PDA

View Full Version : The Mothers (Day) Thread; inspiration for your own "style"

IleneD
05-14-2017, 10:20 AM

Happy Mothers Day.
There's always a special attachment to Mother, but no one can fully appreciate what Mom means to you until she's gone.
I'd kiss the hand of God to hear her voice and be able to talk to her.... especially now; now that I'm beginning to realize the piece of her I hold inside me. She was me and I am her. She knew. She never said it but she knew and loved me.

I fashion Ilene's style and grace after her. I can't help it. She comes naturally to me. Perhaps many of you have your own beloved Mother as the inspiration for your own Inner-Most Woman Soul. If so, good and peace be with you.
If your Mom is still with you, love her with all your heart every moment you can. Tell her about yourself because she already "knows". I'd love to be able to do that.

DIANEF
05-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Not Mothers Day here in the UK, but I honestly owe her everything. She raised six kids virtually single handedly, and we all turned out okay. I'm not sure what influence she ever had on my dressing, but I was raised by her and her friends and many unofficial 'aunties'. My mum is still with us, fighting fit and just had her 77th birthday. Your mother was very beautiful Ilene.

Brandy Mathews
05-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Very well said Irene, ty.
Bree :)