PDA

View Full Version : Its sorta becoming second nature

Jenny22
04-30-2017, 04:50 PM
I met with forum sister Lauren Richards this morning at an outside patio near a Starbucks.

We coffeed and chatted for an hour, looked at recent photos, and took some photos of each other. She wore a long, black skirt and a white top, and I, black leggings and a long sleeve white top. All of my nails were polished a bright pink, and I was in full makeup. I felt wonderful to again be with the sister who told me that I could be out en femme and repeatedly, early on, urged me to just do it!

Here's an observation .. MANY people walked by us, including two deputies, and no one did a second look or even looked at us, for that matter!! I didn't have a bit of nervousness, and felt right at home as my girl self. Other than losing an earring, It was a wonderful outing, and I loved it!

Allisa
04-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Good for you. It's great when your "girl" comes through and as I call it "being my total femme self". Makes it all worth while.

sometimes_miss
04-30-2017, 06:45 PM
Congratulations. You've entered the world of the over 40 females. You're invisible to the world.

Rachael Leigh
04-30-2017, 08:46 PM
Sounds like a great time Jenny, I've found that to be my obersvation as well just be yourself look and feel comfortable and
most won't pay any attention
Thanks for sharing

Stephanie Julianna
04-30-2017, 09:22 PM
Although we dress to be noticed as female there is nothing like not being noticed at all.

Rachelle70
04-30-2017, 09:22 PM
Sounds like an absolutely wonderful time, I have to say I'm a lil jealous!
Rachelle

Dana44
04-30-2017, 09:33 PM
Indeed, if you are out and about en fem then people will not notice. Sounds like you had a great morning.

jennifer0918
05-01-2017, 01:02 AM
To all the ladies that have never been out,just do it ,take baby steps it is so amazing to be out even of its just for a cup of coffee. Jenny 22 great story I pictured myself being at that cafe it sounds like you had a great time.

Danitgirl1
05-01-2017, 02:05 AM
Yup... as long as you are careful you are sure to have a great time.
Most people do not motice us
The tiny minority that do, generally do not care

Stay in safe areas with a friend and behave appropriately and you will have a wonderful experience...

The worst that has happened to me was when I was approached by a guy... flattering but scary as I found myself alone, at night and in a surprisingly quiet area. MISTAKE
But I just walked on as quickly as I could and found a more populared area. So all ended well.

Cheryl James
05-01-2017, 09:07 AM
Consciously losing the nervousness is the best feeling in the world to me. It doesn't always happen, but, when it does it...WOW. At that point I feel truly alive and integrated into the world.

BLUE ORCHID
05-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Hi Jenny :hugs:, It sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful time...:daydreaming:...

Helen_Highwater
05-01-2017, 06:11 PM
So lovely for you to have such a wonderful relaxing time doing the ordinary. Isn't that what going out's about, just doing the ordinary.

Yep it's true many people don't notice us but then again would they normally pay any attention to two ladies sat drinking coffee and chatting. Of those that do notice us the vast majority just carry on with their own lives.

Nikki A.
05-01-2017, 06:47 PM
I agree that it does get easier the more one gets out. The more at ease that we are with ourselves the less people notice or at least comment,

suzanne
05-01-2017, 08:28 PM
I beg to differ. People do notice. Today on the way home I made a pit stop at a convenience store. I wore one of my favorite outfits, a polka dot skirt, light coloured top, black cardigan and black suede shoes, all chosen as carefully as it could to be tasteful and low key. I could see several people taking long second looks at me. The thing is, there were no comments. My conclusion is that we are entering an era where crossdresssing definitely noticeable but Not A Big Deal. I like it.

Helen_Highwater
05-02-2017, 06:22 AM
Black suede shoes with polka dots!! No wonder people stared (just kidding).

Kate Simmons
05-02-2017, 07:40 AM
I definitely concur that it becomes second nature after awhile and no big deal either. :battingeyelashes::)

Angie G
05-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Good for you Jenny Keep loving it and stay safe hun.:hugs:
Angie

Richelle
05-02-2017, 05:44 PM
I glad you had a nice time and very happy to hear about other out and about enjoying the good life in Orange County. I am out all time and notice that I get less notice when I am with someone.

Richelle

docrobbysherry
05-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Congrats, Jenny! I've been out and about all over the country for T events for near 10 years.:hugs:

Yet, I'm still not comfortable going out to vanilla venues for simply socializing!:sad: