PDA

View Full Version : Knowing When To Wear The Right Stockings

perfume
03-06-2006, 10:19 PM
WAS WOUNDERING IF ANYONE HAS TROUBLE KNOWING WHEN TO WEAR PANTYHOSE, HOLDUPS, OR STAYUPS? Some times when i wear short skirts, I wounder if i want to wear pantyhose, or holdups. I think if i want people to see the tops of my nylons or to just wear pantyhose, and keep them guessing. Is it just me or does other cds, have this question? Another thing is the color of stockings to wear.I have a red flerting skirt, and black heels, I usually wear a black top to match my heels, but what color stockings? I have agreat selection of hose, I have toffeesemi sheer, and ultra shine black,and of course baige. I can wear sheer because of my legs are always shaved. but still I want to wear the wrong color nylons. I have asked the girls I know for there advice, they tell me to use my judgement. Sometimes i do not know if thats a good idea. I do not want to get out and have people say nice outfit, but wrong stockings. A good feedback will be a great help in my public appearance. love hearing your thoughts. all feedback will be great to hear.

Butterfly Bill
03-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Wearing garter straps with any skirt that ends above the knee is going to make you look like a 1940s pinup. Virtually no GGs wear them these days.

Black goes with anything, as does gray. Browns go with other browns or greys or greens, but not with blues. (Caucasian race) flesh or suntan color you can also wear with anything. Whites will make you look like a nurse. Maroon goes real well with pinks and purples, as well as red.

Stephenie B
03-06-2006, 11:30 PM
WAS WOUNDERING IF ANYONE HAS TROUBLE KNOWING WHEN TO WEAR PANTYHOSE, HOLDUPS, OR STAYUPS? Some times when i wear short skirts, I wounder if i want to wear pantyhose, or holdups. I think if i want people to see the tops of my nylons or to just wear pantyhose, and keep them guessing. Is it just me or does other cds, have this question? Another thing is the color of stockings to wear.I have a red flerting skirt, and black heels, I usually wear a black top to match my heels, but what color stockings? I have agreat selection of hose, I have toffeesemi sheer, and ultra shine black,and of course baige. I can wear sheer because of my legs are always shaved. but still I want to wear the wrong color nylons. I have asked the girls I know for there advice, they tell me to use my judgement. Sometimes i do not know if thats a good idea. I do not want to get out and have people say nice outfit, but wrong stockings. A good feedback will be a great help in my public appearance. love hearing your thoughts. all feedback will be great to hear.
I would tink it would depend on:
Do you want to be a good girl and not be noticed, pantyhose
Bad girl: garter belt and let the stockings show.
I don't have any pantyhose!
Good luck
PS. black, coffee, nude goes with anything.
Huggs

Amanda
03-07-2006, 12:03 AM
95% of the time I wear tan stockings as they usually go with anything or black if the outfit is darkish. I don't want to look tarty and therefore draw attention to myself. I always wear stockings with suspenders if my skirt is knee length or longer but pantyhose if its a short skirt. Have a look at what the average woman is wearing and copy her. I would wear tan or possibly black with a red skirt and black heels. It sounds as though you'll look lovely anyway.:)

kaliope
03-10-2006, 12:01 PM
general rules are
-stockings or pantyhose should match the colour of skirt or dress
-sheer is better for evenings and fancy gatherings
-tights are best with flats and in the fall, winter and spring
-wear darker colored tights (hunter green, red etc) in the fall and winter. Actually, if you are adventurous try winter white
-wear lighter color tights in the early spring
Hope that helps

Julia Cross
03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
It depends on the message you are trying to get across and the venue. Stocking tops outside of an adult club is inappropriate. And how one looks in either will dictae the amount of and type of attention one gets. If you are truly HOT then it may be fun, if you are an older man or overweight man in drag, well you figure it out.

There is a time and place for everything. Push the limits and don't be surprised when they push back but not as you would like.

J

Shelly Preston
03-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi
I would suggest the black would go with the red especially with black heels.

You need to think about the lenght of your skirt.

It maybe that you stockings can only be seen if they are very lucky which is more teasing. If you show them to easily they may think you just being tarty.

ronni white
03-10-2006, 02:55 PM
I can't stand pantyhose.
Garters and stockings most of the time. When a shorter skirt dictates I wear thigh highs in a larger size that come up to the top of my legs. very comfortable.

Ronni

perfume
03-11-2006, 01:01 AM
julia, i love your advice, but i am a older person, but i have really nice leggs. I wear short skirts, due to the fact that i am not over weight. but the problem is that the stockings have a fantastic influance on your whole outfit. therefore, i think the type of stockings you wear are a reflection on your personality. and attitude. Dont you agree love your input and always kisses. please answer my reply. love perfume

HaleyPink2000
03-12-2006, 11:47 AM
My Fav color is Red or pink. So with my Red suit and skirt I wear charcoal nylons and a garter belt that is red. The Skirt is just above the knees and the tops of the nylons don't show unless I pull up my skirt to let them show, or sit a certain way. Thats exceptable for going out most places. I wear panty hose very seldom. I prefer that if I am dressing to the Nines to wear a 6 strap garter belt and nice nylons in charcoal or black, with lace tops. It's why I dress, is to be the woman I might dream of. Not some working girl on the street. But a Lady dressed as a Lady should be. Wearing a long Skirt I wear nice 2" heel boots, and just over the knee white socks, with a bow, very girlie.

Always I wear the nicest things underneath my dress, peticoats, garters etc.

So it's evident to many, dressing is for ones self image I believe. Also so that we don't get those bad looks while out in public. So dress as you would like other to. Then refine from there I guess.

Haley:)

Jasmine Ellis
03-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Black Stockings, I myself think black gose with anything you wear. But, if you are dressed all in black, like skirt and top, then I would go for dark brown.