PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever ask for help?

Jenny22
05-21-2017, 11:17 AM
This post 'Embarassed to dress around SO' got me to wondering if you have ever asked your wife or SO to help you dress, from the skin out. Of course, it would only apply to supportive ones and could be a way to become less afraid to dress in her presence.

For those who have done this, please share your experience. It may benefit others of us.

Judy-Somthing
05-21-2017, 11:41 AM
The first time I dressed for Halloween I was excited and asked the wife for help doing the makeup.
I was thinking it would come out better than the level I was at.
After a minute I realized she was giving me the Tammy Faye Bakker treatment, I was so bummed.

cdinmd206
05-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Back when I was married the wife would occasionally help me with my makeup. This was only done when we were running late and she did not want to wait. And she would also sometimes attach my back garters if I was having a problem.

LaurenDeHart
05-21-2017, 11:59 AM
My wife use to watch early in my dressing days. She would correct me as needed but we're past much of that. I, like many girls, could always use a helping hand with the zipper but I have gotten to the point where I can now tie my own corset (huge strides for me). Now days my wife is part fashion consultant and part shopping guide. She always finds the best deals!

Lauren

Beverley Sims
05-21-2017, 12:16 PM
In earlier days I used to go around the house partially dressed, this help condition my wife into seeing me dressed.

I always asked for help doing up a longline bra or zipping up an evening dress.

I could do both of these tasks myself but it did help in the conditioning process.

Teresa
05-21-2017, 12:47 PM
Jenny,
The only time I asked if my wife could hep was when I was intending to go out for the first time . There are so many things to get your head round but the simple answer was an emphatic , " NO ".

From that point I knew my CDing was totally in my hands, that is why I bit the bullet and asked for a colour check for my makeup from Boots. In have formed good relationships with many SAs , I do find showing photographs help so much to put the message across, they enjoy seeing them and can give an honest opinion on what suits me . Also without my wife's input I have enjoyed developing my own style ,and putig together what I feel works for me .
To be perfectly honest I think I now prefer not having my wife on board.

Sorry Jenny I know you asked for replies looking for shared experiences but there is another side to it which can work very well, it's just a little harder finding the confidence to do it alone .

CynthiaD
05-21-2017, 05:23 PM
No, I've never asked for help. About the only help I get is an occasional snicker at certain outfits. When this happens, I dump the outfit in the Good Will bag.

Linda E. Woodworth
05-21-2017, 07:30 PM
While my wife is supportive every time I ask for help I "usually" get an excuse about why she isn't good at that or she doesn't know. This is then immediately followed by a change of subject or a blank look.

Then, to confuse me further, she turns around and picks out some nice nail polish for me telling me they'll go good with my natural color.

I've discussed this with my therapist and we're both confused as to what's going on.

Dana44
05-21-2017, 07:43 PM
We help each other with things like getting things adjusted right. Like nighties and clothes. Like she adjusted my white blouse today. I help her anytime she wants and she helps me look alright.

TrishaTX
05-21-2017, 07:44 PM
My wife knows and does borrow my stuff from time to time, undergarments mostly. We also share a panty pile because why not. She has drawn the line in seeing me fully dressed so far...so no is the answer.

Trione
05-21-2017, 08:04 PM
First wife (RIP) would buy panties and lingerie she thought would look good on me. Second wife (RIP) was DADT. Both were great woman just in different ways

Gillian Gigs
05-21-2017, 10:57 PM
My wife helped me in buying a new skirt on Saturday, if that counts. She got the points on her reward card, so she got something too.

Micki_Finn
05-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Occasionally I ask for her opinion on things, and she zips me up from time to time but that's about it really.

franlee
05-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Yes I have and on occasion still do. Back in the early days I had to because her clothes was all I could hse for any extended time.

Sami Brown
05-23-2017, 08:35 PM
My wife will suggest clothes when I accompany her on shopping trips. She is no help with makeup because she doesn't use it herself.

Nikki1983
05-23-2017, 10:35 PM
We always get ready together. I do his makeup and help him find all the right accessories. I never used to wear makeup or even want to get pretty to go out. He has changed that for me! I m learning all the new makeup trends and we are going to meet up with other CDs so they can teach me how to best do his makeup for skin tones, blending and contouring.

LeannS
05-24-2017, 08:44 AM
Thanks Nikki for the comment and for joining us here.

I am on my own she knows I dress but she won't suggest anything but we go shopping for her all the time one of these days I might just pick up something for me.

Leann

Jaylyn
05-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Wife has helped me at first, but recently it's more just me. She used to sell Younique eye lashes and some of their other products and she practiced on my lashes and has several times completely did my makeup. I guess the new wore off of my dressing and now it's more go do it but I really done care as long a I don't embarrass her by going out. She has mood changes off and on about the dressing.

Paigeturner71
05-24-2017, 09:13 AM
My gf knows and is generally accepting. She was very excited at first but I think she thought it eas a passing thing. Now her attitude is more "oh, you're still into that?" I wluld love to go out dressed with to a gay bar or something. Not sure if she would go for it at this point. I guess i need to stress more how much it's a part of my very being. Advice?

JocelynJames
05-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Whenever I ask , my wife does Her best whether it be clothes, makeup, or whatever. She's in my corner but only if I ask which I'm good with.

Paula2
05-24-2017, 12:53 PM
My girlfriend is very supportive and buys me things she thinks would look good. She has given me alot of her unwanted clothes and we go out together regularly. She will zip me up when I ask but that's it.
I am not sure why anyone wants to be watched "in process" We both feel very awkward being together when I am getting ready..We don't even get ready together when I am in boy mode...After I am fully dressed we are very comfortable

Jessica S
05-24-2017, 12:58 PM
My wife would help if asked (usually I'm dressing when kids are at school and she is at work). She has helped in the past and does buy me things now and then.

Allison Chaynes
05-24-2017, 01:02 PM
I don't, but she does ask me my opinion on outfits, which she never did prior to Allison being known to her.

Sandy Storm
05-24-2017, 02:10 PM
I am so lucky that my wife helps me out, she goes as far as putting my outfits together and than dresses me (freaking erotic as hell for her help me click into my femm side) and she loves doing my makeup, she says is like having her own doll...i am such a lucky girl

Veronica53
05-24-2017, 02:52 PM
When my wife accepted me as a crossdresser I asked for help with makeup as she has been doing that most of her life, I also asked her to come wig shopping th help me pick out the best style and colour for me. She helps me pick clothes as well. I am one very lucky person