PDA

View Full Version : Sad pictures

VeronicaMoonlit
03-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Sometimes in CD pictures, I get this sense of sadness, lonelyness or sorrow. Yes, in mine too. I know I'm not a "happy" person, maybe that's why. Maybe it's the not smiling in pictures, or the headless pictures. I don't know. Does anybody else "get" what I'm saying.

Veronica

Denise
03-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Yes, I do.

I have read with interest, and looked at pictures of various people. Some appear happy. But, a great many, probably a majority, of the pictures the people don't appear happy.

Maybe this site will help make them (And me) happier.

Tiffany Anne 9954
03-06-2006, 02:58 PM
I know by looking at the pic on my avatar that i dont look like a happy camper LOL. But it's the way the pic turned out. I can look happy if I want by redoing the pic but it's the way I am.
I can be lonely too as i live on my own and I don't know anyone near me who can visit with and have girlie fun.

It would be nice

Rossie
03-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I´m not:cheeky: :cheeky:

Jasmine Ellis
03-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Hi Veronica, some of my pictures looks like I'm not smiling, but when you got to make the pictures smaller for the threads the smile's get less, not noticeble at all.
And I do have a picture thread, where I'm not smiling, all because I was walking around my own town where I was born and still living here where a lot of people knows me and I was nervous as hell I can tell you.
Sorry if this sounds like I'm having a go at you, it is not intented.

kathy gg
03-06-2006, 03:27 PM
I totally get what you are saying....and

Ya know, rather than "sad "I perfer the word: pensive
Synonyms: contemplative, reflective, meditative, thoughtful
These adjectives mean characterized by or disposed to thought, especially serious or deep thought. Pensive often connotes a wistful, dreamy, or sad quality:

I actually like photos that show that depth of character. I also wish if more people choose to NOT smile in photos, try to look off in the distance. I find those sort of photos a very nice change of pace than the usual huge smiles.

Also it seems if one is not smiling and looking totally into the camara it almost has this quality which is angry more than just sad. I don't think YOU look angry, but some photos I have seen without smiles seem like the poster was really ticked when they took the photos.

But that said, smiling in photos does project a warmth that seems to radiate.

I find in photos that smiling can look kinda fake. I try to actually get a photo right after a real laugh or even thinking a funny thought will help with the authenticity.

I really like taking pics though of others and myself for fun. Interesting post.

JoAnnDallas
03-06-2006, 03:45 PM
When I first started taking pictures, I did not have my current wig and did not want anyone to see my face. Now that I have my wig, all my pics show my face. As for smiling, I have always had a problem about smiling. I have a small overbite and if I smile too big, I look like bucky the beaver. LOL

rachealgirl
03-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Sometimes in CD pictures, I get this sense of sadness, lonelyness or sorrow. Yes, in mine too. I know I'm not a "happy" person, maybe that's why. Maybe it's the not smiling in pictures, or the headless pictures. I don't know. Does anybody else "get" what I'm saying.

Veronica
I know what you’re saying. However, as far as why I don’t smile, it’s simple. I look like a goon. My “male jaw line” becomes WAY to obvious (just see the below pic for a good example). My solution is to just try and smile at the outer tips of my lips. Or, which is the case usually, just not smile at all. Perhaps this is the case with some others as well.
Love , Racheal

Lindahexi
03-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Before I found this site I was very lonely and sad, I was locked in a world of secrecy and fear, I had never told a living soul about my dressing. In the past year I have entered into a sense of relief and freedom that I never imagined possible, if anyone had told me that I'd 'come out' and even post a picture of myself, I would have thought they were crazy. But now I'm happy, or at least as happy as I have been for a long time, and I smile as much as I can.

Hugs,

Linda.

PTPJen
03-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Yes I understand, usually because the photos were taken under streeful conditions, or fast by someone. I'm a Photographer and sometimes meet with other girls and spend a little timnes to take photos as a coutesy when we dress, they are usaully surprised at the photo, but as I told them its looking at it a certin way and talking with the subject.

Penny
03-06-2006, 07:11 PM

Veronica
Yes there sad faces; take mine for example, it's beyond sad, no it's pathetic
that my grasp of high tech is so horrible. My avitar is a result of attempting
to opporate a new digital camera unsuccessfuly. I probably will redo my avitar
once I figure out the time delay. I never had time to smile! But seriously, smiles are infectious. If one waits to smile back, sometimes it will be a long wait and then mush too easy to forget how. I try to act reather than react which my life meaning. Positively influencing other into feeling good about themselves, makes me unintentionaly, good about myself. The reward is greater than the gift if the gift is freely given.

I do for you
so you are happy

Angela Burke
03-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm just not a natural "smiler".
"Come on cheer up, it can't be as bad as that".
I get this from complete strangers.
On the other hand I have this most embarrassing laugh, I don't mean just HA! HA! HA!
It is uncontrollable an leaves me helpless and sore!
Thankfully it seems to have tempered a bit with age but I know I'ts still there,
lurking. ( Lurk! Lurk! Lurk! ).

mudanjel
03-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Sometimes I see sad, dead eyes in pix but thankfully that's not the norm here.

GypsyKaren
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM
You couldn't get a good picture of me for all the money in the world, I have a program in my brain that turns me into Bullwinkle when the flash goes off.

Karen

VeronicaMoonlit
03-06-2006, 09:14 PM
You couldn't get a good picture of me for all the money in the world, I have a program in my brain that turns me into Bullwinkle when the flash goes off.

Karen

Karen, tthat avatar of yours is a nice picture. I'm not kidding. I don't compliment peoples avatars unless I really mean it.

