PDA

View Full Version : She went thru my make up bag

Richelle423
05-02-2017, 06:50 PM
I came home today and my GF was freaking out over a dress she hasn't seen for a couple of years.
She told me told me she was looking in a closet but didn't find it.(thanx I have. Couple of dresses hiding in there!) so she went thru the whole house looking for the dress and found my makeup bag. She told me I ha
Have more awesome makeup than she does. But she continued to berate me me for wearing women's stuff.
Weird thing is she admired my make up.. I took a bad beating but the few drinks I had made it go from one to another!

Stephanie47
05-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Is this the same girl friend who bought you thongs years ago or is this a new one? I hope you chose an inappropriate word (berating) to describe her take on you wearing women's clothing. I would expect a knowing girl friend to be just a little more supportive.

Tracii G
05-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Tell her to leave your make up alone and if she snoops in your things again she can go live somewhere else.
I don't care what excuse they give you they all snoop and that is something I can't stand.

Stacy Darling
05-03-2017, 02:18 AM
My head would have exploded!

That is just wrong! and can't be justified!

Ever!

IamWren
05-03-2017, 06:40 AM
Good lord!... how small is this dress she's looking for that she thought to look in a makeup bag for it? Wow.

Jaylyn
05-03-2017, 07:31 AM
If this is just a GF and not your wife then I think I'd simply say sorry about your dress. My stuff is mine and my business is mine also. I don't take beatings in words or real time. Also unless you are extremely into a beating I'd tell her there's the door sweetie don't let the handle hit your already flat posterior on the way out. GF can be a pain, but if you truly love her maybe y'all need to sit down and visit about the rules of your house if I have the information correct.

Tracii G
05-03-2017, 08:24 AM
Been a few years back I had a female room mate ( long story but I was just giving her a place to live) and I caught her snooping in my stuff.
I went off on her and told her to pack up her stuff and leave.

Paige Dehart
05-03-2017, 09:28 AM
I get that she was looking for a dress but there was no way it was hiding in a makeup bag, unless said makeup bag is roughly the size of an overnight bag, even so, the bottom line is that she really had no business touching it.
I don't care if you are married or it's just a girlfriend or boyfriend, everyone deserves privacy, meaning you don't go snooping around in the other persons personal stuff wallets , phones, purses, diaries etc are off bounds. Looking in a closet or drawers if they are shared is OK.
Sorry about the rant but for me it really is a respect and trust issue, so I tend to get a little heated.
It sounds like she may be a little envious of your makeup, but that is no reason for her to berate you.

Micki_Finn
05-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Just a guess here since I wasn't there to witness, but I'll bet she wasn't "admiring" your makeup so much as pissed you spend more on the stuff than she does.

And Paige: I understand your privacy concerns, but if you came home one day and you found a strange man's wallet sitting in your house, wouldn't you open it to find out what it was and how it got there? I really doubt you'd just let it sit there waiting for someone to claim it.

Taylor186
05-03-2017, 11:23 AM
If the relationship with the GF is serious or you are married then real privacy is not realistic, unless maybe you are in the bathroom. In my opinion, if you are hiding something from your GF/wife, and she finds it, then you are at fault, not her.

If it's a room mate then, yes, privacy is a right.

Lana Mae
05-03-2017, 12:15 PM
In my 34+ years of marriage, I can count on one hand how many times I was in her purse and had asked her most of those times! Privacy is a big issue in a relationship! If you can not trust the other person to respect that then it is time for a talk or a split up! Just my $.02! Hugs Lana Mae

CONSUELO
05-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Several years ago my wife read my journals without permission. They were full of my private thoughts on a host of subjects as well as a diary account.

I have never forgiven her for that. I still fume over it and it lead to a significant deterioration in our relationship. We are now in the "just living together mode" No going back.

Tracii G
05-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Micki a strange mans wallet is different I would open it and find out who it belonged to via an ID but I wouldn't look thru the rest because its not mine.
Not like you wouldn't be pissed if there was one left at your house. You would be asking questions too.

Paige Dehart
05-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Micki, I would first check with the people who live here. you never know if someone got a new wallet, or had a friend over who accidentally left it. then if no one had knowledge of the wallet I would probably look for ID in it. if it didn't belong to anyone known to people in the house I'd call the cops because it would mean someone broke into my house.

Lana Mae, I like the way you think. In 38 years of marriage I only went in his wallet once when he told me to because I was in a hurry otherwise I always took it to him to get out whatever he wanted or needed.

Tina_gm
05-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Good lord!... how small is this dress she's looking for that she thought to look in a makeup bag for it? Wow.
Well really need a like button on this forum lol.

Sandin Meknickers
05-03-2017, 04:27 PM
I guess i'm a bit more brutal with the like it or do one haha. All my stuff is slung everywhere. I mean I came out about 4 weeks ago and she already uses all my stuff so she has to live with it in her face. I earn tons of cash and I've always been the shopper so this place is filling up. I already dominated the kitchen and now tthe bathroom is mine. Mwaahahahahaa. Sharings caring.:)

Micki_Finn
05-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Paige

Now I'm making a couple of assumptions based on the general tone of the original post: 1) that only Richelle and her SO live in the household and 2) that the SO does not know about Richelle

Assuming that these two circumstances are true, from the SO's perspective, there is no reason for a woman's makeup bag to be floating around the house, and it would logically therefore be silly to ask the other people in the house and a makeup bag isn't the sort of thing people usually just leave places. You yourself said that failing other options you would look inside to see if you could figure out who it belonged to and where it came from. Richelle didn't say the SO had done anything more than that. To deamonize her for looking in a strange bag to figure out what it was doing there is a little extreme.

Paige Dehart
05-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Micki,, I am not demonizing her. simply making a statement about privacy and respect for another persons private property. I understand what you are saying that you gathered from the general tone of the original post. I gathered something different. Call me respectful or trustful either one fits.:)

Beverley Sims
05-04-2017, 08:31 AM
I usually turn these things into a positive, let them go through your things and later on you can bring it up to your advantage.

Maybe she will eventually accept you dressing after all she is still with you, just berating you. :-)