PDA

View Full Version : Do we judge ourselves to quickly?

samantha78
03-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Most of us love to dress, and for me its a part of my life. Which makes me respect the opposite sex more. But why do we judge ourselves to quickly? Quick to say that we don't look good or we feel in vein!
As for me I dress for the sheer feel and relaxing pleasure of it! But how many are to quick to judge yourselves after you get dressed? For what reason do you do this?

Kimberley
03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Very quick to judge.... insecurity.

Gisele
03-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I do it because it just feels right to me. It is also a relaxing feeling to be dressed as Beth. I just got out of the shower and dressed full tilt with make up and all and now I feel like I am who I was ment to be.

I hate the thought that I might have to go on a run to MI to pick up a trailer and have to go back to guy mode now. I just keep my fingers crossed that I won't have a run tonight.

My SO is use to walking into the door at midnight after she gets off from work to see Beth watching TV.:happy:

I use to do it for a sexual thing but now it is way beyond that point. Although, that is a bonus still.....:p

Beth

Sonia_cd
03-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Point well made Samantha.

Like you I subscribe to the school of thought that "practices" dressing as a means of relaxation and total bliss. Just donning the clothes, from lingerie to the outer wear is a high, make-up and needing to look good figure much later. However, having said that, I would hazard a guess in saying that the vanity stems from wanting to look good or better than most GG's that we know or from the sheer ecstasy of looking at an image in the mirror that is HOT!!!

Having a mental image of the type of picture I want to present and seeing a mismatch between reality and that mental image is perhaps the source of being judgemental and harsh on myself. What say girls?

Love,
Sonia

Marla S
03-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Having a mental image of the type of picture I want to present and seeing a mismatch between reality and that mental image is perhaps the source of being judgemental and harsh on myself. What say girls?[/FONT]

I agree. For me this is the point. Feeling good and looking good is often something different.

Just have to think about all the GGs that are not happy with their bodys. Meanwhile quite a lot go to the cosmetic surgeon, others just suffer more or less. And I'm sure, some of them wear their "high heels" only in the closet too.

So, why should I be happy feeling like having shoe size 8.5 but see 12. It simply doesn't look like it feels and there is no way of a cosmetic surgery.

Probably the difference for CDers is only the larger discrepancy between the mental image and the real image. Might be that this kind of judging is even a part of our female side.

Jennaie
03-07-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't think that I am judgemental or harsh on myself. I do evaluate my look and constantly strive to improve on it.

Yes, sometimes I am just flat dissapointed with it. I know it can look better, so I try to figure out what I need to do to accomplish that end.