PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Izzard

Abraxas
05-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Just wondering how many of you are fans of/ have heard of Eddie Izzard? He's my hero, and the guy who finally made me realise what I am-- helped me put a name to it.

Pete262
05-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Hi,

Yeah me and my girlfriend are both Eddie Izzard fans. We went to see his Sexie tour at Manchester when he was here last November. First saw his 'glorious' video in 1997ish and it was then that I realised that I was an executive transvestite! :D

Abraxas
05-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Very awesome!!!
Anybody else?

Pauline
05-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Eddie Izzard is one of my favorite funny people on earth. I, love what he does, and I think he is a good model for us girls. I wish we could see more of him in the future.

Abraxas
05-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Yes, and while his stand-up is momentarily on hiatus, he is taking the time to act in several films! Any way I see him, I'm very happy! I've got all his shows and several films, etc. Great guy.

THE CROSSDRESSERS
05-04-2004, 02:52 PM
I LOVE EDDIE IZZARD.

He has such a light and playful imagination. I love that one he does about the bird getting a lift in the aeroplane while the friend is left to flap along beside.

And his supermarket queue stand up stuff! Brilliant! Fun!

Do you know Eddie's Address or e-mail because I'd like to send him our

song?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/thecrossdressers.htm

I feel he will appreciate it. Do you?

Abraxas
05-04-2004, 08:36 PM
That's cool!
Em.........
I don't have his addy or email, but if you go to www.eddieizzard.com, on the homepage there is a little message that says "eddieizzard.com is powered by clock". Apparently if you click the work "clock" you can contact his management. They might be able to help you. When I'm done writing my script I'm gonna send it to him. Look around and tell me what you find! Good luck!
Abraxas

Mia001
03-13-2005, 09:19 AM
CAKE OR DEATH?

Eddie Izzard is a brilliant comedian. I actually heard some of his stuff before I saw him and thought he was excellent. His Italian Job bits in Definate Article were hilarious as was the Star Trek phaser settings part.

Definately a bit of a surrealist thinker but very funny.

Marko

Julie York
03-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Eddie Izzard is a genius. I like the way his thinking leaps sideways now and then because mine does too.

I saw his video a long time ago. Can't remember much but I do remember it was very funny.

MonaSmith
03-13-2005, 10:15 AM
I've seen him live about 3 or 4 times now. I don't think that genius is too strong a word. Extremely funny, clever and looks great dressed as a fairy.

Mona xx.

Dian
03-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I love Eddie Izzards routine's, I think my favorite is him doing Sean Connery playing Noah and the arc. :)

Jiera
03-13-2005, 02:23 PM
I own all of his DVDs and watch them pretty regularly, actually.

I'd love to see him live. And Mona - his fairy pic was my wallpaper for a long time.

"Hey! A bloke in a dress!"

Ji

Maddie Knight
03-13-2005, 06:08 PM
I know of eddie but not a big fan of his work, although I think its good he is bringing cd'ind into the media.

StephanieCD
03-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Abraxas, hun...

You are the reason I know the name Eddie Izzard... but I'm a virgin. Please post a few links as a primer for those of us who don't know... any sound files of his bits? Not THOSE bits... the funny ones... well - the comedy ;)

micheller
03-15-2005, 08:30 AM
My wife just did a research presentation for her Human Sexuality class on transvestism (part of the reason I came out!). She decided to print out a bunch of pictures of Eddie Izzard because she feels he breaks down the typical sterotype that TV/CD's are all homosexual. She found some great pics of Eddie in full femme as well as some very intimate pictures of him and his wife (GF?) while not en femme. We've kind of adopted him as our role model....at least I have!

Michelle

Tamara Croft
03-15-2005, 10:25 AM
My partner ~Tammy~ used Eddie Izzard as a reference when she told her sister that she's a crossdresser...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1544

Using him as a reference helped her sister understand more of what a CD is and made her feel more comfortable with it.

Tamara x