PDA

View Full Version : Next Step in my Evolution Part 2

sweetdreams
06-04-2017, 07:20 PM
So over the last couple of months I've been pushing hard to see how far I can take Sweetdreams. Up to this point I've been mostly an underdresser, occcasional dress/skirt at home, but never anything above the neck and never out the front door. The goal of this push is to see how presentable I can get. Can I pass. To do this I'm using professionals where ever possible. If experts can't make me pretty than no one can.

I shared my wig shopping where I went into a Wig store and tried on probably 20 different wigs. Sat in among the other customers. No problems. Ended up buying 2 wigs after 3 visits to the shop.

I also my first makeup lessons which took place in the middle of a beauty salon filled with around 18 GGs:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?249348-The-next-step-in-my-evolution&highlight=

I shared my clothes shopping experience in a ladies clothing store:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?249812-Went-shopping-tonight&highlight=

Throughout all of these everyone knew who I was (a crossdresser) and of course what I do.

My latest excursion is back to the beauty salon for makeup lesson #2. This was going to cover eye makeup. Everything else was covered in lesson 1. In this lesson we were going to tie the whole package together.

I decided I needed to go to this second session en femme. This is a welcoming environment where they know who and what I am. They've always been encouraging.

So I do my makeup, get dressed up (pictures below), put my wig on, and out the door I go. I get there and my makeup artist welcomes me at the door with surprise and encouragement - "oh you look so nice."

We head downstairs to the salon and the place is pretty much empty. Only 5 or 6 GGs this time. This is wedding season for them. They had 9 weddings booked for the day and most of the staff are out taking care of those.

While we were getting set up, one of the other makeup artists is heading out the door and comes over to talk to me. She compliments me on my top. Says she could never get away with wearing that color but wishes she could. She tells me how good it looks on me and leaves.

So we go through the various levels of eye makeup from every day to full glam. Every step brought more to the look. In the end I have everything including false eye lashes. Wow what a difference. As we applied the eye makeup I saw the male parts disappearing and the feminine coming forward. I start seeing some pretty things and I'm thinking this is looking pretty good. I'm sitting and absorbing what we've done. Pictures are below....

After we were done my makeup artists walks me to the door and gives me a hug. She says she really had fun making me up and I'm welcome to come back anytime I want. Awww....

So I'm thinking I need to put this new look to the test. I wanted to see if I could get to the point of passing. I head to one of the busier indoor shopping malls. It's 4 PM on a Saturday and I'm going to put this to the acid test. I get to the mall and in I go.

The entrance I used is into a department store a lot like Sears (called the Hudson Bay). I'm walking through the store toward the mall and I'm watching people as I move along. Oh oh. I notice a couple of ladies along the way who seemed to clock me and grimace a little. I'm starting to think this is a bad idea and start heading for the nearest mall exit. Along the way I start building my courage up again. I've come too far to just stop now. I need to own this and keep going.

I change my direction back into the mall, into the thickest crowds of Saturday shoppers. I'm starting to get into feeling girly. I just keep staring forward (keeping half an eye open for reactions) and get a little saunter in my stride (I'm wearing 3" wedges). I walked through the rest of the mall without any kind of strange glares. It took 15 to 20 minutes and I must have passed/mingled with somewhere between 100 and 200 people. Everything was fine. Made eye contact a couple of times – no reaction. Saw a couple of different guys take a look at me – no reaction. I was right in the midst of the crowd, just a few feet from them, even had to turn sideways a couple of time to avoid a collision.

I continued to stroll along. My feet were starting to hurt, I shortened my stride a little to compensate. Continued along looking in the women's clothing stores and cosmetic shops. I made my way back to the Hudson Bay entrance passing lots of people along the way, even went through the cosmetic section of the Bay. No bad reactions. Out the door I went back to my truck. Generally I would say I passed pretty well, much better than I ever imagined. WOW, mind blowing stuff.

Next Friday is the local crossdressers group meeting. I'm thinking Sweetdreams is going to be there.

What do you think? On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being someone who gets clocked 100% of the time and 10 being someone who looks totally feminine and would never get clocked, where do I fit on that scale?

Here are the pictures from the day. The first one is my makeup artist and me, it's a little blurry. The second is me sitting in the beauty salon. The third is my mid length wig. The forth is my Bob wig. The fifth is me at the mall just prior to going in.

Lana Mae
06-04-2017, 07:37 PM
It all sounds good! The third pic is the best with the mid length hair! The last pic you forgot to smile! 7-8 on a scale of ten! Nobody gets a ten! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

bridget thronton
06-05-2017, 01:13 AM
I like the look you developed in these pictures

Becky Blue
06-05-2017, 01:45 AM
Great story you Go Girl!, you certainly pushed yourself a long way forward, well done!

Aunt Kelly
06-05-2017, 06:29 AM
Congratulations on your progress. You look lovely.
An objective score on your "passability" is pointless. Sooner or later someone will clock you. Voice is the biggest tell for most of us, then mannerisms, then all the other details that only get noticed when someone has reason to look harder. So the goal should be not presenting a reason to have anyone look harder, blending in other words.
BTW, your smile will help your look in a big way. The rest of it you've already got down, girl!

Hugs,

Kelly

LeannS
06-05-2017, 09:55 AM
I will give you a 6 you need to smile don't look like a big bad bear smile and watch your walk just a reminder shoulders up and back

Leann

Helen_Highwater
06-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Pic#3 with the longer hair and a hint of a smile is the best for me. The overall look is very natural and you should have little difficulty blending into a crowd.