PDA

View Full Version : i wore a dress outside today...

SometimesKairi
05-19-2017, 07:16 AM
Okay it was under a pair of jeans and a t-shirt but the change in my personality was immense.
I grew up with social anxiety.
Now social anxiety isn't simply feeling a bit shy but feeling like everyone judges you on every thing you do.
Stutter once when (rarely) talking and think the entire world thinks you are pathetic waste of space.
Trip up on the street and seriously consider suicide as someone saw you.

I'm a lot better now, more rational on this but it still has its moments.
Regardless, with this secret dress on I felt witty, confident and smart, had a bit of banter with some big issue seller and made the checkout girl laugh at the shop.

My GG bestie says it may be what has been holding me back all these years.
Balls need to grow enough to let me do it un-hidden but boy what a difference :)

Laura912
05-19-2017, 08:06 AM
To paraphrase, "Clothes make the person." Somehow the clothing is an enabler for your real self to get past that anxiety. Wait till you are fully dressed and go out. The butterfly that emerges will be wonderful.

Krea
05-19-2017, 08:18 AM
Hi Kairi,
That's great that you feel your confidence is improving. I have tried underdressing a few times lately & once past the initial paranoia i felt like a much more confident person.
Really like your new avatar photo!
Nic :)

Lana Mae
05-19-2017, 09:12 AM
Great to hear your dressing is helping your anxiety! Like Laura says,wait until you get out fully dressed!!! Hugs Lana Mae

DIANEF
05-19-2017, 09:44 AM
Good for you Kairi, once you get out there fully dressed a whole new world opens up.

dawn459
05-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Kari I have been out inmy
Frontyard fullydressedbut
Havent been shopping yet
Fullydressed. Have worebra&panties inmale mode whileshopping.Athrilling
Experience.

StephanieM
05-19-2017, 06:17 PM
I too suffer from social anxiety, oddly enough going out dressed seems to help with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you Kairi, once you get out there fully dressed a whole new world opens up.

Once you realize that being in public dressed isn't nearly as scary as we think it is, it becomes a thrill.
20 years ago it would have been a different story but I'm finding no one seems to care, or at least they don't feel the need to say anything about it.

Helen 2
05-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Kairi...judging from your avatar photo, you would have nooooo problem out and about -I just LOVE that look!