Veronica

Genevieve G
03-06-2006, 09:18 PM
There are two problems that I have with smiling. The self-timer on my camera flashes at me for four seconds & by that time, I'm worn out from smiling the first three seconds! I'm too impatient to wait a whole four seconds. The results aren't good when I feel like I'm being rushed by life commitments to "finish doing my thing."

The more serious problem for me is that I'm transgendered & I was given the body of a Big Ten linebacker. It's always been hard to reconcile that. I am not what people think I am when they see me as male, so inside I guess I'm silently screaming "don't you get it?" That's a big mountain to try to drag around. Anyway, that's why I have a hard time smiling sometimes.

Tina

VeronicaMoonlit
03-06-2006, 09:22 PM
no it's pathetic
that my grasp of high tech is so horrible. My avitar is a result of attempting
to opporate a new digital camera unsuccessfuly. I probably will redo my avitar

I'm glad digital cameras exist, otherwise I'd be wasting a lot of film considering my good picture to bad ratio, it's about 1 out of 4 nowadays even of photogenic creatures like my cat, it used to be worse. You'll get better with the camera with practice. I practice by taking cat pictures....lots of cat pictures.

Positively influencing other into feeling good about themselves, makes me unintentionaly, good about myself. The reward is greater than the gift if the gift is freely given.

I do for you
so you are happy

Now that's nice. Thank you. I wil try to remember this.

Veronica

VeronicaMoonlit
03-06-2006, 09:25 PM
The self-timer on my camera flashes at me for four seconds & by that time, I'm worn out from smiling the first three seconds!

Sounds familiar.

The more serious problem for me is that I'm transgendered & I was given the body of a Big Ten linebacker. It's always been hard to reconcile that. Anyway, that's why I have a hard time smiling sometimes.

Tina

yeah, I can understand that.

Veronica

VeronicaMoonlit
03-06-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm a Photographer and sometimes meet with other girls and spend a little timnes to take photos as a coutesy when we dress, they are usaully surprised at the photo, but as I told them its looking at it a certin way and talking with the subject.

Any techniques or advice you'd be willing to share as a pro?

Veronica

VeronicaMoonlit
03-06-2006, 09:31 PM
I know what you’re saying. However, as far as why I don’t smile, it’s simple. I look like a goon. My “male jaw line” becomes WAY to obvious (just see the below pic for a good example).
Love , Racheal

Umm, you look nice in that picture, kind of Kate Beckinsale-ish. Love the cute hat. Not like a goon at all. More "girl next door"

That's another thing, sometimes we are our own worse critics. Both negatively and positively which can be maddening.

Veronica

KathrynW
03-06-2006, 09:35 PM
You couldn't get a good picture of me for all the money in the world, I have a program in my brain that turns me into Bullwinkle when the flash goes off.Karen
just admit it...
you're in the witness protection program... ;)

VeronicaMoonlit
03-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I totally get what you are saying....and

Ya know, rather than "sad "I perfer the word: pensive

Ahhh, good word, yes, pensive. Thank you, that fits.

I actually like photos that show that depth of character. I also wish if more people choose to NOT smile in photos, try to look off in the distance. I find those sort of photos a very nice change of pace than the usual huge smiles.

Interesting

I don't think YOU look angry, but some photos I have seen without smiles seem like the poster was really ticked when they took the photos. My avatar sucks, I know. I ought to use my photogenic cat. :-)

I find in photos that smiling can look kinda fake. I try to actually get a photo right after a real laugh or even thinking a funny thought will help with the authenticity.

I've tried the funny thoughs, doesn't seem to work for me yet.

I really like taking pics though of others and myself for fun. Interesting post. I like taking them too, but not of myself that much

Veronica

VeronicaMoonlit
03-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi
And I do have a picture thread, where I'm not smiling, all because I was walking around my own town where I was born and still living here where a lot of people knows me and I was nervous as hell I can tell you.

yes, the nervousness does have an effect

Sorry if this sounds like I'm having a go at you, it is not intented.

No worries.

Veronica

Jacqui
03-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Sometimes in CD pictures, I get this sense of sadness, lonelyness or sorrow. Yes, in mine too. I know I'm not a "happy" person, maybe that's why. Maybe it's the not smiling in pictures...
Veronica

Veronica, like Jenn, I dabble in pixels also. And I have two thoughts on this subject:

1) If you've ever seen professional photographers shooting models, you'll notice that they develop a relationship with each other. A good photographer talks to his/her model and tries to bring out their best features, poses, emotions, etc.

Many, if not most of us, put the camera on a tripod or a table and take self-portraits of ourselves. I do it as well. And not once has the camera ever said, "Jaqui, relax! Turn this way. Think about having unbelievable sex with me after the shoot!" It's just hard to connect with an inanimate object (unless it's a bra!)

[caution: generalization coming up]

2) More importantly, imho, while exploring my feminine side, I have realized that there is a big difference between GG's and GM's in showing emotions and just "letting go." This easily comes across in a portrait.

Men tend to be like rocks. Solid, non-moving heavy objects that sink when you throw them into a lake. Take a picture of a rock and you might get different angles, but we're still talking, 'boring.'

Women are like flowers. They bend with the wind, showing totally different poses and different colors depending upon where the sun is.

So, if you want to start taking more interesting pictures of yourself, get into a really feminine mood; think womanly thoughts; let your body go; and then run like hell to get into position before the self-timer clicks the shutter!

InHerShoes
03-07-2006, 10:26 AM
It's hard to hold a good smile while waiting for the auto timer to go off. Also when I put on a great big grin while wearing makeup my face just feels odd to me so my smile just looks goofy so I go for a sultry look and again... goofy. Alas what's a girl to do. But if I'm in a dress you can bet I'm happy as a clam.