PDA

View Full Version : Should I join?

Miss Mandy
05-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Dear Ladies,

I received an invitation to join a local ladies social group (GGs only). No men or kids are allowed (unless specified) and consists of bi-weekly gathers at different restaurants, breweries, wine bars, etc. I am a little nervous because I am not sure if I am different enough in Mandy mode to not be recognized.

I am honored for the invite but still weighing my options. And ideas or advice?

Hugs,

Amanda (Mandy)

Micki_Finn
05-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Is the person who invited you aware that you are a cross dresser or trans? Is this the leader of the group? If the answer to both is yes, then I don't see any issues.

Tracii G
05-25-2017, 02:44 PM
I have a trans friend that joined a GG social group and she loves it.
If you were invited then by all means go and have fun. I know I would love to be invited and if it comes up I get asked you bet I will go.

Paigeturner71
05-25-2017, 02:44 PM
Ok ladies..I'm new to this basically. Can someone please tell me what a gg is? Thank you and you're all wonderful!

Tracii G
05-25-2017, 02:45 PM
Genetic girl or born a female

Paigeturner71
05-25-2017, 02:48 PM
That's what I thought but I got confused when Mandy said she was invited to a gg group. Sorry...but thank you..

Teresa
05-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Mandy,
It's lovely to be thought enough of to be invited but I'm sure you know the answer you must be up front and tell the the facts, I'd hate to think of the consequences if you didn't .

Lana Mae
05-25-2017, 03:11 PM
That is so great! Be up front about who you are or it may come back to haunt you! They may just accept you and have you join in anyway! That would be so nice! Hugs Lana Mae

Lea
05-25-2017, 03:24 PM
It depends. Is the person who extended the invitation authorized to do so? Are the other group members aware of the fact that you are a crossdresser/transgendered? If the answer to those are yes and they want you as a member I would join and not look back.

Darla L
05-25-2017, 03:37 PM
I'm of the same opinion as most of the others. I f they know about you and want you to join, by all means do so and enjoy. However, if they are unaware it would be wrong to join under false pretenses.

Dana44
05-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Amanda, If hey know about you. Then by all means join and enjoy talking with them and sharing good times. I am sure they know and asked you to join.

mykell
05-25-2017, 03:48 PM
i think you would have a great time, its bi-weekly and held at varied venues, if you think you would feel uncomfortable at any you dont have to attend that particular one and if things dont click with the group.....meh....nothing ventured nothing gained as they say....most of my best times out are when i interact with women, men not so much....

alwayshave
05-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Mandy, if you are worried about being recognized than forgo it. I worry about being recognized when out, not that I am recognizable, but often because my SO is with me.

Fiona123
05-25-2017, 06:46 PM
I agree with others who suggest that you should make sure that the gg group that invited you understands who you are. To do otherwise would be disrespectful. That would not help our cause at all.

Kandi Robbins
05-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Not sure why you wouldn't do it. You regularly go out with your wife and don't seem to worry about being recognized in that circumstance. I would assume you would be more recognizable with your wife by your side then you would be on your own.

I have joined a number of mainstream Meetup groups, a few for women only. I have been welcomed and completely accepted. Sign up and enjoy!

mbmeen12
05-26-2017, 04:26 AM
Yes by all means but have wife accompany too and enjoy.

Kate Simmons
05-26-2017, 05:52 AM
As long as everyone knows who everyone else is, I don't see a problem. Enjoy. :battingeyelashes::)

Angie G
05-26-2017, 07:17 AM
Why not I think you will do fine Mandy. You do look the part hun.:hugs:
Angie

IleneD
05-26-2017, 07:40 AM
Venture forth, darling.
If it fails to work out or you are not "welcomed", there is no harm, no foul. Just thank them and walk.
For no other reason than the experience of it, I'd go.

rachael.davis
05-26-2017, 08:07 AM
Mandy if you're not sure if you are different enough in Mandy mode to not be recognized then you must be presenting as very feminine in male mode

Melissa in SE Tn
05-26-2017, 08:09 AM
Yes- if they know you are a man & will accept you as Mandy. No- if you join the group under the false pretense of being a gg. For your sake & those within the group, honesty needs to prevail.

SherriePall
05-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Mandy -- Was this some sort of personal invitation or one of those "we got your name off of some mailing list" invitation?
How the invitation was extended to you should make all the difference in whether you accept or not. Just my two cents.

Meghan4now
05-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Is the person who invited you aware that you are a cross dresser or trans? Is this the leader of the group? If the answer to both is yes, then I don't see any issues.
Rightfully, this is the pervading opinion. But I would add an equally important question: Do you WANT to? There may be reasons to or not to, from a self identity perspective to a time commitment perspective, and a logistics perspective.

Nikkilovesdresses
05-26-2017, 01:40 PM
That's a new twist to the term bi-weekly...

sometimes_miss
05-26-2017, 07:56 PM
When I was much younger and quite shy, the women I worked with (an all female workplace) regularly included me in their nights out with the girls. The few times anyone ever questioned it, they just said since I was the only guy who worked there, they decided to make me an honorary girl. They had no idea how happy that statement made me. So join and enjoy. And remember, you're representing all of us, so be on your best behavior or they'll never invite another crossdresser ever again.

Aunt Kelly
05-26-2017, 10:09 PM
My advice would be to ask yourself if you want to be, and feel like you can be, "one of the girls". You are different, but those who invited you considered you enough like them to reach out and invite you to join them. That is an honor in itself, and should be repaid with the heart open to finding that commonality that the others apparently already feel with you. That's something deeper and quite apart from anatomy. Are you ready to go there?