PDA

View Full Version : Learning to fem walk in tall, spike, heels all over again!

docrobbysherry
05-19-2017, 04:05 PM
After a couple days of foot destroying walking all over in 5" spikes, I wondered if I could be walking wrong?:straightface:

It took me years to convert my steps in heels into practical movements that didn't destroy my spike tips in days. And at an early age my mom showed me how she said Indians walked. And, I've copied that my whole life. Putting one foot directly in front of the next. To leave the least amount of evidence that they had passed according to my mom. But, it's coincidently the same way models walk down the runway. :battingeyelashes:

I've been walking that same way for my 9 years out of the closet. And, I think it looks fem. But, is it good for feet in the long run? So, the last few days I've been trying walking with my feet slightly more off to the side. I find that I feel much more stable walking in spike heels this way. And, wobblier on spikes when I put my feet directly in front of each other. :thumbsup:

I don't think there's any difference if I'm wearing wedges or block heels, just tall spikes. Because the others r so stable at any heel height.
Has anyone else analysed their walk this carefully in HIGH SPIKE HEELS!?:straightface:

Nikki A.
05-19-2017, 04:40 PM
Due to foot problems I can't wear high spike heels for any length of time. However with shorter 2-3 inch I do think I do a little better when I do widen the gait a touch especially when I start getting tired.
I wonder if i has to due with women's hips being a bit wider or shaped a little differently

sometimes_miss
05-19-2017, 05:14 PM
I wondered if I could be walking wrong?
Well, since walking in high heels is just wrong for our feet (ankles, knees, backs too) in the first place, I'd say yes. But hey, I always support people who value beauty over the pain it takes to get there.

Helen_Highwater
05-19-2017, 06:54 PM
While out dressed the other day I encountered a tall, slender, I would say, elegant GG, wearing a flowing above the knee dress walking through the town while wearing 3-4" heels. Her mastery of walking in heels made me so jealous. Hers wasn't a shortened staccato stride but natural and graceful. I would have to say that in regard of foot placement, hers was one of each step placed slightly to one side of the line along which she walked.

Straight back, head held high, owning it. A thing of beauty. Just wonderful to behold. Can't tell you if see got home and went, "Gezz my feel hurt".