PDA

View Full Version : Girl time for Emeraude

Emeraude
05-24-2017, 06:30 PM
For some time, I haven't been dressing, and even started to wonder if this was a passing phase that had passed. My wife, when I mentioned that to her, was thrilled. However....my enjoyment of girl time became a desire again. I dressed when she was gone visiting the grandchildren last year. Now, she's gone again for six weeks. I still wasn't sure I'd take advantage of the empty house, although I let my wife know I might. I dropped her off at the airport, and went to "visit" my wardrobe at our storage facility, and immediately took it all home (3 boxes worth). When I opened up the boxes at home, it was like seeing an old friend! It's been almost two weeks now and I've dressed nearly every day (had kids visiting for part of the time). I hesitated to shave, since my wife particularly dislikes that, but, after promising myself I'd start to "re-grow" a month before she was due back, I "took off the fur coat".

It's been great, even re-learning how to do my makeup. I wonder if, when it's time to stop, I'll feel like I've gotten it out of my system again for awhile, of if I've re-ignited the need. Ah, just another interesting challenge in the life of CD'ers.

In the meantime, here's a photo of me enjoying my girl time. This is a red with black polka dot dress with a fitted bodice and sweeping skirt that I love!

Love to all you gals!

Tama
05-24-2017, 06:53 PM
Looking good, no problem there. As to whats going to happen next, that remains to be seen. Have you given thought to how you'll bring this forward to the wife if you continue?
I mean to say there an awful lot of variables to consider here, when the time for Her to come home happens. I suppose you'll know where you are when that time comes. Good luck with it and enjoy!

Fiona123
05-24-2017, 06:53 PM
Emeraude what a pretty name. I hope you enjoy yourself. Nice dress!

Paigeturner71
05-24-2017, 07:08 PM
277536 Just want everyone to know what I look like...

- - - Updated - - -

You look great Emeraude! My biggest issue is false eyelashes..the worst! I think I applied them to my brows once! Help! Thus..the sunglasses...

CherylFlint
05-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Have fun and relax in style.

Emeraude
05-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Looking good, no problem there. As to whats going to happen next, that remains to be seen. Have you given thought to how you'll bring this forward to the wife if you continue?
I mean to say there an awful lot of variables to consider here, when the time for Her to come home happens. I suppose you'll know where you are when that time comes. Good luck with it and enjoy!

I've been fairly comfortable with just dressing while she's out of town, since she goes back East to visit grand-kids several times a year. Now that she knows I'm dressing while she's gone, the next step would be to reach some kind of agreement on how long before she comes back I need to stop shaving. She truly hates the shaved look!

- - - Updated - - -

Great pic of you! Great lipstick shade for you! False eyelashes? I usually just stick with mascara. Lots and lots of mascara!

Paigeturner71
05-24-2017, 07:39 PM
Thank you. I always fall back to mascara but have very thin and not so bountiful lashes. I've tried applying mascara and THEN apply lashes but still they end up on my forehead or something. I exaggerate of course but...hey things can't always be perfect. On a positive note...I'm not a very hairy person so shaving is barely noticeable on me. I hope things work out Emeraude. You're very sweet

Dana44
05-24-2017, 07:59 PM
You look happy Emeraude. Nice dress and heels. Have fun while shes away. It is great to be a girl sometimes.

Lana Mae
05-24-2017, 08:08 PM
Emeraude, hope you enjoy all that girl time! Nice photo! Thanks for sharing! Hugs Lana Mae

IleneD
05-24-2017, 08:34 PM
You make my heart spring with joy and hope, Emeraude.
What a wonderful story. It prompts me to get stoked for the summer when I will likewise have a month or more "home alone".

The red dress is fantastic. You look quite comfortable and natural in it. And the smile?!..... to die for. You seem so happy and at peace. Lord, I wish those near me who "don't get it" could get inside my head when I'm dressed and at such peace. They'd understand WHY.

Take some more photos, please. Share.
You are beautiful, dear.

ginapoodle
05-24-2017, 09:25 PM
A blessing indeed. Thanks for sharing

Emeraude
05-24-2017, 11:52 PM
IleneD, you are so sweet! Yes, I am sooo comfortable in that dress! I love how full the skirt is; it's just amazing to have that much material dedicated to making me look beautiful. And--it has huge pockets, hidden in the seams!

Julie Denier
05-25-2017, 12:34 PM
Lovely pic - very pretty ;)

Emeraude
05-25-2017, 04:15 PM
For my friends who have asked for more pix from my girl time, here you go! (Okay, one friend, but how much does it take to get a CD'er in front of a camera anyway?)

docrobbysherry
05-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Talk about a Cheshire cat grin----:D