PDA

View Full Version : MY FIRST, a short walk all dressed UP!

Shely
05-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Well i did the other day. i had a day to myself and was having a great time with 5 or 6 really pretty dresses, when i got a message that the new BRA that i ordered was delivered to my mail box across the street. Well i agonized for a while because i hate to go drab from frilly. After a few minutes i decided that at 2:30 in the middle of the week most persons would be at work, or school. needless to say I am in the closet to all buy my SO. Anyway standing just inside the storm door and wanting the new item to try on i decided to just walk across the street down a couple of housed and retrieve the mail. I can't explain what it felt like, it felt indescribable for sure. I had goose bumps all over. Don't know where this will lead. below is a photo of the dress i was wearing. HUGsss

Kandi Robbins
05-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Now do it again! Simple as that. Well done.

DIANEF
05-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Small steps, you know the rest. Now you've done it once you WILL want to do it again!

Lana Mae
05-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Congrats on your stepping out! Now you will want to do it again and again and again!!! Hugs Lana Mae

Sometimes Steffi
05-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Congratulations

I still remember one of my first short walks. I had just finished my first makeover in Houston, and was wearing a mid-calf jean skirt. I had a little trouble stepping out of the car, but I didn't fully recognize the short walk until I headed into TJ Maxx. I had to shorten my stride considerably to walk in the jean skirt. I did eventually hit my stride, but it took some work to get back into my car looking like a lady.

I assume that this is what you meant when you said you went for a "short walk". ;-)

Jolene Robertson
05-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Hi Shely,

One small step for man, one giant step for a lady. Love your dress, and you look great. Glad you enjoyed the walk.

Hugs
Jolene

Fiona123
05-08-2017, 07:40 AM
That's a lovely dress!

Majella St Gerard
05-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Pretty dress.

Angie G
05-08-2017, 08:44 AM
That is awesome Shely where are you going next the Mall maybe or out to lunch. :hugs:
Angie

Sissy_Michelle
05-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Shely,

You look lovely. I hope you go out again, and good luck.

@--}----
Michelle

Karen RHT
05-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Congrats Shely, and kudos for taking those first tentative but exhilarating steps. We all have to start somewhere, no fixed or absolute way to do that for any of us. I does help immensely once we've made the conscious decision to "just own it" should neighbours or others see us, or perhaps even engage with us.

Karen

Aunt Kelly
05-08-2017, 11:37 AM
So... I am genuinely curious. Were the goosebumps from anxiety, or exhilaration, or a combination of the two? Or was it something else?

For me, it was all of the above, but the something else was there from the start and has come more into focus over the years. It's that sense of rightness, for lack of a better term. I'm comfortable enough in boy mode, but I am happy, no... content would be a better word, much more content in girl mode. And I mean contented in a way that is unapproachable otherwise.

Julie Denier
05-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Good for you! Nice pic ;)

Beverley Sims
05-09-2017, 06:50 AM
I have been going out for a while dressed regularly and there are always some firsts that come up for me too.

Just bite the bullet and and........ usually nothing happens. :-)