Full Version : Not total support but more than DADT

Elizabeth G
04-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Some here may know that my wife found out about my dressing a few months ago and that we are seeing a therapist and working or way through things.

Well we had another therapy appointment last week and it went well in my opinion. My wife isn't ready to see Elizabeth yet (she has seen pictures - that's a whole other story for another post) but her level of acceptance is growing.

My wife now accepts that my dressing is more than just underdressing, that I have a wardrobe and want to present as completely as I can when dressed and this includes makeup, wig, mannerisms etc.

She is the one who suggested that I keep my clothes in our closet (once we complete some remodeling which will include more closet space) instead of out in our barn.

She is trying to schedule time for her to be out so I have time to dress. This means that while she won't be actively participating, at least my dressing time will be with her full knowledge and cooperation.

Progress has been slow but I'm increasingly optimistic. We have another appointment next week and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading,
Elizabeth

kimdl93
04-21-2017, 03:00 PM
Sounds like genuine progress to me. Keep up the good work and the deliberate pace.

Dana44
04-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Elisabeth, That is great that she is going with you. And the DADT may better, maybe one day she will want to meet Elisabeth.

Lana Mae
04-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Sounds like a good thing! Best wishes going forward! Hugs Lana Mae

rachelatshop
04-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Hi Beth, That's a great result. Best to you always

BLUE ORCHID
04-21-2017, 08:50 PM
Hi Elizabeth:hugs:, OK the ball is in her court now just go slow and let your:love:Wife lead the way...:daydreaming:...

Sandin Meknickers
04-22-2017, 02:56 AM
I think it's very understansing of her to allow your things in the home...
If you're hiding in the barn as a starting point, that is somewhat of a handicapped position. At least now, two more usual humans are working towards a brighter future.

carhill2mn
04-22-2017, 12:34 PM
It is great that the two of you are making progress together. Remember this is a journey, not a quick trip. Be patient, go slowly, let your wife adjust at her own speed.