PDA

View Full Version : waves, amplitude, phase changes

ginapoodle
05-06-2017, 09:46 AM
All,

Yes, here I am. An observation at least on myself and interest in dressing, or not. The desire comes in waves. Sometimes very high, sometimes very low. Correlation to moon phase, emotional state, possibly other life stresses are there, but vague. Right now my mind is not much tuned into dress up (despite this post). I have often wondered why the phases? So much variability. When young I would buy and purge in patterns, no longer. Amplitude goes sky high sometimes, and decays to below zero other times.

Anyway, there you are. I wonder if others are similar? I suspect so as human beings are very complex.

Beautiful day here. Time for another motorcycle ride. Had a ball yesterday on the Italian beauty. Out to fancy dinner tonight with HQ to celebrate 30th wedding anniversary. Have finally jelled AK and CO summer trips, seems life is moving again after months of deep mud and broken trails.

audreyinalbany
05-06-2017, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't worry about 'phases.' Sometimes there is just other stuff going on besides crossdressing. It doesn't have to be the focus of our lives

CONSUELO
05-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Your observation about waves matches mine. My desire to dress goes up and down over a several week period but there is no consistency to the periodicity. I have also noticed some longer term (longer wavelength) changes during my life that I have commented on in previous posts. I was reading an article about a well-known and very successful brain surgeon who works on difficult cases in many countries. His comment about the brain was that it was a complex chemical organism. So our moods are governed by chemistry. What changes the chemical balance is mostly a mystery.

gina shiney
05-06-2017, 06:17 PM
In my case the dressing is fairly constant (underdressed every day, sleepwear most nights) what I have trouble with is severe lunges in mental body image. While I tuck using tight panties most days I find that there are times that I HAVE to tape, I have to have breasts during these times I am very emotional my chest aches to the extent that it is painful. When I was in my teens through to late twenties I used to have a clear discharge from my nipples when aroused. ( some girlfriends were intrigued others thought I was a freak).

Amelie
05-06-2017, 07:14 PM
I am always a girl no matter what, I am never less of a girl one day and more of a girl another. I am constant in that way.

But I do get feelings of depression that seem to come in waves. I guess it's sort of like calling it "ups and downs". When I am OK, I will be online when I'm not OK is when I disappear for a time to recover, sometimes it takes a long time to recover. Sometimes it gets so bad that I need someone to help me through it. That's when I get help, talk with someone. I just fear one day there won't be anyone. Not to make light of it, but I have a dog that helps me, mentally that is. So my emotional state doesn't change from between being a man and woman but is between existing and not existing. So far existing is winning.

Sometimes Steffi
05-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Here's my take on it:

Now, if they could insert pink dye into the clear part, it would be a perfect representation of me.

Sometime I think I'm Bigender. Some days I'm all blue, other days I'm all pink, and then there are the days I'm just a swirly mess of pink and blue. I think the gender god enjoys restarting my wave machine every once in a while, just for fun.

mbmeen12
05-07-2017, 04:29 AM
1st it's typhoons.....mentally daily....
2nd then reality of work grinding it out.
3rd see #1

GretchenM
05-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Mood waves are pretty much the rule for everybody. But for most they tend to be small; for some they are large. My take on it is that because we tend to span a large range of the gender spectrum, especially if you are non-binary, the waves can be much larger and stronger as life circumstances come and go and we react in a larger variety of ways than most people. That said, I suspect that the TSs among us tend to exhibit the smaller wave patterns of most people. For them, they are a bit more stable and have narrower gender identity ranges. That is even if genetically male or female their gender reversal is more developed and complete and that results in more stability. Not always the case, at least in some of the TSs I know. But then it is not always the case is cisgender folks. In short, lots of factors play into mood waves. My wife is incredibly stable; I am sometimes but often live the stormy sea life, irrespective of what gender is dominant.

SHINY-J
05-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Although my dressing is really just a fetish for sexual pleasure, I do get the urges and how they come and go in waves and phases... mine is like a heart monitor at a hospital... it's all over the place... there are times I go a day or two without dressing... sometimes more than a week ... and there are other times, I might do it daily... even several times a day... for days ... weeks.. etc.

Maybe the down times in dressing are brought about by those almost manic seeming online shopping sprees I go on for gurly clothes and then I have multiple packages on my doorstep and the credit card bill comes in... lol.. maybe that's what brings me back down to earth! :o

Taylor186
05-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Yes, my desire to dress ebbs and flows throughout the year. For a while I tracked it but could find no discernible pattern. I'm at a place now where I don't force it. When the mood strikes I dress and when it doesn't I don't.

AutumnNC
05-07-2017, 09:44 PM
I remember when I started really dressing in college.....I had a lot of great dresses and outfits. I even had a wedding dress! Then, I feeling went away and I purged. Ugggh. I wish I hadn't. Eventually the urge to dress started again and I did not stop. Never pruged again. Just stored the clothing away...Sometime for a while.

I just go with the flow now. If I feel like dressing, I do! If I do not....choice is simple. I do not.