PDA

View Full Version : What is going on these days

Steph65
05-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Not sure if this is the right area. Here is an article on the news about transgender and what is going on in Canada. I found this very interesting. Makes you think how people can be accepting and the Governments are not all with the program. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/transgender-rights-bill-female-born-spaces-1.4110634

SometimesKairi
05-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Read 'feminists' and stopped reading.
From my experience a lot of feminists aren't pro-woman (a ridiculous notion, be pro-HUman) are anti-anything against their beliefs.

Tracii G
05-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Feminists are some of the meanest people to run into when you are dressed in girl mode.
I really hate to see MtF trans girls jump on the feminist band wagon and go to marches/riots.
Its like they feel they have a right to inject themselves because they feel/dress female.This goes for ones that I know that have transitioned.
The GG's don't like them and treat them with contempt because they are not female by birth.
I have one MtF trans friend and she has turned into a feminist activist type and is soo freaking annoying to be around.
I will probably go off on her at some point and say something that will cause our friendship to end and that to me is really sad because I helped her come out 5 years ago.
Honestly she has turned into a ultra feminist monster.

Steph65
05-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Totally Agree!!! I just wanted to put this up so people know the Garbage we have to tend with.

sometimes_miss
05-12-2017, 06:37 PM
It's not all just garbage. These women do have a point, and I can see why they feel the way they do. In many cases, they were abused in some way by men, and so rightfully have a fear of having men around, in whatever form. While I understand that from a MTF transsexual or MTF transgendered person's view, they're being discriminated against simply because they have a penis, that penis is the very thing that causes the female at birth women to fear them. It's like living in a house with a bear. While the bear MIGHT have grown up with you, and appears for all intents and purposes to be friendly to you, there's always the potential for disaster. While the bear might have rights too, I would not under any circumstances want to live in a house with a bear. and that's the way these women feel. They simply don't want to take the risk. We have to face it; MEN are the primary danger to women, period. Not cars, not sports, nothing hurts (and potentially kills) women more than men.
There is the problem of where a MTF TS/TG can go if in need of shelter. I dont' know the answer to that. But right now, there is only two options, a mens shelter (where the ts/tg person will potentially be in danger, or the women's shelter, where the GG's will potentially be in danger. Until we live in a better world, I don't know what the choice should be. Me? If I were homeless, at least for a while, I'd have to go back to being 'boy' full time until I had a safe place of my own. There are simply things we have to do to survive, and being adults, we have to understand that we have to make sacrifices sometimes. It would be nice if that wasn't the way it was, but, we don't live in a perfect world. Each case must be determined on it's own, as to whether the individual should be allowed to be housed with females or males. And whether private bedrooms and single bathrooms are available should be a consideration as well. No, it's not a perfect solution. But we all have to find a way to get along.
That said, Hilla Kerner's feelings are probably very much what most other GG's feel as well.

Aunt Kelly
05-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Like most fears, the one behind this debate is born of ignorance. It will take time, but with patience and persistence, reasonable women will come to understand how misguided their fears are. That's not to say that it will be easy for some of them. As Lexi points out, that fear is often born from painful experience, so more patience will be required.

Micki_Finn
05-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Sorry to you who don't like it but I am a feminist. The definition of feminism being "advocating for equality of the sexes". What these women are advocating isn't feminism because it's not about equality but the advancement of a single gender. These women are implying that men cannot be victims of domestic abuse, rape, etc., which simply isn't true.

BettyMorgan
05-13-2017, 11:21 AM
I'm a feminist too. I've met the person mentioned in the article, Marni Panis, she's from my city. She's a transgender advocate and works tirelessly for the trans community. She was in our country's capital speaking in support of this new bill. I'm sure Marni is not trying to take anything away from GGs. Ms Kerner is just defending what she beleives in and that's good too.

Unfortunately, sometimes people think that by giving something to one group means you will take away something from another.

Sarah Doepner
05-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately, sometimes people think that by giving something to one group means you will take away something from another.

I have to agree with Betty on that point. It is a feeling that seems to transcend issues; religion, politics, even basic human rights are being discussed as if they are all zero sum games where there can only be a single winner. The ideas of common ground and compromise are fading as the extremes take over the discussions. I'm not sure how we can find middle ground these days, but I hate it when I have to take an extreme position on something just to make a point when I know there is an easy answer but it won't be heard over the yelling from both ends.

Dana44
05-13-2017, 02:13 PM
I think I heard the senator say that the feminist view is a red herring and that the law helps the transgender get support by the feds. Which is good.

donnalee
05-14-2017, 01:57 AM
Just let an ideologue into the mix and it screws up every time.

Tracii G
05-14-2017, 02:25 AM
Seems like the feminist movement has been hijacked by something quite sinister and its spewing hate towards men.
Or as Micki says the advancement of one gender, All the while beating down the other.
Women last I heard have the same rights as men and I have really not seen the pay gap issue explained with any facts.