PDA

View Full Version : Write of passage.

Lindajane
06-11-2017, 07:28 PM
First, i hope its ok to post this here, if not, please accept my humble apologies.
Have you ever thought something that seemed great but when you said it out loud it was not so much?
Did you ever plan what you would say if a certain thing came up but when it did what you had planned to say came out all wrong?
Do you go over in your thoughts how to tell your SO about your secrets but because of the many implications involved you never do?
I have, all the above. For me, keeping a diary helps. I can say things i need to say, read it back to hear how it sounds and edit in or out things. Sometimes i intentionally write things in such an abstract way that i am the only one who knows what it means.Still, it helps to get things out.
If you are like me, a socially awkward person,
this may help you to express yourself and maybe even learn somethings about yourself.
I recently wrote a sort of biography that focuses on my most protected secrets and how they came to be. No plans on posting it here, yet. Lucky you.
All the best...

Nikki A.
06-11-2017, 10:02 PM
All the time. I am kinda seeing someone and want to say something but I can seem to find the right time

Dana44
06-11-2017, 10:16 PM
I agree that writing it down is good. I came out to my SO and it went well and showed her all of my clothes. We do a Friday night talk We face each other on the floor with a glass of wine and some face food and talk about whats on our mind. Those early days we talked a lot about this subject and were able to really talk it out. Now it is mostly other things. She said its the best time to talk as we are focused on each other.

Rachelish
06-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Writing is good therapy. I started a journal recently in which I write about many things, not just dressing. I find that if I have thoughts going round and around in my head, writing them down seems to release them onto the paper, letting me move onto other things.

(Actually I don't use paper but a secure note-taking app. Having a written record lying around of my dressing desires and antics would give me nightmares.)

LeannS
06-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Linda Jane

I do hope you put your notes in a very secure area where only you can find them!!

Lindajane
06-12-2017, 09:19 AM
I use a good diary app. Sometimes i want it to be found. A face to face comfrontation frightens me. If my So could read about my secrets first i think it give her time to deal with it on her own and maybe it would soften things first.