PDA

View Full Version : Remember, tonight Rupaul's DragRace TONIGHT at 8/7c on VH1!

nikkiwindsor
06-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Remember, new Rupaul DragRace TONIGHT at 8/7c on VH1!

If my wife was home tonight, I'd be trying to convince her to watch it together!

Tama
06-02-2017, 04:23 PM
My wife watches it all the time!

nikkiwindsor
06-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Tama, what does she think about the show? Nikki

Tama
06-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Nikki, I just asked Her about it and She said the following...Enjoy's Ru, the transformation processes, and some of the judges.Does not much care for the campy nature it can take, or the in-fighting that goes on...

docrobbysherry
06-02-2017, 05:31 PM
I tried watching it once years ago. Nothing there for me------:straightface:

nikkiwindsor
06-02-2017, 05:55 PM
I agree with your wife that the in-fighting can be a bit much...but, then again, the drag scene has always had real tensions between queens. II remember when Ms Brazil's wig was snatched off during a drag queen pageant...see the youtube video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eEBBmEY4o4

Jenn A116
06-02-2017, 05:57 PM
I've watched several of the shows and laughed at many of the skits. However, I also have some difficulty with the presentation of Drag and the image I hope to project when in femme. My wife is wonderfully supportive of my dressing and has no complaints at all when I decide to spend the day as Jenn. She also helps pick out stuff in stores for Jenn and advises me on what coordinates to pick. I don't want her to start thinking that Jenn is some character of a woman.

nikkiwindsor
06-02-2017, 06:06 PM
I've been to several drag shows and the folks there (of all different walks of life) were genuinely having a good time and appreciating diversity of gender, sex, race & ethnicity, you name it. Drag has been with us for ages and I think those drag queens who do comedy and satire allow us to discuss and confront important societal issues of all sorts that are normally taboo or difficult to talk about.

Sandy Clifton
06-02-2017, 09:57 PM
I'm a big fan of the show; I have so much respect for the the queens' talent!
And nerve, and uniqueness, and charisma!

Spoiler alert for those who haven't seen tonight's episode yet:
one of the ladies in this picture is in the final four!

Tracii G
06-02-2017, 11:28 PM
Never seen a whole episode just out takes here and there but no its not my thing.
I haven't watched TV for 6 or 7 years.

Nikkilovesdresses
06-03-2017, 04:01 AM
My problem with the show is Rupaul's ghastly personality, otherwise I'd watch it regularly.

Karen RHT
06-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Similar to Traci G I'm not a fan of TV in general. Only watch the occasional show that pertains to my specific interests. Having said that, I won't be watching this one as I have other plans for this evening.

Karen

Tracii G
06-03-2017, 07:57 AM
I really don't know why people who CD think they have to watch RuPaul's drag race.
I saw it in my trans group a lot and never understood why all of a sudden you crossdress now you have to watch drag queens fight with each other.

nikkiwindsor
06-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Mmm...I've never thought that I had to watch Rupaul's drag race or attend a drag show for that matter. I just enjoy the show mainly to get some ideas as to how to perfect my female look given that I'm obviously living in a physically male body desiring to align my inner femininity with an outward feminine appearance. I'm also trying to learn how well a male can express female mannerisms, body language, walking, etc. I know it's all "over-the-top" and "campy" which makes it fun and often irrelevant. I readily admit the show is not for everyone as several of these posts have revealed.

Fiona123
06-03-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm not into the drag queen scene. I just don't get it. To each his/her own though.

NancySue
06-03-2017, 02:29 PM
To each their own. I respect all opinions. We've watched the RuPaul shows, but find the show very exaggerated and outlandish for us. The "in fighting" seems phony, too. It's really not our "thing". My wife is totally supportive. She and I strive for the more natural, passable look. Sometimes, I overdo my makeup and appreciate her comments and help. Maybe if I knew how much they're paid, I'd change my mind. I remember what Joe Namath was paid to wear pantyhose.

Aunt Kelly
06-03-2017, 03:11 PM
To each their own. I respect all opinions. We've watched the RuPaul shows, but find the show very exaggerated and outlandish for us. The "in fighting" seems phony, too.

Jeez, ya think? This (fake "reality" shows) is what passes for entertainment these days. I have a relative who is friends with one of the former principals on one of those "outdoor" reality shows, like "Deadliest Catch" or "Yukon Men". Relative asked him one day, "Why do you employ all those assholes and losers?" The answer was that the producer liked the "color" they added to each episode. The guy had a great crew of hardworking and dependable guys, but the only ones who ever saw air time were the problem children. So, yeah. The "interpersonal drama" on these shows is "enhanced", if not outright staged. Don't get me started on "Dance Moms"...
/rant

I adore a good drag show, but then I appreciate camp and satire, and drag shows are all about camp and satire. Took in one here in Houston, almost on the spur of the moment and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the closest thing to vaudeville you can get in this town and its a refreshing change.